PDA

View Full Version : Took a punt on an Ebay carbon guard. $128 brand new

98tls
19th November 2011, 18:58
Rather have kept my TLS guard but with the GSXR forks it was put in the to hard basket so took a punt on this Carbon one,$128 US with free shipping,not expecting to much was well chuffed when it turned up ultra quick, very well packaged and a good fit.Not as good quality as the like of Geelong Carbon craft but way cheaper and will do the job,sadly its going to make my old Geelong hugger look well old.

ducatilover
22nd November 2011, 10:17
Doesn't look too bad at all.
Considering I paid circa $300 for a Tyga one a few years ago that wasn't much flasher.

Now, put that beast together and get some vids up!

98tls
22nd November 2011, 19:55
Doesn't look too bad at all.
Considering I paid circa $300 for a Tyga one a few years ago that wasn't much flasher.

Awaiting just one more box of bits from England and it will all be put together.Bit hard at the moment,been gib stopping the hallway,house is being painted,new gutters on Friday and a blokes coming to tile the hallway Thursday/Friday.:weird:

Madness
22nd November 2011, 20:01
Looking good mate! One of these days you'll run out of mods and have to give the old girl a paint job :innocent:

Not that there's anything wrong with the current colour, of course :sick:

Seriously though, looking good :niceone:

98tls
22nd November 2011, 20:34
Looking good mate! One of these days you'll run out of mods and have to give the old girl a paint job :innocent:

Not that there's anything wrong with the current colour, of course :sick:

Seriously though, looking good :niceone:

I hear you on the colour thing mate,ive always had this love hate thing with the Y3G Lamb shit yellow/Frog snot green,thing is i guess that anyone mad enough to spend the last 11 years chucking $ at the old thing like i have (and still are) might just as well leave it the rather odd colour it is.:niceone:At least it stands out amongst the rest and is easy to find on a Sunday morning after a night on the piss at a rally etc.Nobodys likely to steal it either lol.

98tls
22nd November 2011, 20:46

Reminded me i did have a clip of the old thing,was trying to get to grips with the new fangled camera awhile back,theres the TL but mostly my finger over the lens:facepalm:http://youtu.be/IcfefkcJ5Bo

HenryDorsetCase
22nd November 2011, 20:54
that top triple clamp is well sexy.

JimO
22nd November 2011, 21:25
can it do a skid mister??

tigertim20
22nd November 2011, 22:25
looks good for the price!

onearmedbandit
22nd November 2011, 22:45
You got a link to the seller handy Mike? If they are a retailer on there I'd be keen to see what else they offer. For the price, that looks fantastic.

ducatilover
22nd November 2011, 22:56
Reminded me i did have a clip of the old thing,was trying to get to grips with the new fangled camera awhile back,theres the TL but mostly my finger over the lens:facepalm:http://youtu.be/IcfefkcJ5Bo

There's something about your bike that makes me grow a tent...:shifty:

Kermit250
23rd November 2011, 11:47
Beautiful bike mate. Where did you get the transparent gear box cover? looks awesome!

98tls
23rd November 2011, 16:38
You got a link to the seller handy Mike? If they are a retailer on there I'd be keen to see what else they offer. For the price, that looks fantastic.

Yea looks ok eh,here you go mate,hes got some good stuff.http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5336646010&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FCarbon-Fiber-Front-Fender-Suzuki-GSXR600-GSXR750-06-07-%2F360398808422%3Fpt%3DMotorcycles_Parts_Accessori es%26vxp%3Dmtr%26hash%3Ditem53e9716566Am going to buy a set of bar end mirrors hes got on there for $29 US,cheap as chips.

98tls
23rd November 2011, 16:43
Beautiful bike mate. Where did you get the transparent gear box cover? looks awesome!

About 8 years ago a bloke on the TL site had 30 made for members,another made the pressure plate,anodized retainers etc,ive an up dated pressure plate i havent got round to fitting.Its more common these days to just cut a hole in the oem clutch cover and fasten a window in there.Its bullshit really but something different eh.:niceone:

onearmedbandit
23rd November 2011, 17:16
Yea looks ok eh,here you go mate,hes got some good stuff.

Excellent, thanks mate, just bought a new clear screen off him for my bike for US$24.99 with free shipping. Can't beat that!

98tls
23rd November 2011, 17:48
Excellent, thanks mate, just bought a new clear screen off him for my bike for US$24.99 with free shipping. Can't beat that! :niceone:Its ridiculous how cheap this stuff is eh,that and free shipping:laugh:You wouldnt be able to buy a second hand screen in good nick for that here.Just wish he sold huggers for the TL,this guards going to make my one look shite.

Kermit250
23rd November 2011, 20:16
About 8 years ago a bloke on the TL site had 30 made for members,another made the pressure plate,anodized retainers etc,ive an up dated pressure plate i havent got round to fitting.Its more common these days to just cut a hole in the oem clutch cover and fasten a window in there.Its bullshit really but something different eh.:niceone:

Maybe I live under a rock, 'cause I've never seen it before. Reminds me of the Ducati dry clutch with the slotted cover.

I quite like it, might have a look at doing something like that one day :Punk:

I think I have an illness...... :weird: :eek:

onearmedbandit
23rd November 2011, 20:27
:niceone:Its ridiculous how cheap this stuff is eh,that and free shipping:laugh:You wouldnt be able to buy a second hand screen in good nick for that here.Just wish he sold huggers for the TL,this guards going to make my one look shite.

Love ebay. Now just picked up a yellow headlight protector for US$26 inc shipping.

98tls
23rd November 2011, 20:39
Maybe I live under a rock, 'cause I've never seen it before. Reminds me of the Ducati dry clutch with the slotted cover.

I quite like it, might have a look at doing something like that one day :Punk:

I think I have an illness...... :weird: :eek:

Mate you have an MV:niceone:Nothing ill about that.Yea a bit dry clutch reminder eh,had a few of those but unless it was an early SS or similar wouldnt have another.Had the old TLS for many years (still love it) and rather than carry on buying newer bikes i just decided many years ago to keep it and throw ridiculous amounts of coin at it,its a bit different and thats good.Would only consider selling it to buy either an old Bevel drive or if i stumbled across a mint 850 Commando.

wilber
23rd November 2011, 22:39
Les has a thread on the tlplanet re old bikes funny you should say that Mike but theres a brand new 1975 with 0 miles 850 commando for sale in the states was still in its packing crate .

Mad-V2
23rd November 2011, 23:41
Looks awesome for the price mike!
Cant wait to see it finished, I'm guessing you'll have no probs putting the CZ's on that front end with Sam's spacers?
I'll be getting some forks while in Oz but want to keep the OEM front rim setup and Van's top triple. Just gotta pick the right year front end.
I finally found Kendall Berg's website (http://kbsportbike.net/), Man I'm glad I found a new job to support this stinking obsession!
Please let me know how you get on with the 1080, I'll be getting the 1188 stage 3 kit when I finally move back home and I'll probably ask a few questions if thats o.k.
Also, if you want the dimensions for a gap mod tray, I have the layout from the one I made.
It could be shaped better to completely close any gaps under the hump, but it's a perfect fit as is. And easy!

Cheers

98tls
30th November 2011, 22:03
Looks awesome for the price mike!
Cant wait to see it finished, I'm guessing you'll have no probs putting the CZ's on that front end with Sam's spacers?
I'll be getting some forks while in Oz but want to keep the OEM front rim setup and Van's top triple. Just gotta pick the right year front end.
I finally found Kendall Berg's website (http://kbsportbike.net/), Man I'm glad I found a new job to support this stinking obsession!
Please let me know how you get on with the 1080, I'll be getting the 1188 stage 3 kit when I finally move back home and I'll probably ask a few questions if thats o.k.
Also, if you want the dimensions for a gap mod tray, I have the layout from the one I made.
It could be shaped better to completely close any gaps under the hump, but it's a perfect fit as is. And easy!

Cheers

All good mate,i long ago considered the gap tray thing but it didnt work with what ive planned so gave it away.The 1080 bits are going into the "other" S motor i have which will end up replacing the current lump so ask away.The last bits i needed for the forks turned up today from Sam so am fitting them this weekend.

98tls
2nd December 2011, 18:47
Les has a thread on the tlplanet re old bikes funny you should say that Mike but theres a brand new 1975 with 0 miles 850 commando for sale in the states was still in its packing crate .

What a find eh,someone will get a treasure.Lucky bugger.