PDA

View Full Version : another CBR 250RH review

mikey
18th July 2005, 17:10
1988 - what a fine year for motorcycle production.

i wont bore you with the oooo mine is a claimed 2 kg lighter with no battery or fluids in it or the claimed HP at the crank case is a few more.
its just your run of mill 4 cylinder 4 stroke
though it does have twin discs unlike some 250s

now my bike specific
it is now running just fucking fine, up to friday it had been running rather shit for a few months, its oil tank is 2.7L an i put 2L (bike oil this time) an after a few kms it was redlining again.

my bike handles pretty fucking well. it used to bottom out a bit cause i weigh 82kg an 6 foot someink tal unlike the 5 foot 2, 45kg asians there built for, but got the preload(?) wound right up now

with 2 new tyres on it it was slippering all over the place on the way over the rimutakas for my scrub in in the rain, after a hundred kays im fully confident on them, I am yet to scrape my kneee on the ground, although it is quite achievable, i avoid putting my knee on the ground actually ,as i ride in jeans an it would hurt.
when i get full leathers with sliders ill do it goign to the supermarket.

i got the bike with 54000km december 15th 04 two days later i was violently bashed off it by a palermston norht HP car an then didnt ride it for a two months. since then its its up to 71000kms. i do do a bit of commuting on it, although i dont have a job :no: .dont like replacing tyres so they turn iinto slicks an i got slapped around the head by my mechainc last week when he put new ones on it. IRC's road runners front an rear, seem to stick alright.

it is a great light bashed up bike to learn on that screams away all day long, i torture the bastard, dont even feed it oil, an it stil soldiers on.

oh an some pics of it.

wheelie (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/12066/wheelie.JPG)
stoppie (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/albums/userpics/12066/mikey-stoppie.jpg)
an a burn out one somewhere i cant find.
shame i didnt get teh cop chase

perfect stunting bike eh chaps :rofl:

Motoracer
18th July 2005, 17:19
I see a real genius here! Nice review cuz, keep it real! :rockon:

mikey
10th August 2005, 12:29
cant seem to add another attchment to top post so
heres my pussy burn out attempt.
some chump came running out of his house an i had 2 options
go harder an try hide my number plate in the smoke or take off. so i wussed out. wussy.

hard to find a decent cameraman, i wwas really doing some stoppies that i thought i was goign over the front (going down a small hill) but pictures were with the tyre a foot off the ground. reckon i could of got better pictures by doing them myself. set camera to 30 second delay ride up hill, come down an yeh. wooo