PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted from owners of 1994 era Aprilia RS250s

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 12:06
Hey All,

Could some current or previous owners of the Aprilia RS250 please step forward in preperation to unload your knowledge onto me.

If you haven't owned and maintained/rebuilt one yourself then no need for your 2 cents just yet - unless you are funny, as I like to laugh.

I have just come across a 1994 RS250 in Chesterfield livery for cheap, its currently running with unknown service history and internal condition, pulls well starts easyand revs clean from low down to redline - so I'm going to assume all is well but it has done just over 20,000kms with unknown history so could be due for some work.

It comes with brand new wof and reg and is seriously cheap so I'm about to hand some money over - I want to know about maintenance and rebuilds tho. How hard are parts to get? should getting parts/repairs and maintenance costs put me off buying? I have heard availability of parts is a real problem for the RS250.

I know I can get body work, some bits and pieces like triple clamps, foot pegs, exhaust and pistons/rings and cylinder heads off Tyga Performance.. but what about crankshafts,barrels etc, like replacement parts for other issues mechanical failures that come up as part of the 2 stroke lifestyle. How available are the parts that I will inevitibly need for full rebuilds/maintenance to keep the thing running well and making good power?

Any knowledge/experience would be great..

Thank you in advance.

I plan to use it on the track as well as road, has road gear and track gear. so a bit of a toy to give the Fireblade a rest. So I need to work out realistically how easy it will be to rebuild the 2 stroker between trashings.

Thanks all :D

nodrog
28th November 2011, 12:16
A full top end kit with everything you need is around $500 delivered from the UK (depending on exchange rate), all genuine Suzuki parts.

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 12:47
Brilliant, thank you - would you have more info by any chance, a website or company name that supplies this top end kit?.. I did a lazy google search and couldn't see anything easily :D

nodrog
28th November 2011, 12:53
Brilliant, thank you - would you have more info by any chance, a webdite or company name that supplies this top end kit?.. I did a lazy google search and couldn't see anything easily :D

the webdite is, http://www.thetuningworks.co.uk/store/

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 16:24

haHa ;) cheerd

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 16:31
oh that site is awesome - 300cc kits :) :D hello

Transalper
28th November 2011, 17:44
Hey All,

Could some current or previous owners of the Aprilia RS250 please step forward.....

....all genuine Suzuki parts.

Ok am I missing something here or has someone mis read Aprillia RS250 vs Suzuki RGV250 or are the parts interchangeable or is it another Kawasaki made by Suzuki thing... or ... or.... :scratch:

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 17:46
Ok am I missing something here or has someone mis read Aprillia RS250 vs Suzuki what?

the aprilia rs250 engine is a suzuki rgv250 engine.. same parts :)

Transalper
28th November 2011, 17:47
Well that clears that up then :done:

... and dam, you quoted me while I was editing :Oops:

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 19:06
... and dam, you quoted me while I was editing :Oops:
haha :)

I'm excited about all those parts available for the RS250.. can't wait to throw some money at it :D its not hard to get bits for them at all, well at least not in the UK

frogfeaturesFZR
28th November 2011, 20:27
Search AF1 Aprilia forums, everything you could ever want to know there. Enjoy the new toy !

Fast Eddie
28th November 2011, 21:28
Search AF1 Aprilia forums, everything you could ever want to know there. Enjoy the new toy !

Brilliant, cheers for the link :) Can't wait for the arrival of the new toy - will post up photos etc when it gets here.