PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Western Australia! (lo1ux)

lo1ux
28th November 2011, 21:09
Hey all, im in the process of finding out all sorts of information about how to relocate to NZ for a few years (most likely Queenstown) and figured I should start with the most important thing...the bike :yes:

Anyway im part of a group here at home called Perth Street Bikes and when im not away working I get out on my 2006 Triumph S3 around the streets making a nuisance of myself and through the country and our "hills". Ive also got a 04 Husaberg FS 650 that has to be the most nuts bike I have ever ridden. Ive spent abit of time working in the North Island and have had a blast on hire bikes, I absolutely love the Coromandel Peninsula and felt like I had been at the track all day. Do many people get out in Queenstown much or do I have to head a little further afield?

Ive got plenty of research to do in regards to bring my S3 and Hilux, but I reckon I can bring them over for the first 12 months on a tourist license. Anywho im more then likely rambling now so I shall look forward to lurking around on your forum.

Alex

newhere
28th November 2011, 21:13
Hey all, im in the process of finding out all sorts of information about how to relocate to NZ for a few years (most likely Queenstown) and figured I should start with the most important thing...the bike :yes:

Anyway im part of a group here at home called Perth Street Bikes and when im not away working I get out on my 2006 Triumph S3 around the streets making a nuisance of myself and through the country and our "hills". Ive also got a 04 Husaberg FS 650 that has to be the most nuts bike I have ever ridden. Ive spent abit of time working in the North Island and have had a blast on hire bikes, I absolutely love the Coromandel Peninsula and felt like I had been at the track all day. Do many people get out in Queenstown much or do I have to head a little further afield?

Ive got plenty of research to do in regards to bring my S3 and Hilux, but I reckon I can bring them over for the first 12 months on a tourist license. Anywho im more then likely rambling now so I shall look forward to lurking around on your forum.

Alex

Hiya Alex, good choice NZ :innocent: :laugh: Have fun on here :yes:

FJRider
28th November 2011, 21:20

Do many people get out in Queenstown much or do I have to head a little further afield?

Alex

I live a bit over an hours ride from there ...

Answer is YES.

Google ... The Crown range, The Kawerau Gorge, The Devils Staircase, The Glenorchy Road. The Haast Pass, The Lindis Pass ... All a hours ride or less away from Queenstown.

or check out MY profile page Photo albums ...

unstuck
29th November 2011, 03:27

Alex

Gidday, glad to see you are getting your priorities right. Awesome roads down this end of the country,just got to watch out for the ice in winter.:yes:

Whisper
28th December 2011, 18:09
Welcome pal....Queenstown?.....you must have some wealth then. :eek: