PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a fool

FuriousD
30th November 2011, 20:48
Thought it appropriate to post here about something stupidly idiotic i just did.

anyway went for a ride to mission bay and back to enjoy that nice stretch of road there, chilling listening to the soundtrack from drive :scooter:
got home and was feeling really content and happy :cool:
went to park my bike up, turned of the ignition and went to stepped off. oh shit, wait ive forgotten to put the side stand down :brick:

scratches along the front of the bike, where the indicator is and a nice crack just above the indicator :facepalm:

god i feel like a newbie right now.

on another note at least i don't feel as bad as a police biker i saw back home who forgot to put his feet down at a light. poor guy

JustNick
30th November 2011, 20:58
Two lols don't make a right :killingme

tigertim20
30th November 2011, 21:10
Thought it appropriate to post here about something stupidly idiotic i just did.

anyway went for a ride to mission bay and back to enjoy that nice stretch of road there, chilling listening to the soundtrack from drive :scooter:
got home and was feeling really content and happy :cool:
went to park my bike up, turned of the ignition and went to stepped off. oh shit, wait ive forgotten to put the side stand down :brick:

scratches along the front of the bike, where the indicator is and a nice crack just above the indicator :facepalm:

god i feel like a newbie right now.

on another note at least i don't feel as bad as a police biker i saw back home who forgot to put his feet down at a light. poor guy

dont sweat it. everyone has an 'Im an idiot' story about learning the ropes with bikes, its just that some are less willing than others to admit it.

unstuck
30th November 2011, 21:13
Yep, been there done that. You are not alone.:Punk:

FuriousD
30th November 2011, 21:18
dont sweat it. everyone has an 'Im an idiot' story about learning the ropes with bikes, its just that some are less willing than others to admit it.

shit worst part is i have a full irish license and have been riding a couple of years now! but for some reason was just not paying attention today.

just stitched the old girl up with some handy cable ties, kinda looks cool....

Tigadee
30th November 2011, 21:28
There, there... The pain will fade, lad, and you'll feel better in the morning.

Maha
30th November 2011, 21:32
I once dropped a bike in public..I am sure the people in the shop across the road would have come to my aid, just as soon as they had picked themselves up off the floor from laughing.:corn:

FuriousD
30th November 2011, 21:36
I once dropped a bike in public..I am sure the people in the shop across the road would have come to my aid, just as soon as they had picked themselves up off the floor from laughing.:corn:

that makes me feel better mate, thanks! mine happened in a dark alley behind my my house!

on another note my bike is really light! :yes:

oldrider
30th November 2011, 21:46
Don't worry most of us have had those experiences and some you can't even imagine .... you are just a normal biker, welcome to the club! :ride:

sgtp
1st December 2011, 16:20

I wonder about those biker cops....last one I saw was splitting lanes in slow traffic looking for people driving while on a cell phone...dude was wobbling all over the place. I thought he was going to turf it a few times.

My "feeling like fool" story is when I strapped a camera to the front of my mirror to record my ride. Have you ever had someone looking over your shoulder while using a PC and you find you can not type your name correctly to save your life? Thats what that ride felt like, lol. Pretty must everything went wrong...battery died on me, had to bump start, almost lost it on a wet painted arrow, and so on and so on..................:facepalm:

PrincessBandit
6th December 2011, 05:47
Hmmm, let me see - parking facing inward to the kerb (wrong way with the camber, so guess who had to ask a stranger to pull her back out onto the road as I couldn't walk my bike backwards 'uphill' [shhhh and it was only a ginny :shit::o ] ). Or who couldn't figure out why her bandit wouldn't start, in front of a bunch of guys who were watching me, only to eventually discover the kill switch had been knocked...

Funny how the most embarrassing things are always in front of an audience. Otherwise they're not really all that embarrassing. Unless you confess online.

nathanwhite
6th December 2011, 10:37
Bike fell over TWICE on the side of the road while a policeman was watching.

Turns out it was because it was a slight downhill and I had it in neutral.
Needless to say I always park in 1st now. :laugh:

superman
6th December 2011, 10:58
First time taking the bike out on the road, tried to do a U-turn on a thin country road rather than a 3 point turn. 1.5 feet deep ditch either side of road... hard to get enough traction for your feet on gravel to try stopping and reversing away from the steep ditch entry. :confused:

Armi
6th December 2011, 11:10
I tried parking with my bike in gear even though I wasn't on a hill, first time doing it. Was standing beside the bike and hit the start button, bike jumped forward and over it went... :facepalm:

Crasherfromwayback
6th December 2011, 11:15
Least you didn't ride off with the steering still locked!

Armi
6th December 2011, 11:16
Least you didn't ride off with the steering still locked!

That can't be fun... Mine has the steering lock as part of the ignition. I would always forget about it if it wasn't.

Crasherfromwayback
6th December 2011, 11:18
That can't be fun... Mine has the steering lock as part of the ignition. I would always forget about it if it wasn't.

I can assure you it wasn't!!!:baby:

bogan
6th December 2011, 11:55
I rode off with a disc lock still on once. Howeve due to my bike having in-board discs it was attached to one of the 6 'spokes'; and due to adequate clearance it didn't actually stop the wheel turning, but did have a very loud alarm. However the alarm sensor was a bit shit and sometimes failed to go off. Happily rode out of my driveway and got to about 30kmhr before noticing a somewhat violent headshake, which reminded me of the disc lock on my spoke. Stopped and turned around and to slowly go back to get the key. At which point the very loud alarm started going off :facepalm:

merv
6th December 2011, 13:35
I thought the rule was "If it wasn't caught on camera and you never told anyone about it, it never happened" :(

george formby
6th December 2011, 13:53
I rode off with a disc lock still on once. Howeve due to my bike having in-board discs it was attached to one of the 6 'spokes'; and due to adequate clearance it didn't actually stop the wheel turning, but did have a very loud alarm. However the alarm sensor was a bit shit and sometimes failed to go off. Happily rode out of my driveway and got to about 30kmhr before noticing a somewhat violent headshake, which reminded me of the disc lock on my spoke. Stopped and turned around and to slowly go back to get the key. At which point the very loud alarm started going off :facepalm:

A mate back in Blighty was selling his GORGEOUS!! GS 1000 (it was lubbly:love:) & he decided to warm it up before the buyer arrived & pulled away with the u-lock still through the forks. The guy still bought it but got a discount....

My GF is learning at the mo & I keep telling her a bike is the best way to learn about gravity.

Thaeos
6th December 2011, 21:43
Yup, done that. Been out for a nice ride, parked up in drive and wandered off.. oh shit! Only done it once though, learnt my lesson.

Also managed to fall over on the bike while standing completely still. Not sure what I was doing, just came to a halt and didn't put my feet down, slowly tipped over. I think I was distracted by some eye candy of the female variety.. Important thing was I cushioned the bike's fall so no damage done!

unstuck
7th December 2011, 05:37
Never put your left foot down when there is a 3 foot high river bank on your left side when you are stopped real close to the edge.:facepalm: Some habits can be dangerous and embarrasing :yes:

ajturbo
7th December 2011, 06:01
i was changing the brake pads on the XB.. front wheel off... bike "blocked " up .. next thing i know.. the bike had fallen ON me...err.. one stuck AJ... hahahahah..
only thing scratched was my pride... heheheh:facepalm:

hellokitty
7th December 2011, 06:31
:facepalm: My feet got stuck in the footpegs of a new bike on my first ride of it - luckily I had Mr Hellokitty's CBR to break my fall - was like dominos, I fell on him and he fell over too! Poor CBR had bent handlebars, broken lever (brake) and broken foot brake and smashed fairings. My bike was fine as my body took the impact. Looked like a dick though, laying wedged between 2 bike while petrol is pissing out of my engine!

p.dath
7th December 2011, 14:46
Thought it appropriate to post here about something stupidly idiotic i just did....
chilling listening to the soundtrack from drive :scooter:...

Yeah that is pretty crazy, listening to music (effectively turning off one of your senses to what's happening around you) and riding. :lol:

SMOKEU
8th December 2011, 23:50
I was running late for work on a rainy morning and the old CG125 was being a cunt to start. I kept cranking it over hard, then my foot slipped off the kick start and hit the ground hard, which hurt my toes a fair bit. I spent the rest of the day at work limping around getting strange looks from customers. (I think I broke at least 1 toe). After work it was still raining hard, same thing happened again. Yup, definitely broke at least 1 toe this time round. Hurt for a few weeks.

Breaking bones on a bike without even riding it is epic n00b fail.

awa355
9th December 2011, 06:22
:wacko:I'll post my 'first silly' when I have one.

Back in the days when 'REAL' bikes could be riden away from the curb with the side stand down,

Friday night, Late shopping night years ago; Trying to impress other 'lesser' riders outside the local bike shop by doing wheelies (and not)

Missing a gear change when accelerating away from same shop with same young hoons watching.

Looking 'cool' sitting side saddle on a parked bike when it rolls forward off the sidestand.

Jay GTI
9th December 2011, 12:35
If we're sharing "idiot" stories, went to a ride near Dargaville. Atempted to kick over my bike, so it could warm up before I hit the trails (RM250 at the time, them 2-smokes don't like being cold).

Couldn't start it. Mate had a go, couldn't start it. I pushed it down the sloping part of the car park to bump, wouldn't start. Kicked it again, wouldn't start. Mate and me pushed it up hill and tried bump starting again. Nope. Crowd started gathering (helpful bunch, these off-roaders) who either had a go at kicking it over, or joined in on the push start malarky. Nothing.

Mate says "you have turned the fuel on, haven't you?".

Me: "yeah, I'm not that f**king stupid, of course I.... um.... haven't"

Turned on fuel, 2nd kick she fires.

slofox
9th December 2011, 14:56
I felt a fool once. She was blonde. Very voluptuous although a little silly...:innocent:

yea, I know, warped sense of humour...:facepalm:

ducatilover
9th December 2011, 15:29
I was parking my VT250 around the back of a mate's house, was going nigh on walking pace on the grass (idling in first) and discovered a hidden hole/mud-trap/glitch in the matrix. Ended up with a very muddy bike and something to laugh about while destroying much beer.

FuriousD
10th December 2011, 21:33
Yeah that is pretty crazy, listening to music (effectively turning off one of your senses to what's happening around you) and riding. :lol:

i know but only ride with one ear in and down real low. if you had my helmat with its massive wind noise problems you'd understand.

looks like i've started quite a dangerous and very much entertaining thread!