PDA

View Full Version : Post classic championship entries

codgyoleracer
2nd December 2011, 05:58
Got along to the Manfield round of the "championship series" on November 20th to find just a couple of Pre89's and not many Pre82's, whats up with that ?

Is it time to look at having a single annual event, get everyone together and make a BIG weekend of it for the championship. It would make sense that the NZPCGP would be part of that ?

Its also interesting note that individual independant club series (e.g Vic etc) and events like the Tri-Series etc are supported at a much greater level by competitors in the 82-89 class

GW

codgyoleracer
13th December 2011, 15:55
Bumpty Bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

White trash
13th December 2011, 17:19
Lol. Looks to me Glen that you're undergoing the same transformation the sidecar class has been afflicted with over the past couple of seasons at national level.
The "If we can't win, we wont play, and we'll hate you even more if you try to drum up interest and numbers of your own accord" scenario.

Good luck mate. I have a pre 89 bike that I'd LOVE to come and play on, but finances are a little tight right now.

codgyoleracer
15th December 2011, 06:16
Lol. Looks to me Glen that you're undergoing the same transformation the sidecar class has been afflicted with over the past couple of seasons at national level.
The "If we can't win, we wont play, and we'll hate you even more if you try to drum up interest and numbers of your own accord" scenario.

Good luck mate. I have a pre 89 bike that I'd LOVE to come and play on, but finances are a little tight right now.

OMG - a comment !

Yeah, there are three or four good bikes being built with fast riders coming soon, so hopefully that starts to build the overall level and the field sizes ?. It s a cool class and there are lots of competitive bikes to choose from aye,

Its just that the impression currently is that the championship with its many rounds doesnt appear to drag in the many bikes/rider combos that "are out there", whereas the one off spectacle events like Paeroa / Wanganui etc appear to be well supported.

As these events are "where the crowd is" and the crowd often has a strong interest in the oldies class (much the same as sidecars) at these types of meetings, - then it makes sense that one of those rounds (or both) + the GP meeting at Taupo becomes 'the series" to me. ?

GW

Peter Smith
16th December 2011, 20:30
Hi Glen,
Paeroa was going to be a round of the championship last year but there were too many objections due to the dangers of street racing so it was removed from the championship.
I agree, it was the poorest turn that out I can remember for a Manfield event (and I've done every meeting over the last 4 years).
Last year one of the Vic rounds at Manfield was in the championship and there were so many post classic bikes they had to split the seniors and junior up cause we exceeded the max grid numbers.
This year the NZPCRA are supporting a few of the NZCMRR meetings (the previous year we did none) by including them in the NZPCRA championship.
But times are hard and very few could afford to make the trip to Manfield.
The tri-series is already well supported so it would not make sense to try and squeeze more bikes onto the grid by making it a championship round. (last year RD1 of the tri-series was included in the champs).
The final round this year is with the National superbikes at Hampton, so bring the Bimota as well.

Well Done at Hampton, as a mere mortal I have done 1:12's but thats as quick as I can go. 1:10s is very impressive.
Good luck at Manfield tomorrow.

OMG - a comment !

Yeah, there are three or four good bikes being built with fast riders coming soon, so hopefully that starts to build the overall level and the field sizes ?. It s a cool class and there are lots of competitive bikes to choose from aye,

Its just that the impression currently is that the championship with its many rounds doesnt appear to drag in the many bikes/rider combos that "are out there", whereas the one off spectacle events like Paeroa / Wanganui etc appear to be well supported.

As these events are "where the crowd is" and the crowd often has a strong interest in the oldies class (much the same as sidecars) at these types of meetings, - then it makes sense that one of those rounds (or both) + the GP meeting at Taupo becomes 'the series" to me. ?

GW