PDA

View Full Version : Cheap bike cam?

Edbear
6th December 2011, 08:45
With some misgivings I picked up a very cheap digital video camera from Tricky Dicks last week. It was on special for $59.00 without the SD card so I grabbed a 2G SD card to try it out as a dash cam in the car and for general videoing of "stuff."

It's only VGA quality but that also means an hour and a half recording on only a 2G card. It's powered by three AA batteries, is small and very light, intended mainly for kids I suspect. It comes in blue or Barbie Doll pink. (NO, I got the blue one! :bleh:)

I was amazed at the quality of the video. Although it has no features like anti-shake and wind protection for the mike, it works very well on the dashboard of the car. If you mount it out of the wind as much as possible, or turn the sound off when viewing, it would be a great wee camera for anyone looking at price! Sound quality is quite good though.

My daughter used it at school to video our Grandson taking part in a school activity for parents the other day and it was great! The batteries seem to last forever, I haven't changed them yet and you can immediately plug into your TV or computer for viewing and saving the vids. It will take up to an 8G SD card so hours of video as well as taking still pics. Easy to use, very simple for simple folk like me...

I reckon it's worth a try for all sorts of activities, if you're out in the bush, trail bike riding, at the beach or anywhere you want a light, small, quick to set up camera! It can be set on a tripod too.

Edbear
6th December 2011, 09:08
Thought a pic or two might help...

avgas
6th December 2011, 10:12
Or you could be like me and mount a certain dive mask to the front grill ;)

Edbear
6th December 2011, 10:50
Or you could be like me and mount a certain dive mask to the front grill ;)

Now there's a good idea, too. I happen to know where you can get those from... :innocent: