PDA

View Full Version : Someone suggested that I introduce myself (ajessep)

ajessep
11th December 2011, 22:58
a KB member suggested i introduce myself here so here we go -

my riding experience is fairly limited, was a pillion on a number of rides a few yrs back (in SYD) then finally got my own bike. just a little gpx 250. sold it 6mths later as i left SYD and wandered abroad for 16mths. only bike i rode on the trip was a wee scooter in and out of the villages of Goa. was a bit mad looking back in hindsight - i was pretty zippy on it even with my 5yr old girl behind me in her oversized Shark helmet and me in a horseriding helmet! had to contend with motley coloured buses and triuks, cows, the (very) occasional elephant, other foreign scooter riders ...

landed in Akld 14 mths ago and quickly bought another gpx. love riding, love adrenalin but need to stay alive :niceone: one day i'll get a bigger bike but i dont get to ride much at the moment so could be stuck on my 250 for awhile. keen to learn learn learn so im a more confident and safer rider, as i do love speed and am not particularly risk averse so NEED to get my skills up.

alike my profession, i like riding but im not in-love with bikes themselves ( i work in I.T. :headbang: but do not get off on technology.) what i am in-love with is travelling, seeing different places, meeting different people and experiencing different cultures.

as i tend to wander (roam) i look fwd to the day i can get on a bike somewhere in the world and ride for 12 mths. i have no doubt that i will do this, just awhile away yet. but already planning sth island trip.

so there we go. make as many assumptions and draw as many conclusions from that as you can ha ha ha :Playnice:

unstuck
12th December 2011, 04:39
Good luck, everybody needs a dream.:niceone:

Mom
12th December 2011, 05:25
Welcome to KB Ms Jessep.

oneofsix
12th December 2011, 05:59
a KB member suggested i introduce myself here so here we go -

<snip>

so there we go. make as many assumptions and draw as many conclusions from that as you can ha ha ha :Playnice:

Looks like the KB member warned you what to expect. Of course conclusions will be drawn and assumption made. You need a thick skin but generally the play is nice, in a broady pub banter sort of way :drinknsin
Technology is a tool and bikes are for riding. Enjoy the ride.

scorpio girl
15th December 2011, 20:07
Hi, looking forward to meeting you on the Taupo ride and hearing more about your riding adventures :) I've still got heaps to learn aswell, I've had much less riding experience than you though! I just got my restricted license the other week, and like you am keen to stay safe and improve my skills and confidence. And have fun along the way! :2thumbsup Lisa

ajessep
16th December 2011, 00:17
Looks like the KB member warned you what to expect. Of course conclusions will be drawn and assumption made. You need a thick skin but generally the play is nice, in a broady pub banter sort of way :drinknsin
Technology is a tool and bikes are for riding. Enjoy the ride.

Takes all sorts :cool: Did the ride to the Cape few weeks back so have met a few riders already which was great! Nice riding with a few others.

ajessep
16th December 2011, 00:18
Hi, looking forward to meeting you on the Taupo ride and hearing more about your riding adventures :) I've still got heaps to learn aswell, I've had much less riding experience than you though! I just got my restricted license the other week, and like you am keen to stay safe and improve my skills and confidence. And have fun along the way! :2thumbsup Lisa

Hi Lisa, I saw your on the Taupo thread and was trying to figure out who you were as I thought you were on the Cape ride. it's funny knowing everyone by their KB username ... see you in Feb!!! look fwd to meeting ya.

scorpio girl
16th December 2011, 07:28
Hi Lisa, I saw your on the Taupo thread and was trying to figure out who you were as I thought you were on the Cape ride. it's funny knowing everyone by their KB username ... see you in Feb!!! look fwd to meeting ya.

I wish I'd gone on the Cape ride, I found out about it late & even though there was a space cos someone had pulled out I had work commitments.... I so wish I'd just bunked work and gone anyway, it sounds like it was a blast!
There's no way I was going to miss the Taupo one too, really looking forward to it :banana:

ajessep
16th December 2011, 22:13
I wish I'd gone on the Cape ride, I found out about it late & even though there was a space cos someone had pulled out I had work commitments.... I so wish I'd just bunked work and gone anyway, it sounds like it was a blast!
There's no way I was going to miss the Taupo one too, really looking forward to it :banana:

sorry cant book in with u in the room. do u have to pay for the whole room or per bed/person? i cant confirm until i know if my wee girl is coming along too (in car)

scorpio girl
17th December 2011, 08:27
sorry cant book in with u in the room. do u have to pay for the whole room or per bed/person? i cant confirm until i know if my wee girl is coming along too (in car)

No worries, was just trying to figure out if I should book a room or not, thought someone might have booked a room and needed some people to fill beds. Nobody really answered my question on the other thread though :laugh: So I'll probably book a room and hope to find some people to share it with before February!