PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Island Classic @ Phillip Island

nige085
14th December 2011, 23:04
Gooday!

Just wondering if there are any Kiwi's coming over for the Island Classic that are running in the P6 1000/750/600 invitational event?????

Peter Smith
16th December 2011, 20:35
Gooday!

Just wondering if there are any Kiwi's coming over for the Island Classic that are running in the P6 1000/750/600 invitational event?????

ME, ME, ME!!!!

Whats this 600 thing. I thought it was only 1000/750's??

nige085
17th December 2011, 20:28
Well Pete this is the first real chance that the P6 class has been given a start at an Historic race meeting since becoming a recognised historic class in its own right at the start of 2011. So an invitation was thrown open to encourage as many Period 6 bikes to enter as possible hence the inclusion of 600's.

If you remember at BSFOS this year we raced against Pre Modern's, the coming year P6 will have its own identity. No more racing with the moderns anymore. Did you know that Eastern Creek is extending its exsisting track to a 4.7km layout. They have spent $10m AUD getting it ready for early next year. We will be using the new as it is known now full GP track for BSFOS 2012. They intend trying to entice WSK, MotoGP and V8 Supercars back in the near future.

Good to hear your coming over for the Island Classic. Pitty there are not more Kiwis coming over for the event. Maybe you can pass the word around about the good times you had at Barry Sheene this year even with bike problems and get some more of your racing buddies here for next years event.

I do beleive that we are a chance at getting to NZ for Hampton Downs on Labour day wkd Oct 2012. It would be awesome to come over providing you guys would be kind enough not to go to fast for us slow Aussies.

Anyhow cheers to you and the family for Christmas and I hope the new year brings you all good health and happiness

See you at the PI

Caio for now
Yours in racing

Nige Taylor #85

k1w160
20th December 2011, 15:48
Gidday Nigel,

Lyle is bringing over his FZR 750/1000 hybrid (960cc) to P.I., plus there's at least one Ducati (888 I think) that I know of.
I think fiscal restraints have dampened some of the hard chargers enthusiasm.

I won't be at either PI or EC in 2012, but a full a full assault with someone riding my bike who can actually use all the power has been planned for 2013.

Graham

nige085
21st December 2011, 22:08
Pity that you aren't coming to Oz in 2012 Graham, us Aussies maybe visiting in Oct next year so catch up then. Great to meet up with you this year at BSFOS and all the best to you and the family for Christmas and New Year.

Peter Smith
23rd December 2011, 19:42
Pity that you aren't coming to Oz in 2012 Graham, us Aussies maybe visiting in Oct next year so catch up then. Great to meet up with you this year at BSFOS and all the best to you and the family for Christmas and New Year.

Hi Nige,
P6 over here is abit up and down at the moment. Some meetings we have 8 750+cc bikes, other meetings I've been the only one. EC sound like fun with the bigger track, I'll have to wait for next year though as PI is using up all my spare cash and then some.
It would be cool if you make it to Hampton, it is a fun track.