PDA

View Full Version : Kitset for the Triumph 1050!

Batcerb
15th December 2011, 07:20
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/enigma-1050/#more-26897

Great idea for those wanting something a little different ... not sure about the front fairing tho, looks pretty familiar

ckai
15th December 2011, 08:50
hahah I was thinking the same thing. Dash of MV in there? :) I'm kinda in two minds about the front. It looks cool in some colours but naff in others. It certainly is different though.

The more I look at it the more I like it.

whowhatwhere
15th December 2011, 09:45
That looks great. But then I ride a bumble bee with a baboons ass so anything looks good.

saul
15th December 2011, 12:27
I think it looks great:niceone:

MD
15th December 2011, 18:18
I know Triumph have limited resources and have lots of projects underway at any one time. But this is something they should have done themselves years ago with the Speed Triple. The bug eyed headlights were either love em or hate em with the public. Sure the love em bunch bought the bike but they must have missed out on a lot of sales from the hate em camp, just because of the front end look. How many buyers would have bought one, but didn't because of the headlights and/or too exposed front end with zero wind deflection.

A simple bolt on half fairing accessory kit, similar to what's in the OP, would have extended the bikes appeal to a much wider audience. The cost wouldn't be much either. Bit of plastic and alternative headlights maybe. Probably could have done it incorporating the existing bug lights.

I guess in a way the Tiger 1050 achieved this with it's front half fairing.

avgas
15th December 2011, 18:28
I want the AMGINE 0S01!

cold comfort
16th December 2011, 19:43
I'd have no problem with one of those in the Christmas stocking!:niceone: Must admit there is a bit of the "Claytons MV" about it (without the price tag)

actungbaby
18th December 2011, 13:51
am not sure thats good idea imagine some the diasterous builds some folks whould do , mine whould have square wheels
and paint work whould look crap .. sprayed on with spray can , :laugh:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/enigma-1050/#more-26897

Great idea for those wanting something a little different ... not sure about the front fairing tho, looks pretty familiar

98tls
19th December 2011, 21:42
Kit looks good though the motor its based around spoils the look they were after imho,could just as well be an FZ1 or similar.:shit:yea yea just telling it how i see it.:laugh:

ducatilover
19th December 2011, 23:04
That's hot, I want.