PDA

View Full Version : Who rode to work today?

placidfemme
20th July 2005, 07:30
Seeing as today is the 14th Annual Ride to Work day...

I rode in today... and the weather this morning was great... I did a stupid thing and tried to take off this morning after warming the bike up and got about 1m then the bike just stopped along with a bunch of funny noises coming from the back wheel area... thought "hmmm thats strange" got off my bike... had a look... and I'd forgotten to take my chain off :weird: :weird: But no damage to the bike :yes: I won't be doing that again...

Anyway back on topic...

Did you ride to work?

Str8 Jacket
20th July 2005, 07:55
Seeing as today is the 14th Annual Ride to Work day...

I rode in today... and the weather this morning was great... I did a stupid thing and tried to take off this morning after warming the bike up and got about 1m then the bike just stopped along with a bunch of funny noises coming from the back wheel area... thought "hmmm thats strange" got off my bike... had a look... and I'd forgotten to take my chain off :weird: :weird: But no damage to the bike :yes: I won't be doing that again...

Anyway back on topic...

Did you ride to work?

Damn chick, that's funny! Glad to hear your bikes ok, and that you got to work ok! I rode in this morning, roads were a little wet but the weather was good. Apparently there was a head on collision (cages) @ a major-ish intersection just after I had passed through, glad I left home when I did!!

placidfemme
20th July 2005, 08:11
glad to hear you missed the accident... scary when you hear something has happened that you just missed...

Before Sam and I started riding to work, we used to bus everyday, and one morning we both felt extra lazy (as apposed to just lazy) and decided to both skip work... At about lunchtime we had the news on and saw that the EXACT bus we catch everymorning had run off the road (not sure why) just 300m up the road from where we would have got onto the bus. The next day it was in the local paper (North Shore Times) and the bus drivers comment was "my 2 usual passangers weren't on the bus this morning... and I glad for that" [Edit] We were the first people to get on the bus in the mornings (the 6.05am bus)

That was freaky.

Good on you for riding to work :) I didn't see any bikes on my way in...

Flyingpony
20th July 2005, 08:22
Yes, bike started and away I was. Then turned around 100m up road because I forgot the power bill :oi-grr:

Did spend 15 minutes hunting for my riding gear - child prank :whistle:

Edit: Didn't tell my child about bike day and with a spoken ability of mostly baby babble sprinkled with some words, it was most likely just play fun :yes:
Hiding daddy's jacket in the cupboard for some 7:30am search and rescue :love:

awesker
20th July 2005, 08:24
Off to ride to work now! but I ride everyday ... oh well still fun :ride:

Now I gotta go to the bank and pay off my speeding ticket ..

Str8 Jacket
20th July 2005, 08:25
glad to hear you missed the accident... scary when you hear something has happened that you just missed...

Good on you for riding to work :) I didn't see any bikes on my way in...

Its good to hear that laziness pays of some times, aye! lol

I just saw the usual bikers, the 3 "L" platers puddling along and trying to master the art of parking! (myself included) Must be quite a sight, lol!

vifferman
20th July 2005, 08:41
D'Oh!! (That's :doh: )

Forgot all about it - too much bad shit happening this week.

But I rode anyway, even though I was supposed to take the car. :yes:

And it was pretty good, seeing as I haven't ridden for nearly two weeks!
I thought, "Damn! This bike sounds good!" Not much hooning though - minimal lane-splitting (about 30m), no speeding, and only one short wheelie.

Paul in NZ
20th July 2005, 08:47
Nah... Never gunna happen. 2 daughters to transport 50km into town and its a bit damp today...

Cheers

Slingshot
20th July 2005, 08:48
I did, as I do everyday (except for when I have to dodge cats and dogs).

I saw the usual bikes on the way in...big ups to the dude that rides the Lucky Strike two smoker...he has a great awareness of what's going on around him and always pulls over to let me pass :niceone:

sAsLEX
20th July 2005, 09:11
still at work from yesterday, but I am about to ride to uni I think that counts

Hitcher
20th July 2005, 09:28
Took the opportunity to bring the STeed into town for a slightly early 24,000km service and to get its new rubber fitted. Metzeler Z6s, as it turns out (happy, happy, joy, joy). Motorad sold the Avons they were holding for me a week ago to some truly desperate dude. So didn't that work out well? My sports touring tyre of choice delivered by fortuitous happenstance.

Home tonight via the Wainuiomata coast road!

Squiggles
20th July 2005, 09:36
i wud've rode but im nt working :ride: i rode home from last night tho :lol:

et al
20th July 2005, 10:04
I rode in to commemorate the day, and also to make use of the "Jim2 Bikepark" for the first time. Big ups to Jim2 for getting that done - is a real treat to finally have a proper bikepark in this part of town (Abel Smith St/top of Cuba St).

Waylander
20th July 2005, 10:49
Don't have a job yet but about to spend all day on it job hunting.

Smorg
20th July 2005, 10:51
Does anyone know who it is i ride in to work with every morning down lake road and into to wairau park he rides a white and red R1, any clues people?

Its good having someone to ride with rain hail or shine :ride: :ride:

Sparky Bills
20th July 2005, 11:02
I dont have a car, so ummm yeah, i rode.

Pwalo
20th July 2005, 11:12
I always bring the bike in to work. And it's a beautiful day down here in the capital (well in Petone anyway).

Beemer
20th July 2005, 11:13
Work from home equals no ride to work for me! But it is a lovely day so I think I will go for a ride this afternoon.

sels1
20th July 2005, 11:30
Took the opportunity to bring the STeed into town for a slightly early 24,000km service and to get its new rubber fitted. Metzeler Z6s, as it turns out (happy, happy, joy, joy). Motorad sold the Avons they were holding for me a week ago to some truly desperate dude. So didn't that work out well? My sports touring tyre of choice delivered by fortuitous happenstance.

I remember our last new tyre ride - have you worn yours out already? I still have a bit left on mine. Hmmm, wasnt that the night Ramius binned?

Oh and yes I rode to work today, like most days

Krayy
20th July 2005, 11:50
Yes...and it was freakin' cold!! My eyelids almost frosted over.

mikey
20th July 2005, 11:50

i dont think you can get home "via the Wainuiomata coast road" sorry chief, unless you bought off road tyres, and are either heading around to eastbourne or ocean beach, or lake ferry, but make sure you take matches if its lake ferry as you would need to light a fire to get the pub owner to come across an pick you up, not sure about the bike though. the fire trick does work. old law. been picked up myself. your bike might sink his dingy though

Eurygnomes
20th July 2005, 12:13
I rode part of the way. Gem's currently in the scooter shop being serviced (6000k - 5990 done by someone else! :() so I then took a bus AND a train.

Today, I am Miss Public Transportation.

(and no, that doesn't mean I'm offering piggy backs).

Does anyone know whether the person who parks in the BodyWorks bike park (L-plate, GN250 etc) is a KB'er or not?

riffer
20th July 2005, 12:17
Yup. Like every day, I rode. 35kms to work, 35 back.

Nearly became a sandwich between a Pajero and a bus, but that's another story...

Even on ride to work day, they don't see us...

I did notice that no-one else in the State Services Commission Building brought their bike. There's normally a KR150, a Blackbird and a VT 250 Spada to keep my RF company. Poor things all alone today. :no:

Where were you guys? It's only water falling from the sky...

Storm
20th July 2005, 12:26
I'm on leave today and I still rode into work just on principle after seing this thread (and to check my mail) :whistle: :whistle:

Str8 Jacket
20th July 2005, 12:27
It's only water falling from the sky...

AARRGGHH!! :angry: Damn rain! Today was supposed to be my first ride on the motorway, finally convinced my b/f to ride with me, but stoopid me didn't bring my wet weather gear! :crybaby:

Jabez
20th July 2005, 13:01
Yep, as usual I rode to work & even the Wife rode hers to day…:)

gamgee
20th July 2005, 13:10
jabez do you surf? and are you on surf.co?

crashe
20th July 2005, 13:18
Ok I rode my m/bike to the hospital this morning....
then afterwards to a mates for a cuppa milo or two... :whistle:
does that count.... :rofl:

justsomeguy
20th July 2005, 13:21
I went for a ride.... work from home but thought what the hell - so took a bit of a break......

Ixion
20th July 2005, 13:23
Yep. Of course. Didn't see a single other bike in the 20 minute ride though. Shame.

Smorg
20th July 2005, 13:23
Ok I rode my m/bike to the hospital this morning....
then afterwards to a mates for a cuppa milo or two... :whistle:
does that count.... :rofl:

Nope maybe if you had 3 milo's

vifferman
20th July 2005, 13:28
Yes...and it was freakin' cold!! My eyelids almost frosted over.
Wochoo talkin' about, Mister? It weren't cold this morning! I didn't even need a sweatshirt under my jacket, or the heated grips turned on.

rc_36_rider
20th July 2005, 13:33
what are we going to do today bike the same thing we do every day rider try to make the gauntlet to work :)

James Deuce
20th July 2005, 13:42
Used the Jim2 Memorial Motorcycle Park for the first time today.

It would have been difficult to make it more convenient. :D

Felt very nice to ride, that's for sure.

Slingshot
20th July 2005, 14:11
Used the Jim2 Memorial Motorcycle Park for the first time today.

It would have been difficult to make it more convenient. :D

Felt very nice to ride, that's for sure.

You need to harden up and start riding to work more often...I use to always see your bike but now never do!!!

Oakie
20th July 2005, 16:24
Rode in as usual and only saw two other bikes. Both scooters.

Drew
20th July 2005, 16:47
rode in, didn't see a single bike on the way in or out, got disheartend, and blobed out in front of the puter.
Couldn't find the wets this mourning, and the good lord saw fit to let the sun out for both trips.
I gotta ask, does anyone else ride on a Dunlop sportmax? With mine, if it is less than fourty degrees, or is slightly wet, I can light it up of the fuckin throtle in third gear! They are shit, avoid them like the plague.

madboy
20th July 2005, 17:42
I bought the bike, but then 90% of the time I do anyway! Drivers were unusually nice today, or was that because it was school holidays and there were bugger all cars to under/overtake? And then there was the shiney new-looking R6 that held me up briefly... Jim2 you slacker - harden up and ride irresponsibly, don't let a fear of dying make you ride sensibly!!

Fiz - I had a Dunlop something on the bike when I bought it, and it used to light up pretty well, really scary on the mway. The Metzler M1s don't seem to do that. Or perhaps it's because they have tread left on them? Hmm...

Beemer
20th July 2005, 17:42
I went for a ride this afternoon, it was a gorgeous day to be on a bike and even though it was just a short ride (less than 50kms), it was fun. Only saw one other bike (mostly on back country roads though to be fair) and cruiser guy was obviously too cool to wave to me...

If the forecast is fine tomorrow, I may even do it again!

Big Dave
20th July 2005, 18:01
Rode 'for' work a lot of the afternoon, few pickups, few drop offs, sorted some paperwork. yada yada - I reckon there was more tha usual number of bikes on the road.

stify
20th July 2005, 18:05
did my ride instead of going to work today,and found fire fiight and co on 22
surprise surprise, thou he has some news bout his beloved 22

skidMark
20th July 2005, 18:22
i rode to work today :devil2: ....same as i do everyday lol :ride:

Firefight
20th July 2005, 18:26
rode home from work this am, bit foggy at 7.30 , but knew a good day was coming.

F/F :whistle:

Hitcher
20th July 2005, 18:35
And rode home again too. Picked up the newly-Metzelered STeed from Motorad and followed, shortly after, with the collection of Jim2 from his eponymous bike park on Abel Smith Street.

But all the way to the Wainui coast we did not get. The weather in that fairest of valleys was poo-like, so we called it quits at the southern-most roundabout and returned to our respective abodes.

Thanks for your company, Jim!

I will pen a more fullsome account of the new rubber once it has a few more kilometres upon it.

DingDong
20th July 2005, 18:37
Rode to work, sunny all day in Tauranga :ride: slow ride home... I even sat behind the cages and got passed by a couple'a'guys cuttin traffic, I was tempted to go with them but was quite happy just keep rolling along... they may not be so lucky next time :devil2:

pyrocam
20th July 2005, 19:19
rode to work as per everyday but I was gutted to see not ONE other bike.

so sad

ajturbo
20th July 2005, 19:42
as in the other threed..

here is my proof of taking my bike to work!!!

skidMark
20th July 2005, 19:47
as in the other threed..

here is my proof of taking my bike to work!!!

i would like to see a singed and dated piece of paper from the duty manager for proof :rofl:

ajturbo
20th July 2005, 19:57
i would like to see a singed and dated piece of paper from the duty manager for proof :rofl:

:motu: ..........:motu:

raster
20th July 2005, 20:39
I was hoping to see more bikes on the road today but only saw 2 all day.

I wished I could ride, 2 weeks to go. :clap:

Riff Raff
20th July 2005, 20:43
Why would you want it singed? Surely setting fire to it would destroy the evidence??

raster
20th July 2005, 20:51
Why would you want it singed? Surely setting fire to it would destroy the evidence??

Must be all the smoke and fumes from his new baby. :rofl:

JohnBoy
20th July 2005, 20:56
no such luck for me :mad: . as with every day at work i had to take the ute.
will celebrate in the weekend tho, does that count?

myvice
20th July 2005, 22:00
Had to, too far to walk.

N4CR
20th July 2005, 22:08
Rode to work... Currently contracting out in Living Earth on Lunn Ave... someone with an R6 works down the same driveway :love:

Saw a incredible amount of bikes today... more than 6 or 7 I think! Good turnout guys!

louisb
20th July 2005, 22:37
Yup. Like every day, I rode. 35kms to work, 35 back.

Nearly became a sandwich between a Pajero and a bus, but that's another story...

Even on ride to work day, they don't see us...

I did notice that no-one else in the State Services Commission Building brought their bike. There's normally a KR150, a Blackbird and a VT 250 Spada to keep my RF company. Poor things all alone today. :no:

Where were you guys? It's only water falling from the sky...

Hey Riffer,

I'm the VT 250 Spada dude... I rode in today and got there after you and left early. Dont see that blackbird much in the winter.

zadok
20th July 2005, 22:42
Didn't work today, but would of if I did. Went for a blat in the hills later in the day. Very enjoyable.

anmolt
20th July 2005, 22:51
saw the weather was gud in the morn.... so rode to work ....read "uni".its a full time job you know........didnt realise it was the 20th today until i read the thread....saw quite a few bikes after pickin up my "alarmed" bike from kerry at arnd 5ish......

Ms Piggy
20th July 2005, 23:01
...I normally do, my bike was in getting a WOF & oil change. I picked her up tonight though :)

What?
21st July 2005, 06:33
I've been riding in aeroplanes for the last 3 days, but today I will take the bike (no choice - ute is in the body shop - but it is a good choice, eh?)

Wonko
21st July 2005, 11:00
I didn't ride to work, night before I found brake fluid running down the brake lever, and the brakes feeling very spongy. Will get it fixed this weekend, and ride in next week.

vifferman
21st July 2005, 11:08
No, I didn't ride today. Looks like yesterday was it for me. Unless I can get a kitchen/DIY pass to go riding this weekend...