PDA

View Full Version : Carbon hugger problem solved

98tls
16th December 2011, 19:16
Been looking the world over for a Carbon hugger to replace the Geelong Carbon craft one i have on my old S as after fitting the Gixxer forks and Carbon guard to suit the old hugger sticks out worse than a 3rd ball on a Greyhound.Rang the bloke from Just Fairings here in NZ who many years ago i bought a glass one off,loved the shape of it but always wished it was in Carbon to suit all the other Carbon bits i added to the bike over the years,long story short he told me he had given away making Carbon stuff years back as to time consuming etc etc but managed to (for the right $ obviously) convince him to make a replica of the old glass one in Carbon.Perfect.:niceone:He will make it over the holiday break and send it down,will post up pics of it in Carbon when it arrives.Nice to buy something homegrown.:niceone:

ducatilover
18th December 2011, 18:26
You can never have enough carbon!

98tls
18th January 2012, 18:54
Talking to the bloke tonight and its almost done,poor bugger had a wee whoopsie :angry2:with it which delayed things a tad.Will have it next week.Seems a great bloke and was well pissed off with said "whoopsie".Had a couple of fellas on the TL site ask me to ask him if he would make some more his reply was "never this has served as a reminder why i dont make Carbon stuff anymore,i can make a set of race bike panels in less time than this hugger".:oi-grr:

98tls
27th January 2012, 13:06
Turned up today and well chuffed.Covered the inside with scuff-stuff and fitted it up,bloke rang me to get measurements for holes and thankfully they were spot on and fits like a glove,must add a big thanks Glen at "just Fairings" for making it.I rang him to confirm it got here safe and sound and he said "never again',:laugh:

willytheekid
27th January 2012, 14:15
....:drool:

(mental note...never show Guzzi to this perfectionist till Ive mastered CPR):laugh:

So?...can I have ya old Hugger? :confused:(I promise to cut it up with a hacksaw blade and use old zipties & glue to attach it to PhatGirl...the "Guzzi" way!:bleh::laugh:)

98tls
27th January 2012, 14:35
....:drool:

(mental note...never show Guzzi to this perfectionist till Ive mastered CPR):laugh:

So?...can I have ya old Hugger? :confused:(I promise to cut it up with a hacksaw blade and use old zipties & glue to attach it to PhatGirl...the "Guzzi" way!:bleh::laugh:)

Well you could have mate but i sent it up to a bloke in Blenheim for his TL,pretty much gave it away to be honest but hes not to flush with $ at the mo so it made his day.

willytheekid
27th January 2012, 14:40
Well you could have mate but i sent it up to a bloke in Blenheim for his TL,pretty much gave it away to be honest but hes not to flush with $ at the mo so it made his day.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 98tls again"

...your a good bugger aint ya :niceone:

have a great weekend mate :msn-wink:

98tls
27th January 2012, 14:48
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 98tls again"

...your a good bugger aint ya :niceone:

have a great weekend mate :msn-wink:

Not so much a good bugger just someone who knows what its like to want bike bling and not have the money to buy it:shit:nothing worse.Yea ave a good weekend yourself,Back to work Sunday for me but have a few mates coming round this evening for BBQ/bourbon and bullshit.:laugh:

mossy1200
27th January 2012, 20:42
Wasnt 100% convinced till i saw pic3.Thats some good looking bling..

ducatilover
28th January 2012, 16:54
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/fap fap fap/grand/its_time_to_fap.jpg