PDA

View Full Version : MC17 front brakes

cam|mac
22nd December 2011, 23:13
Hi all,

My buddy has just brought a sweet MC17. Engine runs well, revs all the way to 18k nicely & a has a decent service history.

2 problems with it though. One is the rear brake light housing doesnt pass a warrnt due to a crack. Quite a bastard to find a decent replacement.

The second (more important) point is the front right caliper is shagged. After closer inspection, the bracket holding the caliper to the fork is cracked, as is the mounting on the caliper itself. Pads have uneven wearing. Disk seems fine, though haven't checked for thickness on it. Obviously not ideal, especially on a learner bike.

Looking at it, seems we'll need a new bracket & RHS caliper. As with the brake light housing, not the easiest things to get a hold of.

Is anybody parting out one of these bikes at the mo? Are the front brakes on the MC19/22 (dual disk RR verions) the same as the 17? Might make the searching a little easier... Cant find any conclusive info on the net.

Wanting to get a new rider on the road to experience what we all know & love :yes: Any parts or leads to the right place is definately appreciated.

SMOKEU
23rd December 2011, 17:37
Are the front brakes on the MC19/22 (dual disk RR verions) the same as the 17? Might make the searching a little easier...

I'm pretty sure they're not the same from memory, but I could be wrong. All the MC19 models are factory single disk, and they're all single R.

cam|mac
24th December 2011, 09:58
Cool, thanks Smokeu.

Looks like he's found some parts for it, will fit them in the new year & see how it goes after that.

koba
24th December 2011, 10:19
Try Buckets 'n' Bits.
Not sure about their X-mas hours.

EDIT: Didn't read above post properly! Have fun.