PDA

View Full Version : Inline fuel tap for my 'adventure' trike

Willdat?
23rd December 2011, 12:03
I know this technically isn't an adventure bike, or a bike at all, but riding it is an adventurous experience!

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1354/p1020887lb.jpg

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/999/p1020891d.jpg

~$100 invested so far so trying to keep it cheap,

Does anyone know the best place to get a cheap inline fuel tap as it has a leaking accelerator pump which will drain the tank in a couple of nights...

Anyone brave/stupid enough to test drive it over the holidays would be more than welcome!

Taz
23rd December 2011, 12:05
Looks more like $150 to me :lol:

Vice grips on the fuel hose will do the trick.

DMNTD
23rd December 2011, 12:08
Anyone brave/stupid enough to test drive it over the holidays would be more than welcome!

Fark yes on both accounts!

Willdat?
23rd December 2011, 12:16
Looks more like $150 to me :lol:

Vice grips on the fuel hose will do the trick.

Cheap...but I'm picky and like to look like I didn't do the crappest job possible! If nothing is available this might be the winner!

Fark yes on both accounts!

PM when you're in town :lol:

23rd December 2011, 12:33
Try richmond equipment, thats where i got mine from.

i reccon you should remove the seat ahe extend the steering wheel up for a standup driving position:2thumbsup

Willdat?
23rd December 2011, 12:43
Try richmond equipment, thats where i got mine from.

i reccon you should remove the seat ahe extend the steering wheel up for a standup driving position:2thumbsup

Would definitely add to the comedy value...as it is I've managed 15 seconds on two wheels. seat can be folded out of the way...maybe it needs hand controls for more cunning stunt options...

Padmei
23rd December 2011, 13:53
Oh yeah - we gotta get that bad boy out for a spin:woohoo:

dino3310
23rd December 2011, 14:23
never thought i'd see a KLR with 3 wheels, what will they think of next:lol:

lucky you dont live close to me Wil as my kids are eyeing it up... looks like fun

Willdat?
23rd December 2011, 16:25
Try richmond equipment, thats where i got mine from.Done, $21...I guess that's not a lot of petrol...I've made up for it with the light switch 'kill switch'...

Oh yeah - we gotta get that bad boy out for a spin:woohoo:Belated xmas do...? Unfortunately not as kid friendly as the original concept, but as long as there's a big kid at the wheel and Nordie on camera duties what's the worst that could happen?!

never thought i'd see a KLR with 3 wheels, what will they think of next:lol:

lucky you dont live close to me Wil as my kids are eyeing it up... looks like funIn all seriousness anyone coming past is welcome to steal it/trailer and take it somewhere for a play :hug:

GPS MAN
23rd December 2011, 18:31
On second thought..I'll let you keep it:lol:

Underground
24th December 2011, 09:33
Nice Will, thats somthing special you got there :2thumbsup
I can picture you now with a sack of toys on your back and a red hat on, roaring round the 'hood.
What's it like on the hills? perhaps you'd better bring it out here.

Willdat?
24th December 2011, 16:34
Ha yeah that's an image...hills are fine, capable of going way faster than is sensible...only rear wheel brakes downhill could get a bit exciting. Probably not going set any track records on your course!

Nice Will, thats somthing special you got there :2thumbsup
I can picture you now with a sack of toys on your back and a red hat on, roaring round the 'hood.
What's it like on the hills? perhaps you'd better bring it out here.