PDA

View Full Version : Scottoiler install?

Harry the Barstard
29th December 2011, 10:55
Due to the weather being arse, I am about to go and purchase a Scott oiler for my bike. Seems like the perfect day to be tinkering in the guarage.

Has anyone done this to a CB1300? Any tips or tricks?

I have alot of room under the seat and was thinking of placing the oil reservoir there and tracing the tubing through the bottom down to the chain. Any thoughts or possable catastrophic failures forseen with my plan?

I am going to be winging it so if anyone has some good lessons lerned, they would be greaty appreciated.

IdunBrokdItAgin
29th December 2011, 11:39
Due to the weather being arse, I am about to go and purchase a Scott oiler for my bike. Seems like the perfect day to be tinkering in the guarage.

Has anyone done this to a CB1300? Any tips or tricks?

I have alot of room under the seat and was thinking of placing the oil reservoir there and tracing the tubing through the bottom down to the chain. Any thoughts or possable catastrophic failures forseen with my plan?

I am going to be winging it so if anyone has some good lessons lerned, they would be greaty appreciated.

I put the V system on my Z1000SX the other month. Peice of cake once you figure it out - regardless of the bike. Only tricky bit with my bike was getting to the vacuum point without taking off the petrol tank (can be done on some bikes).

If you go onto the scottoiler website they have a basic guide on how to install (a printed version comes with the kit) and you can also download a bike specific PDF which recommends how to mount the resevoir and feeder tube (there are different feeder tube holder types) for that make/ model.
In addition I'd also recommend searching the internet forums, for your bike model, to see if there any tips on how to easily get to the vacuum point.

The above will all make a lot more sense after you read the installation guide.

Harry the Barstard
29th December 2011, 12:51
I put the V system on my Z1000SX the other month. Peice of cake once you figure it out - regardless of the bike. Only tricky bit with my bike was getting to the vacuum point without taking off the petrol tank (can be done on some bikes).

If you go onto the scottoiler website they have a basic guide on how to install (a printed version comes with the kit) and you can also download a bike specific PDF which recommends how to mount the resevoir and feeder tube (there are different feeder tube holder types) for that make/ model.
In addition I'd also recommend searching the internet forums, for your bike model, to see if there any tips on how to easily get to the vacuum point.

The above will all make a lot more sense after you read the installation guide.

Cheers man, Some realy good info.

I went on the Scottoiler website and as you said there were bike specific install insructions.

You made my day go alot smoother, Thanks again

Blackbird
29th December 2011, 15:09
Just to give you some other options with great photos:

http://www.flyingferrets.eclipse.co.uk/info/bikes/final%20drive/scotoiler/ScottOiler31.htm

http://www.flyingferrets.eclipse.co.uk/info/bikes/final%20drive/scottoiler%20reservoir/ScottRes12.htm

The Blackbird isn't unlike the CB1300 in some respects.

Harry the Barstard
29th December 2011, 16:54
Just to give you some other options with great photos:

http://www.flyingferrets.eclipse.co.uk/info/bikes/final%20drive/scotoiler/ScottOiler31.htm

http://www.flyingferrets.eclipse.co.uk/info/bikes/final%20drive/scottoiler%20reservoir/ScottRes12.htm

The Blackbird isn't unlike the CB1300 in some respects.

Hey cheers,

They are some great detailed picks for an install.

I just finnished, after looking at those pics it looks like I have done everything fine. Only area of concern is that I ran the tubing for the feeder up under my chainguard. With the CB1300 the chainguar has a fair bit of clearance so it should be ok. But where it drops down from the chainguard to my rear sprocket, the fat tubing is very close to my chain....maybe too close. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The complete system is totaly hidden and it took me hours to make it look so discrete. Im woundering now if i should have just run the tubing under my swingarm like in the pics you sent a link for.

Maybe ill sleep on it.