PDA

View Full Version : Tell me its not that

Timber020
19th December 2003, 21:32
Okay finally got my bike on the road for a test ride after giving it the works after a rather good crash a while back. It now has an RF900 front end on it which is about 30mm shorter than the standard.
Problem is this, it turns fine going left, but going right its kinda hesitant, It seems to loose "push" as if the front brakes are coming on, yet I cant see how thats possible although I have had some problems with the brakes.
The other ugly alternative is that the frame is bent.
Aside from that its going wonderfully (aside from having to do the hotwire over the solanoid thing to get it started)
Any ideas?

wkid_one
20th December 2003, 11:44
Fork legs straight?

Timber020
23rd December 2003, 09:55
Yeah I have thought of that to Wkid, so far they seem ok.
Ive played with the rear alignment but that wasnt it. So far Im going for a new front tire, loosen up the front discs a little, clean out the brakes, and loosen the head bearings. See how it is then.

wkid_one
23rd December 2003, 11:00
Just undo the triple clamps to make sure - the legs should ping back....

You thought it could be something as silly as the tyre(s)? Or even worse - your head? I say that coz felt shit loads worse about right hand corners than left.....(mind you, you would have noticed this before the change).

My thoughts:
Head BEarings - may be shagged
Handle Bars - they may not be in the same positions - making turning seem different. Make sure the clip ons are in the same positions
Fork Legs - twisted in triple clamps

Try riding at say 70kph and let go of the handle bars - if the bike tracks straight - you can assume the front is running true to a degree of so. If you have to apply body english or grab the bars - you may be out of alignment (OBVIOUSLY THO - DO ON A ROAD WITH NO CAMBER)

Just some thoughts

duckman
23rd December 2003, 11:19
This is probably a stupid answer but, with the increased rake are you sure that the brake cable is not being pulled slightly and therefore casuing the effect you described ??

Apologies to the more technically onto it. :eek: