PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Scooter

yvette
21st July 2005, 11:06
Hey there,
My scooter was stolen on Saturday 16th July between 8am-11am outside my house on Adelaide Rd Newtown, Wellington. Its a Blue PGO PMX50, it has a black storage box on back, scratches down left side and Plate is 67WEZ. If anyone sees it around or saw anything please let me know. I just brought it 3 weeks ago! And wasn't insured! I'm putting up flyers and a advert in newspaper offering a reward for its return. Any ideas what else I can do?

Also, if I don't get it back I'll want to buy another one but I want to find an insurance company that insures mopeds first, I had rung Five and all declined me, One said "Not in Wellington, because of the wind!" Who insures Mopeds?

Flyingpony
21st July 2005, 12:46
Sorry about the bike.

Have you tried AMI?
They insured my moped back in the 90's.

bungbung
21st July 2005, 14:03
I have a pmx50 fully insured through State.

Velox
22nd July 2005, 18:32
Maybe they'd insure it for just 3rd part and theft, and maybe it wouldn't be worth worrying about full? I dunno. But that way the wind wouldn't be an issue.

I'll keep an eye out for it too.

scootnz
4th August 2005, 12:06
Yvette, I saw your ad in the local paper, and forwarded the details to our local scooter yahoo group (scootwell). I would also recommend State Insurance, they should do either full insurance or just 3rd party (not fire or theft though). I have had a vespa insured with them and also made a no fault claim with no problems. Most insurance companies just aren't interested in two-wheelers anyway.

Jess

yvette
26th August 2005, 20:19
Thanks heaps for that Jess. Still haven't heard anything unfortunetly. Now starting to look for another. Hopefully find another one that will turn this frown upsidedown. :)

yvette
26th August 2005, 20:21
I did try state but I didn't own enough to get home and contents with them, and they'd only do insure it if I had home and contents too. Spoke to WEllington Motorcycles guy yesterday though, and he said they do insurance so there is hope for me!