PDA

View Full Version : Newbie's first motorbike gravel ride

Brian B
31st December 2011, 07:52
I've just written up with photos an account of my first gravel road ride on a Motor Bike out the back of Raetahi. Those interested can view it here http://travel.topicwise.com/doc/Ruaiti2011 It's just a quiet scenic ride so may be not that exciting for most members, but I really enjoyed it.

Cheers

Padmei
31st December 2011, 07:59
nice write up. You may find now that the moto may take precedence over the pushy when contemplating some of the long gravel rides.

Welcome to kb

Waihou Thumper
31st December 2011, 08:00
Nice stuff, welcome to the world of Adventure. You do it in style, park up, set up camp and off to explore.....good one :)

nothingflash
31st December 2011, 08:02
yeah mate - nice one...

Brian B
31st December 2011, 08:09
Thanks for the comments and welcome guys. I have a couple more rides I've done since then. One a 3 nighter that I'm in the process of posting onto the same site. Do you think members would be interested? If so I'll post a link as I've done here, when I get them finished.

Cheers

Waihou Thumper
31st December 2011, 08:16
If there are photos of you, your bike, the mud, and especially of you, your bike in some nice tricky positions, horizontal, upside down and maybe even submerged, then yes! :clap:
This is a thread for like minded people that enjoy Adventure riding and the places we ride, so bring it on....
You might also consider the touring thread as well, I am sure there may be folks that would enjoy your link to the blog.
Kiwibiker also has a blog section so you could even link it to that or copy it to that as well....

Go for it and keep an eye out for rides that some do as groups, a way to get together and enjoy :niceone:
The fact you have somewhere for us to park up and have a brew is even better +1 there, so you'd better get a bigger tea pot...:)

Eddieb
31st December 2011, 08:56
Nice write up! welcome to the fold.

pete376403
31st December 2011, 12:39
Nice write up and photos. I have to agree with the persons comments about the Ratehi Ripper being taken over by the MX types. I attempted that ride and found it too difficult - they have to make it a bit of a challenge for proper trail and MX bikes so the KLR and me were both totally out of our league. I bailed out part way through and I'm pretty sure I ended up on the same hill road as you. Very pretty country.

Shewolf
1st January 2012, 08:31
welcome! nice write up and pics, keep em coming

:corn:

ducatijim
1st January 2012, 11:56
Geeze Brian, wot a dag to think we live less than a Km apart and only meet up on here!!

That was the weekend I was on the 'Naki ride- as I cast my vote in the 'republic'....gave the ladys something to work on I might tell you!!

So, when we are going to get together and do a duo ride someplace?

Brian B
1st January 2012, 20:18
Geeze Brian, wot a dag to think we live less than a Km apart and only meet up on here!!

That was the weekend I was on the 'Naki ride- as I cast my vote in the 'republic'....gave the ladys something to work on I might tell you!!

So, when we are going to get together and do a duo ride someplace?

Any time after the East cape ride the 21st 22nd Jan, we have the Sth Is Family up from now till then, and before the 13th Feb as we are away till the 7th March. Retirement is soooooo very busy.

I must pop up and look at your bike some time and do some drooling.

Cheers

ducatijim
2nd January 2012, 09:16
Any time after the East cape ride the 21st 22nd Jan, we have the Sth Is Family up from now till then, and before the 13th Feb as we are away till the 7th March. Retirement is soooooo very busy.

I must pop up and look at your bike some time and do some drooling.

Cheers

Sheeze, Im away down south 4 2 weeks from Jan 28 and when I get back we are going to our holiday home in Oz to go camping up in the Snoweys for a couple o weeks.....yes, retirement does get in the way of doin stuff!!!!!:weep: