PDA

View Full Version : Has KB changed? What happened? or am I on crack?

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 12:07
So i went away on a OE for 12 months, got back, have finally paid off the two cars for me and the wife and now got a bike again. Stupid move to sell my old bike I know, lesson learned.

I havent been on this site for two years now as it just made me depressed when I didnt own my own bike.

But is it just me or has KB changed over past two years? There seems to be so much focus on politics and slagging others off. Maybe i have just read the wrong posts or bumped into the wrong people but FARK!! Now im NOT having a go at anyone or anyones post in particular, this is purely my own observation but there seems to be a way bigger contingent of haters these days. What happened to the people who love to ride, shoot the shit with other bikers and finnish it all off with a beer having the majority?

To be fair I have already recieved some great help/advice from people on this site since I have been back, so i know they are still out there.

Just a question.....so be gentle

jrandom
3rd January 2012, 12:19
But is it just me or has KB changed over past two years?

I went away and it all turned to custard. I'm trying to pull it back together, now, but it won't happen overnight.

MSTRS
3rd January 2012, 12:27
It started around the time that Nick the Prick decided the country had to be saved from us and that we would fund it.
Blame him...

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 12:28
I went away and it all turned to custard. I'm trying to pull it back together, now, but it won't happen overnight.

Good work man...... We can rebuild it, make it better, stronger. might not need to make it faster though.

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 12:30
Thats a fair point too, the whole increase in reg thing happened while I was away. Is that all though?

MSTRS
3rd January 2012, 12:37
Prolly just the straw that broke the camel's back...
The whole levy debacle angered a LOT of motorcyclists, even those that formally took little notice of things political as they pertain to riding.
The fact that this particular little gem gouged more of our precious, AND was justified using lies, means a whole lot more of us started worrying about what the future might hold.

yungatart
3rd January 2012, 12:37
KB is a site that is always evolving...new people join, others, for whatever reason, stop posting.
That changes the dynamics of the place, it's not better or worse, just a bit different.

There are still some really good people on here, and believe it or not, plenty who like to go for a ride and shoot the shit...

DEATH_INC.
3rd January 2012, 13:05
Na, it's changed.
We used to be able to post about all the fun we had, now the fun police jump on ya if you even try to mention a whe..e..l....i.... :chase:

DMNTD
3rd January 2012, 13:07
Na, it's changed.
We used to be able to post about all the fun we had, now the fun police jump on ya if you even try to mention a whe..e..l....i.... :chase:

http://0.tqn.com/d/shoes/1/0/8/W/white_knee_high_boots.jpg

Maha
3rd January 2012, 14:20
Its not hard to create you own fun without having to rely on others to do it fo you.
In saying that, the best fun to be had...steady yourself.................'is not on here'.
This site is just a junction and should be used/treated as such.

DEATH_INC.
3rd January 2012, 14:53
In saying that, the best fun to be had...steady yourself.................'is not on here'.

Blasphemy!

Woodman
3rd January 2012, 15:35
What happened to the people who love to ride, shoot the shit with other bikers and finnish it all off with a beer having the majority?

Oh my god, what the fuck is wrong with you? Having a beer after a ride is just soo irresposible. You should be reported and blacklisted from all motorcycle related activity. You should front up to someone who is responsible and hand in your hiviz vest immediately. You need to have something dropped on your head from the height of the high horses that some on here ride.

Dunno wots wrong with KB really.

Madness
3rd January 2012, 15:43
Bring Back Winja!!!

baptist
3rd January 2012, 16:29
So i went away on a OE for 12 months, got back, have finally paid off the two cars for me and the wife and now got a bike again. Stupid move to sell my old bike I know, lesson learned.

I havent been on this site for two years now ...

Crack head :bleh::bleh::bleh: Not sure what his site was like a couple of years ago but I have met some good people through it ... got into the FBMC... it's all about fun... and pies :drool::drool::drool:

It started around the time that Nick the Prick decided the country had to be saved from us and that we would fund it.
Blame him...

Prick Smiff seems to be the cause of a lot of anger... dunno why myself I like the guy and his shops are good... no wait that's someone else... as you were...

Devil
3rd January 2012, 16:46
KB is a site that is always evolving...new people join, others, for whatever reason, stop posting.
That changes the dynamics of the place, it's not better or worse, just a bit different.

No no, it's worse.

Still hope however. Most of the KB veterans are typically quiet these days.

Fatt Max
3rd January 2012, 16:53
They let too many fatties in mate, always ruins it for everyone eh...

Hitcher
3rd January 2012, 17:56
KB hasn't changed. People still start threads in the wrong forums, requiring long-suffering Mods to move them. In the spirit of the New Year, no infraction has been issued.

Hitcher
3rd January 2012, 17:58
Most of the KB veterans are typically quiet these days.

Largely because much of what's posted has been posted at least once before. It's bad enough being a Grumpy Old Fart(TM) without being seen as a Woefully Repetitive Grumpy Old Fart.

Big Dave
3rd January 2012, 17:59
Largely because much of what's posted has been posted at least once before. It's bad enough being a Grumpy Old Fart(TM) without being seen as a Woefully Repetitive Grumpy Old Fart.

You can say that again.

Edbear
3rd January 2012, 18:09
Quite a few of the oldies still surf here, but may not post as much. Some have died, some have moved on, some hang around because they have too much time on their hands...

As Hitcher said, those of us who have been here for years have heard, said, read, argued it all before many times, but as new and younger members join they repeat everything anew.

Also, as has been noticed, being a cross-section of society, some are reactionary and quick to criticise, whereas us older ones may be more laid back and blase' about stuff.

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 18:41
Yeah thats a fair call,

Maybe your right and the older school have seen the arguments before and dont post. But the new school are not the only tough guys behind their keyboards that get thier knickers in a wad over politics. I think its bigger than that.
Maybe its just a case of too much chew chew and not enough brim birmm.

I think what everyone needs is some blue skies and dry roads.

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 18:42
KB hasn't changed. People still start threads in the wrong forums, requiring long-suffering Mods to move them. In the spirit of the New Year, no infraction has been issued.

Oh yeah.... and my bad.

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 18:46
They let too many fatties in mate, always ruins it for everyone eh...

As a generlisation, I tend to find most fat people quite jolly.:killingme

Swoop
3rd January 2012, 18:55
There are rumours that the R_QRF have been seen practicing on the ranges. Hunting season might be upon us.

white_boots.jpg
Are they for sale?

short-circuit
3rd January 2012, 19:00
Back in the day KB was (we were).....blah blah blah..... Fucken old cockmunchers

vifferman
3rd January 2012, 19:40
I newst to post on KB, but then I crashed my bike, died, the bike caught on fire sliding down the road and exploded, and I died all over again. :doh:
Fuck, I hate it when that happens....:(

merv
3rd January 2012, 19:57
I'm still here, but been too busy doing a lot of things to ride as much these days so haven't had decent ride reports to post or stuff like that so have stayed a bit quiet except when there is something funny to comment on. I still check in most days to see what's up.

My average is 1.92 posts per day so not a big poster coz I don't say things every day.

The general recession of the GFC and the Christchurch I doubt have been helping matters either as priorities change in such circumstances.

sinfull
3rd January 2012, 21:28
Wot ?.....

Gremlin
3rd January 2012, 21:40
Blardy newbies... pretty sure we've had threads on this before *mutter grumble*

Seriously tho... been on here for almost 7 years. It's constantly evolving and changing as the site demographic changes, plus their associated personalities. I remember being shocked several years ago to be considered part of the "old crew". However, every year, new "classes" come through, learning the ropes, learning about bikes and how to ride etc.

So while it does evolve, it actually doesn't change thaaaat much.

SMOKEU
3rd January 2012, 22:19
noobs.....

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 23:00
Pffft, noob

Asking a question don't make u a noob. Its an observation and was wondering if something has happened or changed during my absence. I get that new faces come in and that this changes the dynamic, some of it for the better.

Thanks for your invaluable input though champ.

Harry the Barstard
3rd January 2012, 23:09
Anyway,

if u love to ride, shoot the shit with other bikers and finnish it all off with a beer, I'm not talking about you.

I'm talking about........."the others"

Conquiztador
3rd January 2012, 23:26
Rules for bikers are changing in society. We are being squeezed from different angles. Some of the bikers do not like that and this is clearly a good place to air the concerns/opinions. The Bikeoi was orchestrated through here and the ones supporting the ACC changes were also on here stirring and monitoring what we were up to. That has left a legacy.

gijoe1313
4th January 2012, 00:22
Where all dem' white wimmen at? ....

Kittyhawk
4th January 2012, 00:25
KB isn't what it is anymore.....Im here but not really.......

Bring back Winja! :bleh:

Maha
4th January 2012, 06:49
KB isn't what it is anymore.....Im here but not really.......

Bring back Winja! :bleh:

Yes it is what it is...you mean it isn't what it was.

..and what was and what is aint the same when talking in the context of was and is or...then and now.
Now then, what was as it used to be is now just the same as it is or was when then was then.

Virago
4th January 2012, 07:00
If you can remember the good old days, you weren't actually there...

MSTRS
4th January 2012, 07:42
Also, as has been noticed, being a cross-section of society, some are reactionary and quick to criticise, whereas us older ones may be more laid back and blase' about stuff.

'ere! That's enough of that sort of slander. Bloody young'uns!! Thinking they've got all the answers. Huh! Still wet behind the ears, know-nothings!
Why - I'll have you know....well, I would if I could remember what it is I know that you don't. Mutter mutter...

Edbear
4th January 2012, 07:54
'ere! That's enough of that sort of slander. Bloody young'uns!! Thinking they've got all the answers. Huh! Still wet behind the ears, know-nothings!
Why - I'll have you know....well, I would if I could remember what it is I know that you don't. Mutter mutter...

Why do you think I used "stuff"? I know everything of course just can't remember which file I put it in...

Str8 Jacket
4th January 2012, 08:16
None of this would've happened if the bloody women had just stayed in the kitchen......

yungatart
4th January 2012, 08:22
None of this would've happened if the bloody women had just stayed in the kitchen......

Exactly! So, you'll be cooking my bacon and eggs in the weekend?
Thanks love.

MSTRS
4th January 2012, 08:27
Yea - hard for them to get a broken arse in there. Oh shit - here she comes...

yungatart
4th January 2012, 08:47
Yea - hard for them to get a broken arse in there. Oh shit - here she comes...

Did you forget that Hels and I have both been broken arses, and that we three are going to be together this weekend?
Silly, silly man....

Maha
4th January 2012, 08:48
...winja was a lightweight in the infraction stats.
That fact that he has not been around for a while means shit all cos neither have most of them on the list...8 by my count.

46/507 Crazy Steve
64/470 skidMark
43/294 Katman:Me
47/281 Sidewinder
26/176 boomer
24/170 imdying
34/167 renegade master
23/136 carver
15/128 SixPackBack
15/110 short-circuit
23/96 jrandom
13/92 Finn
16/88 MattRSK
10/84 peasea
10/77 winja

MSTRS
4th January 2012, 08:53
Did you forget that Hels and I have both been broken arses, and that we three are going to be together this weekend?
Silly, silly man....

I suspect it is my turn to be the broken arse...

short-circuit
4th January 2012, 08:57
That fact that he has not been around for a while means shit all cos neither have most of them on the list...8 by my count.

46/507 Crazy Steve
64/470 skidMark
47/281 Sidewinder
26/176 boomer
24/170 imdying
34/167 renegade master
23/136 carver
15/128 SixPackBack
15/110 short-circuit
23/96 jrandom
13/92 Finn
16/88 MattRSK
10/84 peasea
10/77 winja

That's not bad considering my post count

Wouldn't want to spend any length of time on this shithole of a site with most of you no life fuck knuckles to 'improve' my position either

MSTRS
4th January 2012, 09:06

Wouldn't want to spend half any length of time on this shit hole of us site with most of you no life fuck knuckles to 'improve' my position either

*breathes in - breathes out*
That's all right, we all luffs you too. You just say what the rest of us would like to say, but are too well-mannered to, you festering boil on a baboon's red bits.

Maha
4th January 2012, 09:10

Wouldn't want to spend half any length of time on this shit hole of us site with most of you no life fuck knuckles to 'improve' my position either

..at least you still post, some cant handle the wrath of the mods and cry themselves away from this shit hole soon after the fact.

BAD DAD
4th January 2012, 09:38
I got the impression that a lot of posts that would normally have been posted in forums were maybe ending up in the "groups" where you need to be a member to view contents. (Haven't got any facts to back this up though.) Still one of my most viewed sites.

Crasherfromwayback
4th January 2012, 09:48
There are arseholes everywhere you go in life, and more by the day. Only stands to reason more and more of them infiltrate the site.

Maha
4th January 2012, 09:55
There are arseholes everywhere you go in life, and more by the day. Only stands to reason more and more of them infiltrate the site.

....:clap: its like walking into a public bar of old...you are not going to get on with, or agree with everything that is said..and the more pissed some get, the easier it is for the sober ones deliver the bash.

Gremlin
4th January 2012, 10:20
Changing times however. When winja was in full force infractions didn't exist, it was only later on. The mods also tried to use the infractions more sparingly I think.

From them on, I think Winja didn't know/care most of the time he was infracted, and possibly the only to be life banned from returning?

Str8 Jacket
4th January 2012, 10:25
and possibly the only to be life banned from returning?

Nah, Mikey was too. Two GC's 'tossed off' cause of PC bollocks..... :sleep:

short-circuit
4th January 2012, 10:27
Changing times however. When winja was in full force infractions didn't exist, it was only later on. The mods also tried to use the infractions more sparingly I think.

From them on, I think Winja didn't know/care most of the time he was infracted, and possibly the only to be life banned from returning?

I haven't managed an infraction since 2009. Maybe the OP is right - apart from the odd Quasi brain-fart this place is pretty ghey these days

Madness
4th January 2012, 11:35
You've just got to look at the frequency of posts in the PD thread to see how beige this forum is now compared to just a couple of years ago. There's a lot more political type posts and much less of members calling others homo's. Homo's.

BMWST?
4th January 2012, 12:10
all the internet forums i have been on change ,only the smallest two have remained fairly static in "feel" and behaviour and both of them were pretty specififc subjects

SPman
4th January 2012, 14:04

46/507 Crazy Steve
64/470 skidMark
47/281 Sidewinder
26/176 boomer
24/170 imdying
34/167 renegade master
23/136 carver
15/128 SixPackBack
15/110 short-circuit
23/96 jrandom
13/92 Finn
16/88 MattRSK
10/84 peasea
10/77 winja

Aaaaaaahhhhh - some of the more....interesting members....

Maha
4th January 2012, 14:26
Aaaaaaahhhhh - some of the more....interesting members....

Finn/Loopy Tipene and Boomer...some of the best laughs ever on this site from that list, that no longer partake.

When Finn once posted...
''I am going to report your post as abusive you pimpled face arse fuck''....now that was a class post :lol:

Hitcher
4th January 2012, 17:03
There's a lot more political type posts and much less of members calling others homo's. Homo's.

There's no apostrophe needed in homos.

scumdog
4th January 2012, 17:06
Meh....still has its quota of drongos - and then some.:rolleyes:

jafar
4th January 2012, 17:28

46/507 Crazy Steve
64/470 skidMark
47/281 Sidewinder
26/176 boomer
24/170 imdying
34/167 renegade master
23/136 carver
15/128 SixPackBack
15/110 short-circuit
23/96 jrandom
13/92 Finn
16/88 MattRSK
10/84 peasea
10/77 winja

How many of these fine comedians have been banned forever ??

As far as I can tell the place changed when 'someone' did away with counting posts in threads thaty wern't directly motorcycle related. Scummy went from well over 10,000 to bugger all , as did many others.

Maha
4th January 2012, 17:36
How many of these fine comedians have been banned forever ??

As far as I can tell the place changed when 'someone' did away with counting posts in threads thaty wern't directly motorcycle related. Scummy went from well over 10,000 to bugger all , as did many others.

Three I think?

Hitcher
4th January 2012, 17:45
Scummy went from well over 10,000 to bugger all , as did many others.

FWIW, somebody (who should remain anonymous) has posted over 24,600 posts during their KB membership, of which about half have been officially counted.

short-circuit
4th January 2012, 17:59
FWIW, somebody (who should remain anonymous) has posted over 24,600 posts during their KB membership, of which about half have been officially counted.

And of the 12,000 odd posts that actually have counted officially, all but three are a load of old shite

jrandom
4th January 2012, 18:11
46/507 Crazy Steve
64/470 skidMark
47/281 Sidewinder
26/176 boomer
24/170 imdying
34/167 renegade master
23/136 carver
15/128 SixPackBack
15/110 short-circuit
23/96 jrandom
13/92 Finn
16/88 MattRSK
10/84 peasea
10/77 winja

I miss the bad old days. There's no going back, though. You can't call anyone a cunt on here now without sharply indrawn breaths all round and a couple of posters having to be revived with smelling salts.

Virago
4th January 2012, 18:17
I miss the bad old days. There's no going back, though. You can't call anyone a cunt on here now without sharply indrawn breaths all round and a couple of posters having to be revived with smelling salts.

YOU'RE A CUNT...!

There we go - I don't know about you, but I feel better now. :cool:

jrandom
4th January 2012, 18:19
YOU'RE A CUNT...!

*sharply indrawn breath*

Madness
4th January 2012, 18:20
Gah!... Thud.

Gremlin
4th January 2012, 18:24
.:crybaby:.

Geeen
4th January 2012, 18:33
:gob: Won't someone think of the children!!!

Harry the Barstard
4th January 2012, 18:55
There we go!!!........ now that wasnt so bad

Maha
4th January 2012, 19:13

So, like me, about half of your posts are crap?
My overall post count is 19753...

Just looking at a few members totals, they all seem to be about double.
Sniper was the first to 10,000...I do remember that.

short-circuit
4th January 2012, 19:15
So, like me, about half of your posts are crap?
My overall post count is 19753...

How do you know that?

Maha
4th January 2012, 19:17
How do you know that?

I am clever....your total is 2455..:rolleyes:

DEATH_INC.
4th January 2012, 19:54
I am clever....
:lol::lol::lol: :bleh:

Hitcher
4th January 2012, 20:20
YOU'RE A CUNT...!

And, in the bad old days, some overly zealous Moderator would have infracted you for that.

Virago
4th January 2012, 20:21
And, in the bad old days, some overly zealous Moderator would have infracted you for that.

No I wouldn't...

Gone Burger
4th January 2012, 20:28
It's my fault. I killed the KB mojo. Choice :niceone:

Kittyhawk
4th January 2012, 20:32
Yes it is what it is...you mean it isn't what it was.

..and what was and what is aint the same when talking in the context of was and is or...then and now.
Now then, what was as it used to be is now just the same as it is or was when then was then.

That's a friggin tongue twister for my single brain cell......Im telling Mom on you! :devil2:

jrandom
4th January 2012, 20:36
It's my fault. I killed the KB mojo.

A little bit, aye.

That's a friggin tongue twister

u r

Kittyhawk
5th January 2012, 06:04
u r

confused!:wait:

short-circuit
5th January 2012, 06:22
A little bit, aye.

Beat me to it

KB - KP ... nek minnit Kl ...... Killing it slowly

Maha
5th January 2012, 07:37
This thread was Kiwibloker at its best...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/110623-Peak-Rd-Riders-and-SH16

Jimmy took it good.

MSTRS
5th January 2012, 08:36
:gob: Won't someone think of the children!!!

But kids like mince...

sinfull
5th January 2012, 09:06
This thread was Kiwibloker at its best...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/110623-Peak-Rd-Riders-and-SH16

Jimmy took it good.
Ya still get a taste now and then ! http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/145496-Idiots-overtaking

Owl
5th January 2012, 12:07
whereas us older ones may be more laid back and blase' about stuff.

Actually I'd disagree with that, but perhaps for confirmation, we should ask Grandpa?:D

Edbear
5th January 2012, 12:19
Actually I'd disagree with that, but perhaps for confirmation, we should ask Grandpa?:D

A good idea.... :niceone:

Maha
5th January 2012, 12:32
Two weeks ago, I saw a flat I lived in 20 years ago...it had changed, there were new people there, but I couldn't find a website cheesy enough that would let me ask the question as to why?
Then it dawned on me...things change...sometimes daily sometimes weekly sometimes annually.

Edbear
5th January 2012, 13:11
Two weeks ago, I saw a flat I lived in 20 years ago...it had changed, there were new people there, but I couldn't find a website cheesy enough that would let me ask the question as to why?
Then it dawned on me...things change...sometimes daily sometimes weekly sometimes annually.

And some things metamorphous...

Maha
5th January 2012, 13:14
And some things metamorphous...

I cant even texted that word..its way to big 4 my fone.

SPman
5th January 2012, 13:21
And, in the bad old days, some overly zealous Moderator would have infracted you for that. Fuck off! 'twas people like Fish who were to blame.......

Maha
5th January 2012, 13:24
Fuck off! 'twas people like Fish who were to blame.......

...he randomly lost his tail and morphed into something else....:rolleyes:

Hinny
6th January 2012, 00:55
It's clearly the Government's fault.
Bunch of humourless pricks.

ajturbo
6th January 2012, 07:16
just post TITS like we used too...:banana:

DMNTD
6th January 2012, 07:25
just post TITS like we used too...:banana:

But I don't have a picture of Dover

ajturbo
6th January 2012, 08:04

bugger.. he was good at being a TIT...

Crasherfromwayback
6th January 2012, 08:10

bugger.. he was good at being a TIT...

Yeah I hear he was (is) a woman basher. That makes him more than a tit.

ajturbo
6th January 2012, 08:25
Yeah I hear he was (is) a woman basher. That makes him more than a tit.
dam.. didn't know that...

Usarka
6th January 2012, 09:28
There's no apostrophe needed in homos.

There a homos in a colon.

Indiana_Jones
9th January 2012, 17:16
Tits out for the boys........

TITS OUT FOR THE BOYS!

-Indy

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 02:27
http://oasischat.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/dark-desire1.jpg

oldrider
15th January 2012, 07:03

I havent been on this site for two years now as it just made me depressed when I didnt own my own bike.

But is it just me or has KB changed over past two years? There seems to be so much focus on politics and slagging others off. Maybe i have just read the wrong posts or bumped into the wrong people but FARK!! Now im NOT having a go at anyone or anyones post in particular, this is purely my own observation but there seems to be a way bigger contingent of haters these days. What happened to the people who love to ride, shoot the shit with other bikers and finnish it all off with a beer having the majority?

To be fair I have already recieved some great help/advice from people on this site since I have been back, so i know they are still out there.

OK so what changes have you noticed while you are out riding your bike? .... That's what is driving the change in attitudes on KB and everywhere else!

You will have to pay pay ACC and carbon taxes to fart soon and in order to ride your bike you will have to take the wheels off first and wear flouro vest underwear! :angry2:

tri boy
15th January 2012, 07:43
KB is still one of my favourite sites to browse, while I slurp down cheap coffeeand scratch my arse.
This kaos has consistency:msn-wink:

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 22:12
they asked for tits. they got tits. woop wooop:drinknsin

Kittyhawk
29th January 2012, 21:52
You can't say tits......it will get modded!~ :shutup:

ajturbo
30th January 2012, 06:43

Not on KB...!!!:bash:

James Deuce
30th January 2012, 07:50
Did you know an anagram for Rev Ian Paisley is Vile IRA Pansey?

roogazza
30th January 2012, 10:06
256299 mod away!

Crasherfromwayback
30th January 2012, 10:12
mod away!

They're not tits. They're soccer balls.

Paul in NZ
30th January 2012, 10:49

In that case she must be a real soccer fan because she seems VERY happy....

caspernz
1st February 2012, 16:58

Almost like a hi-viz vest, just the water safety version...imagine the buoyancy of that pair :laugh::laugh: