PDA

View Full Version : whats the truth

murhf3
21st July 2005, 18:09
Can we or can.t we carefully ride in between cars at sets of lights, Ido all the time done it next to, infront of cops, never had a prob.As far as I know in the road code its considered passing safely. But I hav this debate with mates many a time. :Punk:

bugjuice
21st July 2005, 18:33
have a read of this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=153758&postcount=11), and then come back.. I still ride by this thread, and have done past cops (did tonight actually), and never a problem.

Plus, do a search on 'filtering' and 'lane splitting' and about a hundy threads will pop up for ya..

marty
21st July 2005, 18:35
don't think you'll be doin too much filtrin on a meanstreak....

murhf3
21st July 2005, 18:53
have a read of this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=153758&postcount=11), and then come back.. I still ride by this thread, and have done past cops (did tonight actually), and never a problem.

Plus, do a search on 'filtering' and 'lane splitting' and about a hundy threads will pop up for ya..
And then as your gently ridding thru you get some wanker look in his side mirror see u comming and decides to cut you off,happens alot.

Lou Girardin
22nd July 2005, 10:44
Recently on a planet far, far away I was merrily scooting up the inside of cars on an on-ramp when suddenly, big oops, there's a Pleece car ahead. So I did a quick cross to the right behind her and continued up the right side of the cars. She didn't seem concerned by this. Then on a certain bridge a little further on I was again merrily lane splitting and there's a biker cop in the left lane. But he wasn't too worried either. Maybe using your indicators helps. He looked a bit wobbly though, are those Police whales a bit iffy in high winds?

skidz
22nd July 2005, 10:52
And then as your gently ridding thru you get some wanker look in his side mirror see u comming and decides to cut you off,happens alot.
Had that happen to me and theres not much you can do. you just aim for his wing mirror and hope it's a flimsy one. (If you know what I mean.)

vifferman
22nd July 2005, 10:55
In six years of commuting, I don't think I've had this happen to me.