PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Daytona 675 ride impressions by an old geezer

Blackbird
5th January 2012, 13:25
I'm 64 and by any standards, fit the Old Fart criteria. However, trying to be strictly impartial, I can still make my Street Triple move along fairly well when the mood swings in that direction. It's ergonomically superb and whilst I loved the Blackbird, the ST is a far better bike for my home turf on the Coromandel Peninsula.

I haven't ridden a true crotch rocket for years (ahem... sorry, a sport bike :rolleyes:) and thought that dodgy knees and general ageing would preclude any future opportunity. However, this week, I had the opportunity to put Prof. Andy West's beautiful 675 Daytona through its paces. You can read how an old bugger got on with it here: http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2012/01/triumph-daytona-675-ride-impressions.html , together with a few photos.

It was also a real pleasure to meet Andy at last after lengthy correspondence. When you next read about him in the news, don't think of him as a prominent academic and businessman; he's as big a bike enthusiast as you'll meet anywhere, absolutely down to earth and a bloody quick and utterly safe rider!

Cheers,

Geoff