PDA

View Full Version : 250 get into it

Jay widda 150
21st July 2005, 21:04
heya guys.

I gotta say that as one of the founding members of club 250 down here in welly that 250 rides are really good for a number of reasons:

building confidence - good for learners
building experience - we can ALL use that
learning about your bike
" " other peoples bikes
meeting new people
getting to know uncommon roads
adjusting to surface conditions
riding in groups is safer
and i could go on ( as if i havent allready)

I ask that as many people go as possible.
if anyone in welly is up for it how about a random date and we'll go from there.

for you jaffas i say go for it and drag your mates along it aint stupid its bloody fun (welly ones were anyway)
and remember bike is desinged to stay on two wheels so NO SHOWING OFF!!

C yas on the road
Jay

Waylander
21st July 2005, 21:20
Hmm... Change your avatar and then once I get my 250 running again I'll see what I can do lol.

Coyote
22nd July 2005, 10:05
NO SHOWING OFF!!

Damn 10 characters

Eurygnomes
22nd July 2005, 10:19
How about today...look at this weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay widda 150
22nd July 2005, 11:27
and waylander is going to come all the way from hamilton to join us. thats dedication. lmao

so is anyone here keen on a ride? lets say last saturday of august?
that should give us all enough time to drag mates and sperad word. ride will be in "short" sprints over through porirua and to pautahanui. can we get 50 riders people??? is it possible??? add name of you and any mates you can drag along and lets do this dudes and dudettes

Waylander
22nd July 2005, 11:29
Mate it's probably gonna take methe better part of a year to get my 250 running again. Need to replace the engine, indicators, gas tank, handle bars and then get the whole thing VINed, registerd and WOFed.

And you still havn't changed that avatar.:rofl:

Jay widda 150
22nd July 2005, 11:42
so with all that time spent getting bike going the day trip to welly will be nothing.

and leave my god damn avatar alone. my favourite car that one. only one i could get sideways on the street and have an excuse. and a long chat with the cops about. toranas are an endangered species :Punk:

what happened to your bike anyway? cant you ride proper oow :weird:

Waylander
22nd July 2005, 11:48
so with all that time spent getting bike going the day trip to welly will be nothing.

and leave my god damn avatar alone. my favourite car that one. only one i could get sideways on the street and have an excuse. and a long chat with the cops about. toranas are an endangered species :Punk:

what happened to your bike anyway? cant you ride proper oow :weird:
Wrecked it them moved onto a bigger one and just havn't fixed it up yet. Only even fixing it so that members of my family and a few friends can use it to learn to ride. Otherwise I would be disassembeling it to chop it out and make a 250 chopper. Done the ride to wellington before down SH1, itchin to try a different route that's less boring and longer.Might even go the scenic route and head north first.

Eurygnomes
22nd July 2005, 12:02
Jay...put up a meeting thread and I'll say yes and come along - last weekend of August.

Trouble is: I don't like riding with a hangover...and I have limited self-control with a bottle of vodka (or red wine!).

I'll probably be along though - hopefully with my restricted licence by then. :)

poorbastard
22nd July 2005, 12:06
Ill be along hangova or no hangova just make a date and post it :ride:

Jay widda 150
22nd July 2005, 12:08
good on ya guys now in the meeting forums and we'll see how many we get

have fun and stay safe
Jay widda 150