PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmanship

pete-blen
12th January 2012, 15:15
Poor sportsmanship or a moments brain fade...:nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR_Ds0Vt9W0

cooneyr
12th January 2012, 15:25
Saw that yesterday and was very surprised. Surely brain fade cause I though Peterhansel was one of the few car drivers that is pretty careful of the bikers seeing as he use to be one.

Looks like front left hit a rock/lump about the same or just before the right hit the rider. May have resulted in the car being pushed by the water and chewed up the little space he had allowed. Not like he was ever going to stop and wait for the rider to get the bike out of the way.

Whatever the case disappointing and I'm sure we will never know the true story.

One more thing - I'd not have stood there waving my arms around but picked the bloody bike up.

bart
12th January 2012, 15:25
I'd be having some very stern words with that guy driving the mini, and call him all sorts of names like a-hole, f-head, and w-ker. In fact, I think I could just about cover the whole alphabet. :mad:

avgas
12th January 2012, 15:33
tough call.
On one side the mini was not going to wait in the rapids for the biker to get his act together. On the other he could have gone a little further left and the bike could have gone a little further right.

Classic case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.

NordieBoy
12th January 2012, 15:46
Left hand drive, drop on left, rock, wide wheel arches...

Saw another that looked like he'd got past fine and the rider got donked by the rear wheel arch...

k14
12th January 2012, 16:58
tough call.
On one side the mini was not going to wait in the rapids for the biker to get his act together. On the other he could have gone a little further left and the bike could have gone a little further right.

Classic case of 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Apparently the rules state that if there is another vehicle in front of you in a river crossing (or maybe a tight part of the road) you have to wait till they move to pass them.

The example of sportsmanship was even worse yesterday when Despres had help from one of the other riders to get his bike out of the mud then rode off before helping the other guy. Then he got a 9 minute of free time taken off his time for the "misfortune" of getting stuck in the mud.

Eddieb
12th January 2012, 17:14
Peterhansel of all people should have more respect for motorcyclists, and in an interview just a few days ago was going on about how he liked to help them out still.

The example of sportsmanship was even worse yesterday when Despres had help from one of the other riders to get his bike out of the mud then rode off before helping the other guy. Then he got a 9 minute of free time taken off his time for the "misfortune" of getting stuck in the mud.

Yeah I thought that was pretty piss poor.

NordieBoy
12th January 2012, 20:21

The other guy had the time he was stuck taken off too.
Despres was waved on by the other guy as he knew he was battling for the lead. The ones he's waving at in the vids are the 2 that appear and do quick about face's and leave...

Phreaky Phil
12th January 2012, 20:40
The mans in a "cage" Lost all perspective. Bikes and Cages will never mix. And its not often the bike gets the better deal:no:

dino3310
12th January 2012, 21:01
:laugh:
get out of my way bitch im coming through