PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic!

James Deuce
20th December 2003, 20:27
:bigthumb:

Well this is the coolest Christmas present ever.

Picked up the TRX today (and stalled 4 billion times in Motomart's driveway - :Oops: )

Blatted round the block to make sure that nothing was going to fall off and then beetled up to see a mate in Raumati.

What a honey!! The bike that is not the mate, though the wife definitely qualifies for that title :)

Handles beautifully, brakes are fantastic (Brembo 4 pots with braided lines), and the exhaust note is to die for. Did a duet with an HSV Commodore in Paraparaumu - was hilarious. Well we both thought it was. Went home over the PAekakariki hill road which incidentally is in reasonable repair once again. HArdly had to change gear and started to get a feel for the wee beauty. Feels way more visceral and alive than any bike I've owned, and I am sure it will get a nickname before long.

Excuse me I must go now, as I fear I may embarrass myself with more inane ramblings. If anyone does the Wellington toyrun tomorrow I'll see you there.

Jim2

Eddieb
22nd December 2003, 08:07
HI Jim

Was at the toyrun, if I'd seen this beforehand I would have come over and said Hi. There were a couple of TRX's there and they all sounded good. Maybe see you around sometime up the rimutaki hill or somewhere.

James Deuce
22nd December 2003, 08:10
HI Jim

Was at the toyrun, if I'd seen this beforehand I would have come over and said Hi. There were a couple of TRX's there and they all sounded good. Maybe see you around sometime up the rimutaki hill or somewhere.

You were the 888? I followed you for bit and your beastie is luvverly. Mine was loud TRX :)

Eddieb
22nd December 2003, 15:29
Yep that was me pottering along, it is a bit vocal with the pipes I have on it, I think it sounds noisier if you are riding it than behind it. It's bit of a pain riding so slow as we were through J'ville, it gets pretty hot and is so high geared it lurches quite a bit at low speeds/revs.

James Deuce
22nd December 2003, 15:58
It sounded sweet :). Lots of "Gold" bits on your 888 which looked great when the sun caught them.

My clutch got a bit grabby in J'Ville. Stalled going through the roundabout but managed to start it while I rolled through. Bit shuddery under 2500rpm.

merv
22nd December 2003, 18:27
Bit shuddery under 2500rpm.

Remember its a modern bike engine not a diesel truck. I doubt I ever run my bike under 3000rpm except when its idling. Feels happiest from about 4000 up so your twin is probably saying hey don't go under 2500. Just keep it happy by changing gear and enjoying the fun.

James Deuce
22nd December 2003, 18:56
Remember its a modern bike engine not a diesel truck. I doubt I ever run my bike under 3000rpm except when its idling. Feels happiest from about 4000 up so your twin is probably saying hey don't go under 2500. Just keep it happy by changing gear and enjoying the fun.

I'm used to high revving 4s, both inline and V config, so the twin is a bit like learning to ride again.

I wouldn't normally torture an engine like that, it's just that I was on the toy run and doing about 10km/h at the time. Could feel every firing stroke :)

Redline is only 8k too so it's all kinda weird. I'll get there.

wkid_one
22nd December 2003, 19:14
Shit - the R1 didn't like low revs at all - heaps and heaps of chain snatch

riffer
23rd December 2003, 10:55
Shit - the R1 didn't like low revs at all - heaps and heaps of chain snatch
That sounds like Yamaha still haven't fixed that problem with the Genesis motors - mine is shocking for that.

mangell6
23rd December 2003, 21:04
Celticno6 if you wanted low revs you should have brought a cruising V-Twin or a Harley, not a free high revving awesome street bike. :) :)

My FZ1 rides nicely above 4k, very rarely use sixth gear (4100rpm = 100kph), fifth gear on the open road as in touring (4500rpm = 100kph), but forth gear is real nice at 5000rpm (100kph), and for some tight stuff it is first or second gear. At Mainfield second gear tops at 160kph at 11500 (redline), and I know my speed is correct cos my speedo says so. :) :)

Mike

74 knuckle
8th December 2008, 17:40
I made that run yesterday also, even my ole gal didnt like that low speed:

McDuck
8th December 2008, 18:04

welcom to kb

Trouser
8th December 2008, 18:26
thread dredge king?

jrandom
8th December 2008, 18:28
Does anyone else find it spooky how much happier Jim was in 2003?

Gubb
8th December 2008, 18:37
5 Years of ignoramus's (ignoramii?) has it's toll.

riffer
8th December 2008, 19:02

LOL. I was just thinking recently how quiet, shy and optimistic you used to be too mate.

And as for me...

Kickaha
8th December 2008, 19:07
I remember going on a Welly ride when he had that bike

jrandom
8th December 2008, 19:21
LOL. I was just thinking recently how quiet, shy and optimistic you used to be too mate.

These are the days of our lives...

davebullet
8th December 2008, 20:39

I was thinking the exact same thing. My first thought was someone hacked Jim's account and started posting about a new bike.... then I saw the date of the post...

Now I too am guilty of thread dredging.....

pritch
8th December 2008, 20:57
The toy run comments sucked me in...

Madness
8th December 2008, 21:01
Never mind the dredging, who is this I wonder?.

xwhatsit
8th December 2008, 21:54
It's because he had a TRX. Man, those are fun!

Does this mean a cheerful optimistic sort like me is going to turn into one of you knuts in five years?

James Deuce
8th December 2008, 21:55
No mate, you'll be fine. You ride a Honda and you people are always happy. Or is that gay? I'll have to ask those young people why they say "gay" with a peculiar inflection these days.

bungbung
9th December 2008, 08:01
Funny about the TRX, Lisa's going to test one this weekend vs. a Monster