View Full Version : Yeah the car is the problem in this vid

sil3nt
14th January 2012, 18:07
Skip 1 minute in and watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8f-D_1-IjI

:jerry:

riffer
14th January 2012, 18:43
Yes, well on first watch I was wondering what the car was doing on a private racetrack. :mellow:

But seriously, a little understanding of other road users would go a long way wouldn't it?

Pussy
14th January 2012, 19:21
What a twat.....

scracha
14th January 2012, 19:41
What a twat.....
car driver appeared to look in mirror then deliberately slam on brakes for no real apparent reason.

Berries
14th January 2012, 21:54
Perhaps she saw the words SLOW on the road, saw the village sign and the chevrons, saw the oncoming car in the wet going a bit fast and figured perhaps she was going a bit fast and as there was nothing behind her 15 seconds ago dabbed the brakes. If I had been driving I would have put the twat through the hedge as soon as he opened his mouth. Arsehole.

I had one of those bar protectors on my BMX when I was a kid as well.

Spearfish
14th January 2012, 22:13
At least he cancels his turn signals:niceone:

Rides on his emotions though.

sil3nt
14th January 2012, 22:15
Looks like he is deleting the comments :laugh:

Berries
14th January 2012, 23:25
What was wrong with the overtaking opportunity at 1:14 after that car went past anyway? Softcock as well.

Kickaha
15th January 2012, 09:45
Perhaps she saw the words SLOW on the road, saw the village sign and the chevrons, saw the oncoming car in the wet going a bit fast and figured perhaps she was going a bit fast and as there was nothing behind her 15 seconds ago dabbed the brakes.

Thats pretty much how I saw it

Pussy
15th January 2012, 10:19
Thats pretty much how I saw it

Me too. The rider is a twat.

ducatilover
15th January 2012, 11:26
If he was going faster, waving and wearing Hi Viz it might have been worth watching.

jasonu
15th January 2012, 12:21
Perhaps she saw the words SLOW on the road, saw the village sign and the chevrons, saw the oncoming car in the wet going a bit fast and figured perhaps she was going a bit fast and as there was nothing behind her 15 seconds ago dabbed the brakes. If I had been driving I would have put the twat through the hedge as soon as he opened his mouth. Arsehole.

Agreed. When I read the title to the thread and the title to the clip I thought it was going to be a lot worse on the cars part. The rider got what he deserved and was lucky it wasn't a lot worse.

Geeen
15th January 2012, 12:36
I kinda have to agree with most of the comments so far, the Guy on the Kawasucki over-reacts. He had heaps of room between himself and the Range Rover. Whole vid is a bit of a non event.

riffer
15th January 2012, 15:17
Kind of what I'd alluded to.

As the vehicle behind the car, the onus is always on the bike to be able to stop in the available distance. The SLOW sign was clearly visible, and regardless of what the rider though, it's not unreasonable to expect someone to slow a vehicle down when seeing SLOW markings.

Tolerance of and empathy to the requirements of motorcycles is something riders are demanding as a right. This right should also apply conversely.

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 15:45
have a whinge guys..
hes having a bit of fun so what.. he wasn't being dangerous & he was following the road rules apart from speeding and being on a race bike.

schrodingers cat
15th January 2012, 16:00
have a whinge guys..
hes having a bit of fun so what.. he wasn't being dangerous & he was following the road rules apart from speeding and being on a race bike.

No problems with any of that. Pulling out and abusing the driver - that's what make him a twat.

Otherwise its just ANOTHER dull riding movie on you tube

Owl
15th January 2012, 16:05
I'm wondering why people buy aftermarket exhausts to make that screaming 4-cylinder rubbish sound louder. Just the video hurt my ears!:pinch:

sil3nt
15th January 2012, 16:15
have a whinge guys..
hes having a bit of fun so what.. he wasn't being dangerous & he was following the road rules apart from speeding and being on a race bike.It is not a race bike http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48744

And how is speeding in "wintery conditions" not dangerous?

Subike
15th January 2012, 16:19
His attitude towards the drive of the cage, will go around her gossip group

and another 50 women will now hate bike riders...
another 5 guys will get pressured to sell their bikes, husbands of the women in that group
3 potential future riders will be banned by their mother who are in that group.
The local policeman will be advised of the green biker that abused her
Riders of Kwakas, will be hassled in that village for years

So the riders attitude can have far further reaching effect than just whats on the surface.

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 16:21
No problems with any of that. Pulling out and abusing the driver - that's what make him a twat.

Otherwise its just ANOTHER dull riding movie on you tube

It looked as though she abused, or had a go at him first, and as for "wintery conditions", i don't see any snow on the road? yeah its a bit wet but that ain't fuck all.

people these days have nothing to do all day but complain all day
lighten the fuck up.

ktm
15th January 2012, 17:20
It looked as though she abused, or had a go at him first, and as for "wintery conditions", i don't see any snow on the road? yeah its a bit wet but that ain't fuck all.

people these days have nothing to do all day but complain all day
lighten the fuck up.

I fully agree, the dude was being very considerate in the circumstances, why bother even starting the thread?

Ender EnZed
15th January 2012, 17:28
It looked as though she abused, or had a go at him first

How could she if he'd just been overtaking without trying to say something to her? He obviously pulled up alongside her rather than just passing.

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 17:31
How could she if he'd just been overtaking without trying to say something to her? He obviously pulled up alongside her rather than just passing.

you can hear her talking before he talks...

sil3nt
15th January 2012, 17:50
you can hear her talking before he talks...Err no you can hear him slowing down and he gestures and talks just before she does.

I am starting to think your either an idiot or watching a different video.

Katman
15th January 2012, 17:53
I am starting to think your either an idiot or watching a different video.

I think you'll find he's watching the same video.

Berries
15th January 2012, 18:04
you can hear her talking before he talks...
Nothing unusual in that though is there?

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 18:26
I don't see what your problem with him is... he slows right down to her speed limit and and then she slams the breaks on and swerves all over the road..
if it was me I'd be fucked off and abuse the shit out of her as-well.
bad drivers shouldn't be on the road.

Kickaha
15th January 2012, 18:36
I don't see what your problem with him is... he slows right down to her speed limit and and then she slams the breaks on and swerves all over the road..
if it was me I'd be fucked off and abuse the shit out of her as-well.
bad drivers shouldn't be on the road.

Which wouldn't be a problem unless you're following to close

Swerves all over the road? you must be watching a different video

scumdog
15th January 2012, 18:41

No, he's watching the same video - so it must be that other option.......<_<

And he seems to fit the KB criteria for that sort of thing (No. of posts, bike size etc)

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 18:45

over-exaggeration.

ducatilover
15th January 2012, 18:54
over-exaggeration.
:facepalm:

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 18:54
No, he's watching the same video - so it must be that other option.......<_<

And he seems to fit the KB criteria for that sort of thing (No. of posts, bike size etc)

and by the way bike size has nothing to do with it.
dirt biking comes with its own challenges and definitely takes more skill then riding on the road.

ducatilover
15th January 2012, 19:06
dirt biking comes with its own challenges and definitely takes more skill then riding on the road.

Different skill. :Police:

bogan
15th January 2012, 19:11
I'm wondering why people buy aftermarket exhausts to make that screaming 4-cylinder rubbish sound louder. Just the video hurt my ears!:pinch:

While we may not agree on the optimum number, I can certainly agree with that :p

They both ran over one SLOW marker before she slowed, so there were hints she might slow down. Unfortunate timing with the oncoming car, but it didn't even look like an ass clenching moment to me. If it was for him, he should learn from it rather than getting fucked off with other motorists.

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 19:11
Different skill. :Police:

Yes, different... but in my opinion dirt-biking takes more skill then riding on the road..

jasonu
15th January 2012, 19:16
[QUOTE=schrodingers cat;1130235208]No problems with any of that. Pulling out and abusing the driver - that's what make him a twat.

Including that part its just ANOTHER dull riding movie on you tube

scumdog
15th January 2012, 19:18
Yes, different... but in my opinion dirt-biking takes more skill then riding on the road..

Not too many oncoming cars on a dirt-bike track - and not too many cars on front of you suddenyl braking.

As the man said "differnet skill"

No claim as to which requires 'more' skill - and I wouldn't make that call myself.

At a risk of sounding like Katman - on the road you need the skills that will keep you alive.:yes:

bogan
15th January 2012, 19:21
At a risk of sounding like Katman - on the road you need the skills that will keep you alive.:yes:

And on the dirt you need the skills to go fast an have fun, I can say my roadcraft is better than my dirtcraft, and that is certainly the way I would prefer. Which give you an idea of priority, if not comparative skill levels.

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 19:29
And on the dirt you need the skills to go fast an have fun, I can say my roadcraft is better than my dirtcraft, and that is certainly the way I would prefer. Which give you an idea of priority, if not comparative skill levels.

yes most definitely, the only reason i brought up the whole Road vs Dirt thing is because some decided to bring up the fact that i only have a 250cc..

Katman
15th January 2012, 19:30
yes most definitely, the only reason i brought up the whole Road vs Dirt thing is because some decided to bring up the fact that i only have a 250cc..

Maybe it's more the fact that you seem to know fuck all about road riding.

TrentNz
15th January 2012, 19:47
Maybe it's more the fact that you seem to know fuck all about road riding.

you don't know me, nor have you seen me ride?
how would you know what i know and what i don't
enlighten us, teach us your ways. :tugger:

vifferman
15th January 2012, 20:49
I watched it with the sound off, so was only watching the video, signs, etc etc.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 00:28
How so? Different skill set all together.

enlighten us, teach us your wa:tugger:ys.
Maybe it's because you say dumb shit like this? Where's your valid argument?

Maybe it's more the fact that you seem to know fuck all about road riding. :yes:

TrentNz
16th January 2012, 00:48
How so? Different skill set all together.

Maybe it's because you say dumb shit like this? Where's your valid argument?

:yes:

that was a valid argument fuckwit.

TrentNz
16th January 2012, 00:50
oh and i also said, in my "opinion" that doesn't mean you have to think the same thing.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 01:02
that was a valid argument fuckwit.
:facepalm: No it wasn't.
Please explain to me as I am naive, why does dirt riding require more skill than road riding?

TrentNz
16th January 2012, 01:14
the terrain, hills, rocks, rutts, technical sections. you never know what you might come up against
mud, and as someone stated before on certain surfaces you might start to drift
where as on tar you have a lot more grip.

Whisper
16th January 2012, 05:59
the terrain, hills, rocks, rutts, technical sections. you never know what you might come up against

Sounds like a ride on the Forgotten Highway to me.....bugga....should I change my bike?.....:laugh::msn-wink::laugh:

scumdog
16th January 2012, 07:30

Except on loose grit, diesel spill, wet tar-bleed....and one or two other impediments to optimum grip....<_<

bsasuper
16th January 2012, 07:44
Sometimes it aint what it seams, A car pulled out in front of me then just stopped dead, what an arsehole I thought.Turns out the gearbox exploded stopping the car dead.Another time car up my arse flashing headlights on the horn, whats this arsehole doing me thinks, car passed and lady holding small child covered in blood.

avgas
16th January 2012, 08:12
Boring roads create boring people.
While I would like to say he is a reckless moron, he isn't.......he rides slower that glacier melts and he has no control over his vehicle.
He is a boring moron. Perhaps he should give up motorbikes and return to being a window licker at the back of the bus.

avgas
16th January 2012, 08:21
Correct on the first part.......there are many riders on here that would kick peoples arses on a humble 125. (I'm not one of them)

The second part is horribly wrong and a massive misconception that many road riders have. Shit happens just as bad on road as it does off. And requires just as many skills.
This is why we have so many fuckwits on the road - they think its "easy". If they did off road their lack of skills would show immediately, on the road it only shows when they die.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 11:30
Fair points...
How much road riding have you done? I've done a mere 200 thou all over the Norf island in all conditions and on lots of bikes and I have to say, with my experiences I disagree with you.
Dirt riding is challenging yes, but you have a more forgiving surface, less likely to have a Cefiro drift around a corner at you, you have a bike that will slide easily and not highside as easily, I bet you're going a shitload slower when a rabbit decides to jump out, or a cow.

But, if you really think it's easier, that's not my problem. They both present challenges.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 11:31
Boring roads create boring people.
While I would like to say he is a reckless moron, he isn't.......he rides slower that glacier melts and he has no control over his vehicle.
He is a boring moron. Perhaps he should give up motorbikes and return to being a window licker at the back of the bus.
Sounded as gay as fuck too if you ask me...

Edbear
16th January 2012, 11:56

Sometimes it aint what it seams, A car pulled out in front of me then just stopped dead, what an arsehole I thought.Turns out the gearbox exploded stopping the car dead.Another time car up my arse flashing headlights on the horn, whats this arsehole doing me thinks, car passed and lady holding small child covered in blood.

The rider was being an idiot; completely ignoring any and all road rules automatically puts you in the wrong. He was speeding and treating the road as his personal race track.

His riding skills in themselves, as opposed to his legality, seemed to be fine until he nearly collected that car, which was entirely his own fault. It is his attitude that sucks and gives bikers a bad rep. As bsasuper says, you don't know why a driver does what they do and too many times your conclusions are wrong. Arrogance has no place on the public road and this guy is an accident waiting to happen. Not only that but he will die blaming the other person.

TrentNz
16th January 2012, 12:34
Fair points...
How much road riding have you done? I've done a mere 200 thou all over the Norf island in all conditions and on lots of bikes and I have to say, with my experiences I disagree with you.
Dirt riding is challenging yes, but you have a more forgiving surface, less likely to have a Cefiro drift around a corner at you, you have a bike that will slide easily and not highside as easily, I bet you're going a shitload slower when a rabbit decides to jump out, or a cow.

But, if you really think it's easier, that's not my problem. They both present challenges.

ahh but you do have fuckwits in their 4wd's thinking they own the trails

and cows can jump?? :bleh:

bogan
16th January 2012, 12:40
ahh but you do have fuckwits in their 4wd's thinking they own the trails

Ahhh, a trail rider, that explains it! How about taking it to an MX track instead, rather than puttering up and down hills in the forest. That'll open you eyes to what skill is, and for extra challenge, try it on a 2T 125 :bleh:

TrentNz
16th January 2012, 12:43
i do take it to the motorcross track...
but i like to mix it up between trail riding and motorcross tracks.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 12:46
Those cunts can fly :msn-wink:

onearmedbandit
16th January 2012, 13:45
enlighten us, teach us your ways. :tugger:

I think this sums it up well enough...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/145859-Christchurch-waimak-motorcross-track-%2815-jan%29

If that's the dirt riding experience you're calling on then I shudder to think how you can begin making comparisons with road riding.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 13:46

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/145859-Christchurch-waimak-motorcross-track-(15-jan)

If that's the dirt riding experience you're calling on then I shudder to think how you can begin making comparisons with road riding.
Yet again :facepalm:

avgas
16th January 2012, 14:21
Sounded as gay as fuck too if you ask me...
heh I am at work, so sound was muted.

I did like his pretty matching grips, matching gloves, matching jacket, matching bike.
I wonder if his mum dressed him.

ducatilover
16th January 2012, 14:28
heh I am at work, so sound was muted.

I did like his pretty matching grips, matching gloves, matching jacket, matching bike.
I wonder if his mum dressed him.

Well it was the most beige sounding 4cyl in the world :niceone:
His dress sense was a little gay too, then again I wear black everything except for my helmet which is uber faggy with a tortured clown on it (I got it just to remind myself that I'm a puller)

PrincessBandit
16th January 2012, 14:52
What a boring video. As for his abuse it's just as well it wasn't me driving of I'd have been tempted to seriously unmake his day.
He came across as a boorish loudmouthed twat. Probably one of his proudest moments on two wheels :facepalm:

skippa1
16th January 2012, 15:09

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/145859-Christchurch-waimak-motorcross-track-%2815-jan%29

:shit:snapppeeeddd:laugh::laugh::killingme:killing me:lol::lol: