PDA

View Full Version : SH2 at Te Puna, BOP

Old Steve
15th January 2012, 20:54
Haven't been through this way for a while, I tend to go over the Kaimais. But about 1 km or less of SH2 on the Tauranga side of Te Puna is absolutely shocking. This is from the Te Puna Rd/Minden Rd intersection right in Te Puna where the BP is, to the Clarke Rd intersection opposite McGregors Fruits.

This section of road was extensively resealed about six months ago, USING BLOODY CHIP SEAL by the look of it!!! Heading towards Tauranga you go into a slightly downhill right hander, down into a dip, then up to an uphill left hander before straightening up onto a flat at McGregors Fruits. It would seem that these corners are all cambered wrong as the trucks have chewed up the seal and the road is badly corrogated with patches completely bare of chip seal.

I've sent an email to MOTONZ. Lets see if they can get this strip of road completely re-engineered, realigned and reconstructed - not only for motorcyclists, but for all drivers. This job has to be done, but done the right way. Spend some money doing the job right, rather than throwing money away resealing it twice a year.

Matt_TG
15th January 2012, 21:48
Thanks for the heads up will be headed up that way next weekend with the missus.

Highlander
15th January 2012, 22:43
Looks like they are going to re seal it. I guess they'll wait for the weather to pack it in again.

This is the third time they have re sealed it in the 2 years I have commuted over it. I know it gets lots of traffic, but surely it should last longer than that (?).

Berries
15th January 2012, 23:17
I've sent an email to MOTONZ.
Why?

Why not send an email or better still phone NZTA seeing as it is state highway. MotoNZ have no more clout than a concerned road user.