PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrgh!

MSTRS
17th January 2012, 17:43
Have tried everything I can think of...
YT's Huawei U8180 WILL NOT connect to a PC through either Bluetooth or USB.
PC recognises it's attached (USB), knows it's an Android (composite adb interface)...but that's it.
Help please. I'm going insane.

Madness
17th January 2012, 17:45
Buy a Nokia.

StoneY
17th January 2012, 17:47
Bro I have the same phone you have to turn on USB Storage (or such) it should show on the touch screen after plugging in.
Otherwise go into the phone menu while its connected, and go to File manager app, its a sub menu of that - your all set to go man.
:)
(it took me a while to find it to mate and I am an IT worker....)

Gremlin
17th January 2012, 17:51
OS on machine?

Has the computer successfully finished installing any drivers related to plugging in the device?

edit: Follow stoney first

Bikemad
17th January 2012, 17:51
go find a kid to sort it for ya.........

MSTRS
17th January 2012, 18:15
Bro I have the same phone you have to turn on USB Storage (or such) it should show on the touch screen after plugging in.
Otherwise go into the phone menu while its connected, and go to File manager app, its a sub menu of that - your all set to go man.
:)
(it took me a while to find it to mate and I am an IT worker....)

You. Are. God.
Thanks mate. Do we have to do that every time we plug it in? Or is that a permanent approval now?

StoneY
18th January 2012, 05:51
You. Are. God.
Thanks mate. Do we have to do that every time we plug it in? Or is that a permanent approval now?

Each time you want to swap files via USB bro - its a shit system, should be automatic. While USB Storage is active and the comp connected, you cannot access the files via the handset, only the PC, and deactivate it when you disconnect.

Good easy to use units otherwise.
Has yours been self re-booting at random times?? Not sure if mine has a fault or is getting software updates ....

The Singing Chef
18th January 2012, 06:06
Each time you want to swap files via USB bro - its a shit system, should be automatic. While USB Storage is active and the comp connected, you cannot access the files via the handset, only the PC, and deactivate it when you disconnect.

Good easy to use units otherwise.
Has yours been self re-booting at random times?? Not sure if mine has a fault or is getting software updates ....

my android does that occasionally, feckin annoying when your riding and listening to music on some twistys.

BoristheBiter
18th January 2012, 06:12
You. Are. God.

I think there is a file in the mass storage area that you down load so you don't have to keep changing it.

Gremlin
18th January 2012, 12:05
Most phones I've come across prompt what you want to do as you connect it.

My Blackberry has the options USB Drive, Sync Media and Charge Only.

With the E series Nokia, you could ask it to prompt you, or default to one of the selections automatically.