PDA

View Full Version : Ok NZTA - now its beyond a Joke ....

Street Hawk
18th January 2012, 09:25
it seems no matter which way we turn, NZTA is screwing us out of more money ....

so main points,

- as we all know the massive increase on licencing and added demerit points

- had my licence put on hold with 2 months in credit, go to take it off and was told "hold" will only kick in once licence label expires... so that money spent disapears into thin air (nothing indicates this when doing this online) :shit:

- go to licence and now a minimum period of 3 months (meaning if i wanted to pay up to date then put it on hold couldn't - note requires licence to be current within one month of hold)

- had my car licence for around 4 years when i got my full licence, just recieved a letter saying I need to renew, checked and has my car licence expiry,
I called up and was told that as its a second licence that it goes by the first licence details,

when asked why do i miss out on a 4 of my 10 years on my motorbike licence was given this default answer adding that i hadn't paid for a renewal of my car licence therefore needed to update this.

when asked what an application fee is for i was told "it is to issue a new licence and process paper work" which is the definition given on the renewal of licence (same testing and photo update done)

so now I have no choice but to pay another fee to get my licence re-issued even though my bike licence should be valid (and is not, but would be if I didn't have a car licence )

no licence no insurance, no rego no insurance both can be considered as automatic fault in an accident.

they wonder why everyone is packing up and moving to Auz ....

Scuba_Steve
18th January 2012, 09:38
haha first experience with NZTA is it???

I had the same licence problem when I got my truck ended up with a 10 day licence, rung them up told them to get fucked in slightly better words & was lucky enough (due to the proximity of expiration) get it 10yr for free

Good news its tho they have finally done something about fixing that one, it's one of the changes next Oct. From then whenever you go through the renewal process your licence will be extended providing you have completed all necessary requirements for the most demanding level i.e. if you have class 2-5 you'll have to fulfil the medical part to get them all extended.

You could try asking for a manager, the entry level staff might as well be a recorded announcement, they will NEVER deviate from script. It may??? help

As for the rest, yep NZTA's purpose in life is to screw every motorist out of as much money as possible while offering nothing in return.

MSTRS
18th January 2012, 09:52
Frustrating? Yes.
Expensive? Yes.
Is this something new? No.
Is there anything new in the OP's post? No.

But some of it is slated to be fixed come Oct.
Do we believe that? Maybe...

Street Hawk
18th January 2012, 10:26
Recon we start a Coup, everyone stops paying all together !!!

SPman
18th January 2012, 14:14
they wonder why everyone is packing up and moving to Auz .... $120 for 5 yr licence in WA - or $35/yr!