PDA

View Full Version : Another Wellington newbie (GingerMidget)

GingerMidget
21st January 2012, 16:02
Better late than never right?

The usual, lurker, blah blah blah, Opinionated, lippy, and very much blonde.

Was a downhill mountain biker for many years, and got bored of that so decided to stop saying I want a real bike, and do something about it!

First bike goal is a GSX250, and end goal is either an R6, or (chalk and cheese) 98+ 900SS

Drew
21st January 2012, 16:19
We don't like lippy types around these parts!

Dunno if anyone has ever aspired to a 900ss as their end game, especially those that own them.

GrayWolf
22nd January 2012, 13:50
We don't like lippy types around these parts!.

ummmmm drew??? :facepalm::shutup::shutup::shutup: noooo comment! :laugh:

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 13:53
You know the drill...
Tits out for the boys.

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 14:44
You know the drill...
Tits out for the boys.

You first.

Discovered the jacket I'm using til my new one arrives next week isn't waterproof. Damn you sudden Wellington rain. So now I'm hibernating on the couch with the heater, movies, and beer. Bring on BBQ later today.

Learned a bit more about emergency braking today, that was fun. Less painful than last time!

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 14:55
You first.

Discovered the jacket I'm using til my new one arrives next week isn't waterproof. Damn you sudden Wellington rain. So now I'm hibernating on the couch with the heater, movies, and beer. Bring on BBQ later today.

Learned a bit more about emergency braking today, that was fun. Less painful than last time!

i've probably seen you around.
i used to ride downhill in wellington aswell.
only moved 4 months ago.

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 15:10
I used to ride in mens fox shorts (black and grey with whatever bright tshirt I could find. Usually bright blue or pink. Back in the crazy days, I was riding an '09 reign, and a way old NX9.7 in bright orange. Love that one, and it was a very regretful sale last week.

Getting out of that, its fun, but I'm getting a bit lazy now :facepalm:

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 15:16
yeah once i got my pitbike that was the end of downhill and dirtjumping for me haha, i ended up riding that wherever i used to ride my downhill bike.
still have my kona stinky though :P

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 15:18
Oh I'd love a stinky! The kahuna deeluxe I borrowed to do Karapoti on in '09 was pretty good, That was the year I totalled my shoulder and a rib or 3 arguing with a tree at fairly good pace. The bruising was most impressive though, and it gave me a chance to look real hard core for a few weeks :laugh:

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 15:23
haha yeah i never really managed to fuck my self up in all my time riding dirt jumping bikes/downhill bikes
probably because i wasn't that hardcore but still haha.

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 15:47
I wasn't that hardcore either. Most people have a traditional 'pain barrier' I have 'I'm not dead, so keep going'

When mum got to the hospital to pick me up after my Karapoti off, she just laughed and asked if I was finally gonna stop riding. Same woman who nearly three years later paid for my basic handling skills. In her view, as long as I do it all legally, she can't yell at me. As much.

Drew
22nd January 2012, 17:56
Motorbike site you pair of peddling poo licks!

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 18:03
we've reformed! :innocent:

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 18:05
we've reformed! :innocent:

:laugh:

What he said.

Like I said, I got lazy. Why peddle when I don't need to?!

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 18:30
:Punk:
pedaling's still in my blood though but..
chain snapped :facepalm:

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 22:35
Thats a real pain in the ...

Had that happen on the reign once, When it snaps and slaps ya in the leg, it tends to smart a bit, and draw blood if you are unlucky enough.

TrentNz
22nd January 2012, 23:25
mine was on the way to work so, had to walk like 3kms lol :angry:

GingerMidget
22nd January 2012, 23:35
Mine was on the way home from tip track, when I lived in Mt Vic. I got to the basin, and it gave way coming on to cambridge tce. Cue lots of swearing and bleeding all over my new shoes.

TrentNz
23rd January 2012, 00:04
can sense an infraction coming for being off topic.. or would this count as saying hello hmmm :innocent:

GingerMidget
23rd January 2012, 00:13
Lol. Yea, back on topic!

Haters gonna hate and all that, but I'm seriously thinking about either a GN250 or as someone suggested tonight elsewhere, a ZXR. But enough of this stupid am waffle I'm getting off the omputer and going to bed! gotta be out in the hutt to go play with a maybe bike. If he still trusts me with his toys. :confused:

GingerMidget
23rd January 2012, 18:52
Second ever pillion experience today, South coast with my uncle on his 900ss. Was great til the munter in the lame ass subaru decided to drive up the middle of the road we were on and scare me a little. I honestly thought he was going to hit us.

Drew
23rd January 2012, 20:58
Second ever pillion experience today, South coast with my uncle on his 900ss. Was great til the munter in the lame ass subaru decided to drive up the middle of the road we were on and scare me a little. I honestly thought he was going to hit us.Don't take it personally, the whole world is out to get Ducati riders.

Lelitu
23rd January 2012, 21:07
Don't take it personally, the whole world is out to get bikers.

fixed it for you

GingerMidget
23rd January 2012, 21:10
Don't take it personally, the whole world is out to get Ducati riders.

:facepalm:

You really don't want new members joining eh?

Unless perhaps it was you in the 'sacked', chromed nasty pile of crap? in which case your hate on Ducati still wouldn't make any sense. :Pokey:

TrentNz
23rd January 2012, 21:52
its just Drews style
to be honest 3/4 of the KB members are like that haha.

Drew
24th January 2012, 16:33
:facepalm:

You really don't want new members joining eh?

Unless perhaps it was you in the 'sacked', chromed nasty pile of crap? in which case your hate on Ducati still wouldn't make any sense. :Pokey:

More members the better, I just try and get them to see the place as a big joke early, or they might turn into more whinging fart box punchers, somewhat like a lot of the current members.

Give 'em shit, take the low road!

TrentNz
24th January 2012, 17:02
More members the better, I just try and get them to see the place as a big joke early, or they might turn into more whinging fart box punchers, somewhat like a lot of the current members.

Give 'em shit, take the low road!

Dont lie drew ya just got something stuck up ya arse :yes:

Drew
24th January 2012, 18:37
Dont lie drew ya just got something stuck up ya arse :yes:Only about poor fuckin grammar!

GingerMidget
24th January 2012, 18:40
Only about poor fuckin grammar!

Bahahaha. My spelling and grammar get worse and worse the closer it gets to 3am. You are gonna hate me pretty quickly :laugh:

Nah seriously though, I don't actually care. It's just funny.

ps/ I re-read that, and noticed no less than 4 errors. This is what happens when you get up at 5am.

TrentNz
24th January 2012, 19:15
Only about poor fucking grammar!

Fixed it for you :innocent:

GingerMidget
24th January 2012, 19:34
Actual LOL buddy. You care way too much :laugh:

GrayWolf
24th January 2012, 22:43
Only about poor fuckin grammar!

it's weird you know, there are so many KB'ers with poor fuckin granma's there days.... must be a trend?

GingerMidget
25th January 2012, 07:26
On my part, mostly being lazy. That and being too lazy to go and get new batteries for my keyboard

oneofsix
25th January 2012, 07:36
it's weird you know, there are so many KB'ers with poor fuckin granma's there days.... must be a trend?

Yeah the pensions not enough for my poor gramma to live, fuckn govment

Welcome to the madhouse GingerMidget.

GingerMidget
25th January 2012, 19:26
Cheers :D

Madhouse? that's my work if I've had enough sugar/caffiene :laugh:

I won us a shout from the redbull girls today, so the last few hours of the day were fun. Still comiong down from that... :facepalm:

TrentNz
25th January 2012, 19:41
Cheers :D

Madhouse? that's my work if I've had enough sugar/caffiene :laugh:

I won us a shout from the redbull girls today, so the last few hours of the day were fun. Still comiong down from that... :facepalm:

sooo...wheres our cut of the deal :shifty:

GingerMidget
25th January 2012, 19:44
Bahahahaha. Can't you tell? I drank it!

That and the beer I swiped from the boys down the road :laugh: 6am gym visit is so not happening now! :sick:

Paul in NZ
26th January 2012, 06:38
If you have a bike etc sorted by sat the 3rd March you can join us for the short 'cancer' jaunt ;-)

GingerMidget
26th January 2012, 07:40
Already know I'm working that day :yawn:

Then BBQ, then work dinner. Busy times!

motordrummer
14th February 2012, 11:24
Welcome to the madhouse! And cheers for the licence info you posted on my thread a week ago too...hows the riding going?

GingerMidget
14th February 2012, 17:11
Currently doing none. I'm back on six day weeks for the forseeable future <_<

Plus saving for a bike, well, I was til I got a $1500 vet bill. FUck, just gold plate the cat and be done mum!

Waipukbiker
29th February 2012, 19:22
Thinking of doing the cancer relay run from here to Taupo on sat but the bloody forecast is crap so will see.