PDA

View Full Version : Monster Garage Chopper

skidz
22nd July 2005, 20:53
Did anyone watch Monster Garage tonight? It's amazing what can be done in four days if you've got the number one crew working on a project.

raster
22nd July 2005, 20:58
Bugga Missed it, too busy on here.

Matt Bleck
22nd July 2005, 21:06
Oh shit!

I missed it to!!

Do you think it could be contagious!! :rofl:

NordieBoy
22nd July 2005, 21:11
Went well.
I like the reactions to Jessies tank "watermelon".
You could tell they wern't fabricators themselves and Jessie wasn't letting on what was in his head :D
Very nicely done with the black and copper highlights especially the tank.

Bike looked crap but what do you expect?

Good to see a bunch of olde timey experts work on a build and have fun.

Sensei
22nd July 2005, 21:15
Harley Heritage or Road King ?? Looked Ok at the end . Doubled the HP to
115RWHP Stand back from a 107 cubic inch motor :no: .

Hitcher
22nd July 2005, 21:42
It looked like a pig of a thing to ride. JJ had trouble keeping both hands on the bars. I liked the custom copper tank though.

skidz
22nd July 2005, 21:50
Yeah, not my style of bike to ride. be OK for funnin around town, but that's about it.

JohnBoy
22nd July 2005, 22:00
i think it was cool, but they do have their place (and it an't in my garage!). i was thinking that 115HP was a little limp but i'd hate to think how much torque it has!
rims were cool and tank was well done.

Motu
22nd July 2005, 22:04
Jesse was just winging it with his copper tank,he didn't seem to know what he wanted and worked on the fly.He first formed a couple of halves,joined them together,that didn't seem to go down well,so he cut an end off and reversed it,cut the already welded tank open again,cut another end off to lengthen it further again - it seemed a total cock up,but finaly got a good looking tank out of it.He had no picture in his head of what he wanted,a genuine case of creativity there.The Pommy guy formed a seat base from a sheet of panel steel and a spoon - I'd a liked to have seen him doing more of that.They cut down the bars and welded them back together - makes me feel better cause I did that to a set of apehangers once.Wasn't a bad build,but it was nothing radical like the truck engine trike,or that chopped and channeled rod.

Virago
22nd July 2005, 22:20
The tank came out in a classic tear-drop shape in the end, the polished copper look pretty cool.

I'd agree that the bike looked blurdy uncomfortable to ride. I reckon it would be better with pull-back bars for a more laid-back ride. Riding in the shape of a paper-clip don't look like much fun to me.

Waylander
23rd July 2005, 01:45
Anyone get it on tape? I miss watchin those shows. Fun stuff if you like that style of bike (and I do)

MSTRS
23rd July 2005, 10:10
Damn i missed it too.. what did he do to it?
They took a perfectly useless & ugly HD and (would have) spent $47kUS making it worse.

ajturbo
23rd July 2005, 10:58
They took a perfectly useless & ugly HD and (would have) spent $47kUS making it worse.

you got it in one!!!!

BUT look beyond WHAT they did and

SEE what they did..

and how they did it,

mud boy was very impressed with the work going into the project...

NOT THE RESULT!
apart form the tank... copper tanks rule!!:Punk:

ajturbo
23rd July 2005, 11:01
a Quote from Jesse

: I just try to get into a daily groove. I eat well, work out at the gym as often as possible, and work 15 hours per day. I also constantly remind myself that nobody is going to hand me anything.

MSTRS
23rd July 2005, 11:22
you got it in one!!!!

BUT look beyond WHAT they did and

SEE what they did..

and how they did it,

mud boy was very impressed with the work going into the project...

NOT THE RESULT!
apart form the tank... copper tanks rule!!:Punk:
Yeah - gotta respect the talent etc but can't get past how that talent produces something so ridiculous.

ajturbo
23rd July 2005, 11:30
Yeah - gotta respect the talent etc but can't get past how that talent produces something so ridiculous.

not trying to defend them... but they only had a week to start/FINISH a project...
hell i take longer than that to take a piss...:whistle:

parsley
23rd July 2005, 14:36
Nice to see a group of old-timers having a bit of fun, but why is it that every one of these shows I've seen seems to turn out a bike that would look good at the head of a gay pride march? Fair enough that they bored out the engine and the fuel tank was nice, but what's with the shiny, glittering wheels and the leather studded seat?

Rusty
28th November 2005, 12:19
Does anyone know where i can get a frame built from scratch? Maybe in or near wellington?

SPORK
28th November 2005, 12:27
Does anyone know where i can get a frame built from scratch? Maybe in or near wellington?
Well...

West Coast Choppers actually sell frames. Not much use to you though, sadly...

Anyway, I think that OCC make far better choppers that WCC. They make some pretty good looking futuristic choppers, like the I, Robot bike, or the Liberty bike.

Waylander
28th November 2005, 12:45
Anyway, I think that OCC make far better choppers that WCC. They make some pretty good looking futuristic choppers, like the I, Robot bike, or the Liberty bike.
Building futuristic choppers by basing them on other peaples Ideas? Nah sorry.

Colapop
28th November 2005, 13:08
PM 'ezinnz' for local advice. He's likely to direct you to someone like 'Shotgun' both members here. I'm not sure that Shotgun (Dave) spends alot of time in here so it'd be better to email him rather than PM him. Shotgun in is Invercargill but has a very good deal on frames and build sets and seems very willing to help out with advice wherever needed. Shotgun can provde a basic frame for around $4000 from memory. Check Tradme. (Here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Cruiser/auction-38518125.htm))

ezinnz
2nd December 2005, 06:03

Dave is your Man (Shotgun). He'll build whatever you want rake/stretch etc and pretty much to whatever stage.

I got mine as an 'open space' frame. No mounts at all. He'll do a frame with mounts but would probably need the motor for his jig/build.

I rate his work. I've never had a problem with my frame. Good solid construction and his prices are great.

Are you on the Kapiti Coast?