PDA

View Full Version : Parking

HellRiderNz
24th January 2012, 22:00
Got A ticket from parking at the Tournament Parking in Newmarket, was said that I failed to display a parking receipt,
I am on a bike with no wind shield, and I am not about to start putting stickers on my bike so where the hell am I suppose to put a parking receipt on my bike?

Mungatoke Mad
24th January 2012, 22:16
I saw a Parking Dick giving a cop car a ticket outside the Lower Hutt District court today I wanted 2 spin around & get a photo but there was 2 much traffic at the time.It's nice 2 see their consistent :laugh:

hayd3n
24th January 2012, 22:20
i dont know what your council policy is
but in dunedin the policy is,if a motorcycle parks in a pay and display area the rider is supposed to purchase a ticket and keep it with them
if you get a parking infringement ticket, you can submit the pay and display ticket that you purchased to the council and prove you had paid ,
its kinda dumb and its a hassle ,
so i try and park in the designated areas where i can park all day

Berries
24th January 2012, 22:37
Got A ticket from parking at the Tournament Parking in Newmarket, was said that I failed to display a parking receipt,
I am on a bike with no wind shield, and I am not about to start putting stickers on my bike so where the hell am I suppose to put a parking receipt on my bike?
Had you paid?

HellRiderNz
24th January 2012, 22:39
No not paid the fine, im disputing it, I am also using a parking card

Gremlin
25th January 2012, 01:35
Uh... what sort of parking card? ie, did you have a legal right to park there, without conventional payment?

This thread discussed Tournaments change in policy a bit, one of the guys even spoke to Tournament: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/134982-Tournament-parking-now-charging-monthly-for-bikes-from-TOMORROW?highlight=tournament

I know there is also free on-street bike parking on Osborne St, between Broadway and Khyber Pass...

trustme
25th January 2012, 06:47
Be careful where you park in the new Elliot St motorcycle carpark. The lowlifes were giving tickets for bikes parked on the footpath, No markings other than the 2 signs which all the bikes were parked between. Gotta get that revenue somehow.

Voltaire
25th January 2012, 06:58
Got A ticket from parking at the Tournament Parking in Newmarket, was said that I failed to display a parking receipt, but do I care as I am HELLRIDER.....I eat traffic wardens for breakfast.....

I used to park in Tournament parking in the city at one tiem....their business model is betting you that you wont come back in time and they can coin it on towing fees. The towie would check every hour and put the vehicle wiper up so he could see without leaving the truck. From where I was working across the road it looked like he did a good trade...even more so if the ticket machine was not working ...kahching, kahching.
Do they have any Authority? not the Council as far as I'm aware....

Sliver
25th January 2012, 08:07
i dont know what your council policy is
but in dunedin the policy is,if a motorcycle parks in a pay and display area the rider is supposed to purchase a ticket and keep it with them
if you get a parking infringement ticket, you can submit the pay and display ticket that you purchased to the council and prove you had paid ,
its kinda dumb and its a hassle ,
so i try and park in the designated areas where i can park all day

i didnt know that cheers.