PDA

View Full Version : zzr250 exhaust

diss1dent
21st December 2003, 18:02
Hey guys, Just purchased my first bike, as per title. All and all I'm stoked with it, getting used to lean to turn is the hardest thing; but I'm sure I'll get used to it. First thing I want to do tho is to make it louder. Any free power would be well received :D but mainly I just want to hear it scream. From looking at it, it looks like the mufflers have catylic converters in them??? I'm guessing this becuase the exit holes are much smaller than the pipe size into the muffler. So I'm thinking of taking the muffler off and seeing If I ca gut it. Or will I jsut be wasting my time?

Cheers - Michael

130wide
21st December 2003, 19:44
Hi Michael, Good to see you brought quality(kawasaki), I would leave the exhasut as they are, you won't get any benifits from gutting the exhausts and when it comes time to trade up to a ZXR or ZX10R you'll have to fork out $$$$ to get new mufflers.
Wait till you get the bigger bike and put proper pipes on that. :2thumbsup

diss1dent
21st December 2003, 21:11
Yea, I was thinking that, to just get used to it and see if its my thing and then trade up, but to be honest the 250 seems pretty good eh, like 0 - 120 seems quick as, but I definetly notice it die around 140. Would a bigger bike hold the road much better? Because 150 on the zzr is like doing 250 in my gt4! Mind you I bet the performance will numben, I only bought it yesterday.

Cheers for the advice.

Slingshot
22nd December 2003, 08:20
like 0 - 120 seems quick as

You'll get used to the power of a 250 pretty damb quick, I've had mine for about 4 months now and already I long for a VTR1000.