PDA

View Full Version : Next Auckland based ride?

Crisis management
29th January 2012, 16:16
Now that I've recovered from the DB, my mind turns towards the next local / day ride, I can't go next weekend cause that's the Classic festival and a Riverhead trail ride and as the 640 is in recuperation mode for a wee while I'm riding the R80. That means nothing too extreme, gravel and dirt roads only and probably a more nana pace. :innocent:

As usual, I'm thinking of the west coast for a casual jaunt and time to tell lies and catch up at the pub, anyone interested in the next few weeks?

Other (polite) suggestions are welcome and seeing as I'm riding a nana bike it may well be considered newbie friendly. :shit:

Taz
29th January 2012, 16:19
Other (polite) suggestions are welcome. :shit:

I'll save you from further harm and take that old scarred 640 off your hands for $500 Iain.

Crisis management
29th January 2012, 18:22
I'll save you from further harm and take that old scarred 640 off your hands for $500 Iain.

Isn't it time you broke some other part of your body?

Those aren't scars, they are a legacy of great adventure, I'm not washing it for 6 months now so I can troll Ponsonby road and everyone will know I'm a real adventurer. :facepalm:

Motu
30th January 2012, 16:37
You could bring it on a BFTP ride - they are going to the lighthouse up the Awhitu next saturday....a shake down run for our 3 day Far North Adventure. I'm sure we could find some nice gravel roads up there...

Taz
30th January 2012, 18:38
What time are they heading out there Motu. Can I come?

Motu
30th January 2012, 19:22
We are meeting at Rangariri at 10.30am, going up SH22 to Puke and so on. Probably going through Waiuku 11.30 to 12.00....depending on how many Italian bikes turn up.

Taz
30th January 2012, 21:24
I've got a van and trailer if that helps :lol:

Crisis management
16th February 2012, 19:07
Right I have my shit together-ish....

Next saturday, not the one in two days the one after friday the 24th, I am ambling in the south westerly direction to Raglan via whatever gravel I can find, all and sundry most welcome to tag along....

I'm leaving BP papakura (the one on the southern motorway) at 9.00 am so look out for an elderly R80 (rust and red in colour) with me attached, probably aiming for Nikau caves for a late morning coffee then Raglan for a late lunch & beer at the pub. More gravel on the way back (one way by the coast, the other inland).

I'm riding Lurch so don't expect any speed records to be broken and, as usual, anyone with better ideas or suggestions is welcome to chip in.

Iain

dino3310
16th February 2012, 21:30
Bugga, im riding this weekend, will have the kids next weekend....
i could put em in the van and bring the tool kit and spares out to raglan for ya though:laugh:

trustme
17th February 2012, 19:49
Out , Working. Bugger.

Taz
17th February 2012, 22:16
Me working too.....

Padmei
18th February 2012, 07:04
Work? What is this work thing you speak of?

.chris
18th February 2012, 07:29
I will be busy saving up brownie points for the RRRR.

Cary
18th February 2012, 14:18
Can't make it either, but can you make the ride Sunday as I have to transport something Sat and don't want it to be wet......:shifty:

Motu
18th February 2012, 15:16
I might hide in the bushes to watch a lone BMW go by.

Crisis management
18th February 2012, 17:14
Can't make it either, but can you make the ride Sunday as I have to transport something Sat and don't want it to be wet......:shifty:

Ha, last time I managed to make it snow, I can almost guarantee a cyclone for next saturday. :eek5:

I might hide in the bushes to watch a lone BMW go by.

Sounds about right Motu, no mates........

I'll have to give Brent a chase up and go and visit his new house instead. :facepalm: