PDA

View Full Version : Bike rental in Wellington?

BurningPlastic
1st February 2012, 13:28
My Dad is coming to visit and we're planning on a bike trip either out from Wellington or across the top of the South Island. Does anyone have a recommendation on where he could hire a bike for maybe a week or so (including luggage).

He would prefer something fairly upright with a relatively high seat (like a BMW adventure bike for example) as he's around 6'4"+. He normally rides a Norton Commando.

As an aside, I'm looking for some panniers and a tank bag for myself if anyone has any lying around unused...

Cheers,

Dan.

BurningPlastic
2nd February 2012, 21:13
I did do a search through old posts before I started this thread, but didn't find much of use (including the post in December). If anyone has any ideas then I would be very interested.

Cheers,

D.

Paul in NZ
3rd February 2012, 06:50
I don't think anyone rents out bikes here any more?

White trash
3rd February 2012, 11:08
I'll do a buy back deal if you like? Can't do a hire as such though.

BurningPlastic
3rd February 2012, 13:48
I'll do a buy back deal if you like? Can't do a hire as such though.

Could you PM me with an example of what kind of deal you might be able to do?

I'd also be interested if anyone has a second hand bike around that they'd be willing to let go cheap - anything warranted until mid/late march would do fine as long as it could handle a couple of weeks of riding - it doesn't need to be on the road longer than that (after my Dad leaves it can go off the road until I have time to do a proper overhaul or sell it on).