PDA

View Full Version : Ex Army Wanting to join the NZ airforce?

davidkemp
2nd February 2012, 11:03
Hi there My names Dave I'm a biker from West Auckland, I joined the NZ army when i was 17 and passed out through basic and went to train in depot company in Burnham, 2 months into it i broke my knee in a field ex whist slamming into a rock in a training assault in tekapo. My ex girlfriend was having a baby and so i decided to MD 717. I found out a few months later that the baby wasn't mine and she was sleeping around... Anyhow I decided to re-enlist and the recruiters came back to me telling me they couldn't re-enlist me because I hadn't even passed basic which isn't true because I have the video of me marching out!. So I've decided to try for the Air Force as all else has failed and was wondering if my invalid military record would effect this in anyway as I was not charged at all whilst in the army and If there is anything I can do to correct this record? cheers.

BigAl
2nd February 2012, 12:57
Get an R1.......... then you'll start flying.

JustNick
2nd February 2012, 14:05
How long have you been out for? And tell the recruiters to sort their shite out and find your proper records! Did you not receive a record of service when you left? I forgot what the little book is called.

Lots of changes going on DF wide at the moment so it might pay to talk to someone who is currently serving to gauge whether you want to get back in or not.

Flip
2nd February 2012, 15:59
If they think you didnt finish basic they will look sideways at you thats all.

I was in the dog box on day one when I tured up with too short a hair cut (navy).

FJRider
2nd February 2012, 17:24
You will need to fail the Air-force medical to be refused entry ...

davidkemp
2nd February 2012, 20:20
How long have you been out for? And tell the recruiters to sort their shite out and find your proper records! Did you not receive a record of service when you left? I forgot what the little book is called.

Lots of changes going on DF wide at the moment so it might pay to talk to someone who is currently serving to gauge whether you want to get back in or not.

ive been out since 2007

FJRider
2nd February 2012, 20:25
ive been out since 2007

If you've been "outed" ... perhaps ... the Navy is for you ... :innocent:

TrentNz
2nd February 2012, 21:07
you need level 2 NCEA now dont you?

jaffaonajappa
22nd February 2012, 10:06
Airforce won't accept HD riders.
Sell the HD and buy a Honda, then join the air farce, and become a lazy arse Sook.

Or keep your bike, rejoin Army, and take pride in working for a living.

JustNick
22nd February 2012, 11:55
Airforce won't accept HD riders.
Sell the HD and buy a Honda, then join the air farce, and become a lazy arse Sook.

Or keep your bike, rejoin Army, and take pride in working for a living.

Meh work hard in the Army or work smart in the Airforce.