PDA

View Full Version : How does this work?

MSTRS
2nd February 2012, 14:40
Need to renew rego on a bike.
AA won't, says it has not got a current WOF. It has.
And Carjam says it does.
Try Postshop. Nope - doesn't have a current WOF. It does.
And NZTA say it does.

Isn't the vehicle register the same database for every one?

James Deuce
2nd February 2012, 14:47
Is broke. Does happen. Hassle the hell out of all of them - politely. It will really wind them all up.

MSTRS
2nd February 2012, 14:50
Is broke. Does happen. Hassle the hell out of all of them - politely. It will really wind them all up.

How does one hassle the braindead?

"Compu-a says no. Coff!"

neels
2nd February 2012, 14:55
Do it online to avoid the braindead behind the counter completely. Then go back to aforementioned AA shop and ask for a reprint of your new licence label, the one they wouldn't let you get from them.

Scuba_Steve
2nd February 2012, 14:57
when does WOF expire??? they won't issue a vehicle licence in the last month, meaning that 6mth WOF you paid for is only good for 5mths

James Deuce
2nd February 2012, 14:57
How does one hassle the braindead?

"Compu-a says no. Coff!"

Get "written" proof, an email will suffice, from the ahencies that agree you have a WoF. Send it to the ones who don't. Do it every day for a week. Then twice a day for a week. Become jolly annoying uintil they just want to get rid of you. It's usually easier to say "yes" than "no" to achieve this.

MSTRS
2nd February 2012, 15:03
when does WOF expire??? they won't issue a vehicle licence in the last month, meaning that 6mth WOF you paid for is only good for 5mths

Wof expires in May this year.
Was on hold, got wof in November, then 3 mth rego. Just want another 3 mths
Still don't see why NZTA and Carjam record it as being current, when those dickhead agencies say it isn't...

2nd February 2012, 15:04

Weird. I have exactly 15 days before my WOF expires and I got my 3 mnths Reg today at the Testing Station. What gives? :confused:

Scuba_Steve
2nd February 2012, 15:07
Wof expires in May this year.
Was on hold, got wof in November, then 3 mth rego. Just want another 3 mths
Still don't see why NZTA and Carjam record it as being current, when those dickhead agencies say it isn't...

just do it online or if it's for the bike, take it in and show them :yes: probably get up the queue faster too :devil2:

Scuba_Steve
2nd February 2012, 15:10
Weird. I have exactly 15 days before my WOF expires and I got my 3 mnths Reg today at the Testing Station. What gives? :confused:

that is weird. I keep getting told "they [NZTA] won't allow us to issue them in the last 28days as too many people just licence their cars and don't get WOF's" admittedly this was also my intention but I don't round telling them so.

MSTRS
2nd February 2012, 15:10
hXc was having the problem. He reports it is finally sorted.
Will let you know when I know how...

Zamiam
2nd February 2012, 15:22
This is yet another example of the fucked up thinking of the recent university graduates making decisions that affect our lives. It's illegal to drive a vehicle on the road without BOTH a current WOF and current Registration - why would the issuing of one be dependent on the other?

Answer - lets make life as difficult as possible for the people who pay our wages. I wonder how many people who have had tickets for no WOF and No Rego because they can't register without a WOF and can't get a WOF for some reason e.g. can't get to garage, garage busy etc. etc. More UNJUSTIFIABLE REVENUE COLLECTION!

davereid
2nd February 2012, 15:25
Strange idea.

I always have a WOF. But don't bother with the rego.

Zamiam
2nd February 2012, 15:29
that is weird. I keep getting told "they [NZTA] won't allow us to issue them in the last 28days as too many people just licence their cars and don't get WOF's" admittedly this was also my intention but I don't round telling them so.

So now you'll drive/ride without either - $250 x 2 fines instead of 1 lot. Not condoning what you are doing and personally would never knowingly ride/drive without a WOF as it is my life at risk and I believe and support the idea behind WOF which is to make sure my vehcile is fit for purpose. Registration, never not had it, but this one is a TAX plain and simple, has no safety related issue/merit.

MrKiwi
2nd February 2012, 18:31
the motor vehicle register is the same and is updated daily so you should not have had this problem. Did you try registering online? I've swapped to doing all my rego's online these days, saves having to talk to people:brick:. Still doesn't excuse the system for the problems you were having though...

scumdog
2nd February 2012, 18:39
So now you'll drive/ride without either - $250 x 2 fines instead of 1 lot. Not condoning what you are doing and personally would never knowingly ride/drive without a WOF as it is my life at risk and I believe and support the idea behind WOF which is to make sure my vehcile is fit for purpose. Registration, never not had it, but this one is a TAX plain and simple, has no safety related issue/merit.

$250 for no WOF and $250 for no Reg? $500?

Boy have I ever been undercharging...:shifty:

On the other hand if you mean a combined total cost of $250 - then I've been overcharging..<_< :devil2:

Zamiam
3rd February 2012, 06:08
$250 for no WOF and $250 for no Reg? $500?

Boy have I ever been undercharging...:shifty:

On the other hand if you mean a combined total cost of $250 - then I've been overcharging..<_< :devil2:

Shit I was under the impression it was 250 each.

cs363
3rd February 2012, 06:53

Nah, Scummy gives discount to KB members because he lurves them soooo much! :lol:

superman
3rd February 2012, 07:14

You get demerits for no rego now though which is far more incentive for me than the monetary fines. Because not paying into the insurance fund puts 'irresponsibility' points on your license. That and in Auckland I manage to run into 'rego checks' at least 3 times per year.

MSTRS
3rd February 2012, 07:17
the motor vehicle register is the same and is updated daily so you should not have had this problem.
Exactly what I thought...

Did you try registering online?
Need a CC for that

Is sorted, but have no idea how. Perhaps NZTA (via phone) simply instructed the drone at NZ Post to issue the reg?

MSTRS
3rd February 2012, 07:20
You get demerits for no rego now though which is far more incentive for me than the monetary fines. Because not paying into the insurance fund puts 'irresponsibility' points on your license.

Nah. It's in the name of safety.
If you haven't paid your reg, then McSac hasn't got your $30 and we're all in so much more danger because of that...

Scuba_Steve
3rd February 2012, 07:55

WOF is nothing more than a tax too. I pay my fair share on the road as such I am forced to pay the tax for a WOF once a year too, but there is 6mths of every year when I am eligible for the 200$ donut fund.

MSTRS
3rd February 2012, 08:10
WOF is nothing more than a tax too. I pay my fair share on the road as such I am forced to pay the tax for a WOF once a year too, but there is 6mths of every year when I am eligible for the 200$ donut fund.

Wof's are expensive, but a tax? Is going to the doctor for regular health check a tax?

Scuba_Steve
3rd February 2012, 08:58
Wof's are expensive, but a tax? Is going to the doctor for regular health check a tax?

It would be if I was forced to go every 6mths regardless of health & then to have them miss &/ ignore serious faults while pointing out minor ones which have nothing to do with my health

MSTRS
3rd February 2012, 09:07
I'm sorry Mr Scuba, you fail your health check because you have the wrong colour shoe laces? Your anterior aortic valve is shagged, but no worries...

Not really the same thing tho, is it?

Swoop
3rd February 2012, 15:37
Simply because your wof is still "current".

Strange idea. I always have a WOF. But don't bother with the rego.
Agreed. A far simpler system.