PDA

View Full Version : What's my bike worth?

jaymzw
3rd February 2012, 00:23
Hey guys,

I've got an 06 GSXR600, bought it de-reged after a minor bin and fixed it up over a couple of years. It was not an insurance write off. It's now at the point where all it is missing is the inner fairing guard ($20 piece) and is ready to go for a re-vin. I don't have any pictures on my laptop but it's had a full respray in Blue and White, although I left it de-stickered. Its done about 15,000 km's from memory.

The only problem I have is I've visited family here in Perth and decided i'm not coming back home. So obviously i need a bike here (hence why i need to, regrettably, sell the Gixxer.) I want to know what KB thinks it would be worth on TM, given it needs to go through the re-vin process so I can put a price on it

James

SMOKEU
3rd February 2012, 00:26
I'd say between $5k-$6k. Buying a previously crash damaged and written off bike often makes people nervous and the risk of expensive repairs is too high to justify a high price.

If you could manage to get it road legal again it would sell for around $8k.

jaymzw
3rd February 2012, 00:29
I'd say between $5k-$6k. Buying a previously crash damaged and written off bike often makes people nervous and the risk of expensive repairs is too high to justify a high price.

Should have said was mostly cosmetic damage, but yeah, get your point :(

Oblivion
3rd February 2012, 00:29
Revinned and up to date, around 7.5-8.5k.

In its current state, maybe around 6.5-7k?

onearmedbandit
3rd February 2012, 01:35
Revinned and up to date, around 7.5-8.5k.

In its current state, maybe around 6.5-7k?

Here's an '08 done 18km, guy is willing to take 8.5k.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-442044583.htm

This guy obviously loves his bike because at $12k he'll be keeping it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-441278677.htm

I reckon it's worth 7 to 7.5 revinned, maybe up 6 in it's current state depending on how much expense there is in putting it back on the road.

But I'm just a car dealer.

javawocky
3rd February 2012, 11:33
I payed a little over $8k for my k7 which had a bin damaging much of the left hand plastics. Difference was it had one 6000 k's and came with a race fairing which wasn't used.

Bought most of the replacement bits of trademe but haven't bothered to replace it yet as I am fat and lazy :yawn:

kiwifruit
3rd February 2012, 11:35
6500 .

nodrog
3rd February 2012, 11:54
$4769.03

tigertim20
3rd February 2012, 13:29
id say 6500-7250, with a vin.

DR650gary
3rd February 2012, 18:03
it's had a full respray in Blue and White, although I left it de-stickered.

Anyone here paid a fair price for a resprayed bike? :innocent:

You never know what's under that paint and even a top job, not original, raises my eyebrows.

Try to get the stickers on it, you must have a mate somewhere, although...we all know now :laugh:

Cheers

jaymzw
4th February 2012, 16:01
Anyone here paid a fair price for a resprayed bike? :innocent:

You never know what's under that paint and even a top job, not original, raises my eyebrows.

Try to get the stickers on it, you must have a mate somewhere, although...we all know now :laugh:

Cheers

Not something I'm worried about hiding. Bugger all was changed on it apart from the fairings. Besides, it's not a Gixxer till it's been crashed anyway right? :innocent: I think I'll put it on for 7k and hope for 6500. Bikes here are about the same as in NZ but Australian dollars so relatively more expensive. For this reason I need to have about 12k to get something similar to what I had.
I miss riding :(

DR650gary
4th February 2012, 16:53
Not something I'm worried about hiding. Bugger all was changed on it apart from the fairings. Besides, it's not a Gixxer till it's been crashed anyway right? :innocent: I think I'll put it on for 7k and hope for 6500. Bikes here are about the same as in NZ but Australian dollars so relatively more expensive. For this reason I need to have about 12k to get something similar to what I had.
I miss riding :(

Surely it can't cost $5.5k to get the bike to Perth.

jaymzw
4th February 2012, 17:24
Surely it can't cost $5.5k to get the bike to Perth.
Didn't look at it too closely. Workmate looked at bringing over his R33 and it was gonna cost him 8k. Taxes here are criminal to import stuff unfortunately

onearmedbandit
4th February 2012, 21:21
Didn't look at it too closely. Workmate looked at bringing over his R33 and it was gonna cost him 8k. Taxes here are criminal to import stuff unfortunately

Surely there must be more but Taurus Logistics (http://www.tauruslogistics.co.nz/shipping/car/australia) reckon on motorcycles there is 0% duty and 10% GST. You have to be living in Australia before they will approve it and then you need to pay $50 AUD for an import permit. Have you owned the bike for at least 12mths?

jaymzw
4th February 2012, 23:50
Surely there must be more but Taurus Logistics (http://www.tauruslogistics.co.nz/shipping/car/australia) reckon on motorcycles there is 0% duty and 10% GST. You have to be living in Australia before they will approve it and then you need to pay $50 AUD for an import permit. Have you owned the bike for at least 12mths?

Well bugger me! There's some information I didn't know! I have owned it for more than a year yes. Thanks for that :laugh: There may be hope yet!

Conquiztador
6th February 2012, 09:33
You need a job and an address in OZ. Once that is sorted you can bring the bike in as per earlier poster stated. Not sure what the VIN process is in OZ, but might pay to get her through the system in NZ before taking her to Oz. Then again, it might be no problem. But might pay to check it first.