PDA

View Full Version : Ebay turned up a rough diamond in the exhaust department

98tls
3rd February 2012, 16:14
Been looking about for awhile for some cans to use on a 2/2 same sided exhaust,stumbled across this today so snapped it up,needs a bit of work and will change it a tad but :woohoo:over the moon to find it.

slowpoke
3rd February 2012, 19:29
Quit it Mike, just farkin' quit it wouldya!!!

I'm sick to farkin' death of you making me feel like shit for not making more (any!) progress with my TLR project. Haha, nah good to see ya having fun with it mate, go hard!

onearmedbandit
3rd February 2012, 19:33
Nice Mike, well done. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the freight etc?

tigertim20
3rd February 2012, 20:07
nice find!, I could easily go bankrupt from all the shit I see on Ebay I like

willytheekid
3rd February 2012, 20:19
:gob:that is gonna look AWESOME!!!
:Punk:

98tls
3rd February 2012, 20:40
Nice Mike, well done. If you don't mind me asking, how much was the freight etc?

$125 US mate which is less than i thought it would be to be honest.It needs work,theres a pin hole and crack to be welded up but some TLC and i think it will come up ok,its certainly different and rare as rocking horse poo so a must have i reckon.

onearmedbandit
3rd February 2012, 21:14
I jumped onto ebay straight after I read your thread as I've just disabled the SET valve in the factory system, and as suggested to me last night maybe it's time for a full system. The factory headers and midpipe are titanium but they still are the factory system, so there's room for improvement with an full Akrapovic or Yoshi set up. Couldn't find anything today though.

98tls
3rd February 2012, 23:02
I jumped onto ebay straight after I read your thread as I've just disabled the SET valve in the factory system, and as suggested to me last night maybe it's time for a full system. The factory headers and midpipe are titanium but they still are the factory system, so there's room for improvement with an full Akrapovic or Yoshi set up. Couldn't find anything today though.

I am always on there,rather that than watch TV,if i come across anything will let you know.

98tls
3rd February 2012, 23:05

I'm sick to farkin' death of you making me feel like shit for not making more (any!) progress with my TLR project. Haha, nah good to see ya having fun with it mate, go hard!

Her indoors has had enough..really:facepalm:this wasnt in the budget but they rarely come up so managed to persuade her it was a must have:laugh:had to cook dinner and it seems i am on dinner duty for awhile yet.:pinch:

onearmedbandit
3rd February 2012, 23:36
I am always on there,rather that than watch TV,if i come across anything will let you know.

Cheers mate! :Punk:

saul
4th February 2012, 08:40
Her indoors has had enough..really:facepalm:this wasnt in the budget but they rarely come up so managed to persuade her it was a must have:laugh:had to cook dinner and it seems i am on dinner duty for awhile yet.:pinch:

Ha still thats a small price to pay mate:yes:

They are gonna look good once you worked some magic on them. Wonder what they are gonna sound like?

Drew
4th February 2012, 08:54
I jumped onto ebay straight after I read your thread as I've just disabled the SET valve in the factory system, and as suggested to me last night maybe it's time for a full system. The factory headers and midpipe are titanium but they still are the factory system, so there's room for improvement with an full Akrapovic or Yoshi set up. Couldn't find anything today though.Give Ray Clee a bell, there's a chance he'd still have some Yoshi systems lying around. K4 ones will fit your bike too.

Brian Bernard had some extra bits lying around from his K4s too come to think of it, Billy would be the man to contact on that front.

98tls
4th February 2012, 09:13
Ha still thats a small price to pay mate:yes:

They are gonna look good once you worked some magic on them. Wonder what they are gonna sound like?

Shouldnt be much different to what i have,its still 2 cans eh,will see how it goes but already thinking of ditching the cans and putting 2 smaller ones on there,then again if it costs money i dont fancy my chances of getting any:laugh:Had a look round on the puter and found a few pics of the thing (very similar) mounted on a TL back in the day.

onearmedbandit
4th February 2012, 09:13
Give Ray Clee a bell, there's a chance he'd still have some Yoshi systems lying around. K4 ones will fit your bike too.

Brian Bernard had some extra bits lying around from his K4s too come to think of it, Billy would be the man to contact on that front.

Cheers drew. Care to pm me some contact details if you can?

Crasherfromwayback
4th February 2012, 09:30

Bob Toomey has (or had) a full genuine Yoshi TLR1000 race kit I believe. He may well part with it. He's in Tauranga now days I think. I may be able to track him down if you'd like something like that mate.

98tls
4th February 2012, 09:40
Bob Toomey has (or had) a full genuine Yoshi TLR1000 race kit I believe. He may well part with it. He's in Tauranga now days I think. I may be able to track him down if you'd like something like that mate.

If Slowpoke doesnt want it i know a few that will mate.:shifty:

Crasherfromwayback
4th February 2012, 09:52
If Slowpoke doesnt want it i know a few that will mate.:shifty:

lol. If I had a TLR1000 I'd certainly be wanting it! I need a breathalyzer on my home puta. It'd stop me spending thousands on Ebay.

98tls
4th February 2012, 09:57
lol. If I had a TLR1000 I'd certainly be wanting it! I need a breathalyzer on my home puta. It'd stop me spending thousands on Ebay.

Simple enough to mount it on an S as well,you just have to get a bit clever with the oil cooler.My Mrs has threatened "any more and i am ringing Telecom and your internet is gone":facepalm::laugh:Thought after painting the house i might have brownie points to burn but seems not.:no:

Crasherfromwayback
4th February 2012, 10:03
Yeah I keep hoarding stuff for my vintage RM. Scored a NOS crank assembly the other day for $300.00US. Pretty chuffed with that though.

Mental Trousers
4th February 2012, 10:37
Simple enough to mount it on an S as well,you just have to get a bit clever with the oil cooler.My Mrs has threatened "any more and i am ringing Telecom and your internet is gone":facepalm::laugh:Thought after painting the house i might have brownie points to burn but seems not.:no:

Well you know what you have to do don't you?? Suck it up, drop your pants and give her a good seeing to like she hasn't had for years. It'll be an open limit on the credit card until the hormones are flushed out of her system :lol:

Crasherfromwayback
4th February 2012, 10:48
Well you know what you have to do don't you?? Suck it up, drop your pants and give her a good seeing to like she hasn't had for years. It'll be an open limit on the credit card until the hormones are flushed out of her system :lol:

I've tried that. Whilst it's fun...it doesn't work.

98tls
4th February 2012, 10:53

:laugh:her reply to that "by all means but at the rate bike parts turn up at our place delivered by fit young courier drivers sooner or later i might start getting ideas about getting it like i havent had for years":laugh::shit:

onearmedbandit
4th February 2012, 13:57
:laugh:her reply to that "by all means but at the rate bike parts turn up at our place delivered by fit young courier drivers sooner or later i might start getting ideas about getting it like i havent had for years":laugh::shit:

Have them delivered to a mates house, that'll fix her.

98tls
4th February 2012, 17:43
Have them delivered to a mates house, that'll fix her.

Ive done that in the past,then once the dickhead turned up whilst i was out with a parcel of bling off Ebay.:facepalm::laugh:Came home to many questions:laugh:

saul
4th February 2012, 17:51
Ive done that in the past,then once the dickhead turned up whilst i was out with a parcel of bling off Ebay.:facepalm::laugh:Came home to many questions:laugh:

Bummer man, thats a bit dim:shit:.

I get most of my stuff sent to my work address not because of my partner but because my boxer fecking hates the courier drivers:facepalm:

I should have a nice CF hugger waiting for me at work but I will have to fab up some mounts for it. :wings:

98tls
4th February 2012, 18:03
Bummer man, thats a bit dim:shit:.

I get most of my stuff sent to my work address not because of my partner but because my boxer fecking hates the courier drivers:facepalm:

I should have a nice CF hugger waiting for me at work but I will have to fab up some mounts for it. :wings:

Pics eh.Why not just mount it and mark the holes from the old pooper scoop and drill.

FJRider
4th February 2012, 18:46

Is there a downside to that .... ??? :innocent:

You get what you want ... She gets what she wants ...

Win-win all round I reckon ... :yes: (more energy left for fitting the stuff too :shifty: )

saul
4th February 2012, 18:50
Pics eh.Why not just mount it and mark the holes from the old pooper scoop and drill.

Yeh man mines a jap import so I dont think it had that nasty unit:sunny:

I'm wondering what to do with the six potter I got from ebay? The pads will be like $180 for what I want:shifty: I might just put them on trade me as I'm getting some good results with what I have on board:love: what d you reackon?
Some of the K7 forks from ebay look bloody tempting to.

Sorry about the hi jack Mike

98tls
4th February 2012, 19:06

I'm wondering what to do with the six potter I got from ebay? The pads will be like $180 for what I want:shifty: I might just put them on trade me as I'm getting some good results with what I have on board:love: what d you reackon?

Na mate dont be sorry,if its about a TL then bring it on.What about selling them on one of the TL sites?I went with the K5 forks purely because they were so simple to fit,they came with later model calipers which was a bonus i guess,in saying that whats involved with the K7s? is it just shims and spacers or top triple etc.

mossy1200
4th February 2012, 19:33
LOL i turned you into a Ebay slave.Nice score

98tls
4th February 2012, 20:25
LOL i turned you into a Ebay slave.Nice score

:laugh:yea cheers for that.(i think:facepalm:):laugh:

FJRider
4th February 2012, 20:37
:laugh:yea cheers for that.(i think:facepalm:):laugh:

You don't seem to have much ELSE to do in the evenings ... :innocent:

Just need to work harder to afford it ... :yes:

98tls
4th February 2012, 21:12
You don't seem to have much ELSE to do in the evenings ... :innocent:

Just need to work harder to afford it ... :yes:

:laugh:Set to continue awhile methinks:mellow:

mossy1200
4th February 2012, 21:53
:laugh:Set to continue awhile methinks:mellow:

As the addiction grows you will need work longer hours to afford to feed it.This will lead to a balance in the FORCE where your time on Ebay is reduced due to longer work hours.Eventually your bike will become over accessorised and you will be able add no more.You will then sell it at a huge loss and give up riding for 3 weeks before you go into midlife crisis and buy a Harley.

FJRider
5th February 2012, 02:22
As the addiction grows you will need work longer hours to afford to feed it.This will lead to a balance in the FORCE where your time on Ebay is reduced due to longer work hours.Eventually your bike will become over accessorised and you will be able add no more.You will then sell it at a huge loss and give up riding for 3 weeks before you go into midlife crisis and buy a Harley.

Then ... begin AGAIN :facepalm:

Drew
5th February 2012, 09:19

Be different, chuck a whole big piston fork front end in it!

Suzuki have a very cool feature, press the steering stem out of the bottom triple clamp from the TL, it'll press straight into the gixxer clamp and bolt together.

98tls
9th February 2012, 17:43
Sick of waiting for this thing to turn up i went surfing until i found what i was after,took a while:confused:but methinks thats the same system (pretty much) back in the day,love it and if it looks as good on mine i will leave it unchanged.

98tls
20th February 2012, 07:29
:woohoo:Turned up today,is in need of a few hours polishing and some TLC but all in all pretty good,am going to take the cans to bits and re pack as i was surprised how much shorter they are than the 2 bros cans i have on the oem system which i would assume will mean there loud and i dont want em to loud.Annoyingly the springs to join it up were missing but no biggie.

Taz
20th February 2012, 07:48
You sir have an illness....... :lol:

98tls
20th February 2012, 07:50
You sir have an illness....... :lol:

The way the Mrs is carrying on it could prove to be a terminal one:facepalm:

98tls
20th February 2012, 15:18
Made some progress this afternoon.

mossy1200
20th February 2012, 16:36
Nice .Are you tempted to put carbon sleaves on when you repack them?
They look in better nick than from the ebay photos,must be Mothers polish.

98tls
20th February 2012, 17:42
Nice .Are you tempted to put carbon sleaves on when you repack them?
They look in better nick than from the ebay photos,must be Mothers polish.

Yea there not bad,had the split in the Y pipe (small) welded today.Ive used a few things on them,the headers etc have come up a treat but am having problems getting the cans right,there old so might be as good as i can get them.Yep thought about Carbon but undecided,would have to be good Carbon otherwise this old thing will just blow em to bits,was sitting there today even thinking of losing the Y pipe to 2 cans and going with 1,dunno will keep on cleaning it up and maybe throw it on there over the winter and see what i think,the cans are not to bad as there shorter and smaller than the 2 bros i have at the moment so they might look ok.

98tls
22nd February 2012, 14:22
Ended up putting the polisher away and resorting to elbow grease,about an hour of Autosol bought the bottom can right,hopefully it shows up in the pic.Plenty more hours to go methinks but at least i am getting a result.

FJRider
22nd February 2012, 14:37
The way the Mrs is carrying on it could prove to be a terminal one:facepalm:

Not terminal (although you may wish it was)... she wont want you getting off so lucky.

98tls
22nd February 2012, 14:51
Not terminal (although you may wish it was)... she wont want you getting off so lucky.

Yea i see your point.Dont supposed she will be to happy to see it on the kitchen bench when she comes in from work:pinch:funny lot really,a bloke would walk in and say "wow thats looking way better" but a women "get that fucking thing off my bench":brick:Which reminds me better knock it on the head for the day and get cooking dinner or there will be hell to pay.

FJRider
22nd February 2012, 15:01
http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_portfolio/25000-29999/28742/800/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_894947.jpg

98tls
4th March 2012, 16:58
Got busy with this exhaust today,went well except i will have to make a new bracket to mount cans to as the one i have will smash the hugger to bits:bash:Sounds a treat and still havent repacked cans which will make it sound even better.TLSs are well known for stripping the front header bolts when you go to take em out and was well chuffed they came out with no problems.

98tls
4th March 2012, 17:02
Its sitting 40mm further back from where it will when mounted with bracket,looks to long at the moment,still not sure if i am keeping the cans or going with something smaller,will get it finished and go from there.

saul
4th March 2012, 18:11
Its looking pretty good mate:2thumbsup did you do a sound clip?

By the time you have finished getting it sorted I'm sure it will be super nice

Crasherfromwayback
5th March 2012, 05:49
Looking good! Time for a new back tyre though?

98tls
5th March 2012, 15:17
Looking good! Time for a new back tyre though?

No mate its not that old,just pics up dust on the garage floor which makes it look like its just finished a "fucked me back tyre burnout".:wacko:

Crasherfromwayback
5th March 2012, 15:18
No mate its not that old,just pics up dust on the garage floor which makes it look like its just finished a "fucked me back tyre burnout".:wacko:

Yeah thought the dust footprint looked a bit wide!

98tls
5th March 2012, 15:20
After much mucking about made an executive decision today and decided i will take 80mm of each can,that i guess will make them a bit louder but i reckon i can negate that by putting some new muffler packing in,the thing sounded sweet when i started it up and was amazed today to find no packing in the cans,it wasnt overly loud at all.

98tls
5th March 2012, 15:32
A bit of photochop says it will look a bit like this with the cut down cans,would love to go buy something like carbon M4s and stick them on the but $ tight.May do down the track...

Crasherfromwayback
5th March 2012, 15:34
Nice one! I reckon that's the best colour they ever built the TLS in too.

98tls
6th March 2012, 17:33

Sometimes i like it sometimes i hate it,its particulary digusting 1st thing in the morning when you stick your head out of your tent feeling like shite at a rally,skinful of Bourbon and then looking at that in Lamb shite yellow...:rolleyes:

Crasherfromwayback
6th March 2012, 17:37
Sometimes i like it sometimes i hate it,its particulary digusting 1st thing in the morning when you stick your head out of your tent feeling like shite at a rally,skinful of Bourbon and then looking at that in Lamb shite yellow...:rolleyes:

Chartreuse perhaps!?

tigertim20
6th March 2012, 17:59

snot green, its more of a yellow?

the photoshop mockup looks pretty good!

Crasherfromwayback
6th March 2012, 18:13
snot green, its more of a yellow?

the photoshop mockup looks pretty good!

It's definately a metallic sorta green in most lights I reckon. But I'm sure it has some yellow in it.

98tls
6th March 2012, 18:28
Has a Silver base then then next coat is a watery yellow,with each coat of clear it goes darker/greener.Suzukis name for it was Candy Jade Lime Yellow,its a real pox to match that i can promise you.

98tls
20th March 2012, 20:42
Done/finished etc,was going to buy some other cans but after living with these awhile am happy to leave them be...for now.

mossy1200
20th March 2012, 20:50
Thats looking flash.was never to much a tl fan other than the great midrange grunt.But yours idd be very happy to own.

Makes you wonder if a bloke in Oamaru can make 2 wheel art why cant the factory make them that way also.

98tls
20th March 2012, 21:29
Thats looking flash.was never to much a tl fan other than the great midrange grunt.But yours idd be very happy to own.

Makes you wonder if a bloke in Oamaru can make 2 wheel art why cant the factory make them that way also.

"Flash" Dont say "flash" mate if i wanted that i would have gone down the local dealer and written a cheque...some say that these days new bikes come with a little micro-chip that you plug into your helmet and :gob:just like that you are able to treat 200hp sportsbikes with utter contempt and laugh at Carl Fogartys lack of ability as you hear the latest offering from Ducati pleading for mercy between your legs.