PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help out?

mossy1200
4th February 2012, 12:16
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=445915978

any idea what its worth if anything and have any history of these?

MIXONE
4th February 2012, 12:22
A mate had one back in the early 70's.It was a horrible POS.

slofox
4th February 2012, 12:26
Ermm...not for me thanks all the same.

merv
4th February 2012, 12:27
Have a look at this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/95519-Anyone-know-about-N-Zettas

(http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/95519-Anyone-know-about-N-Zettas)For a scooter I think they weren't really a POS, but clearly didn't compare to a motorcycle.

Ender EnZed
4th February 2012, 12:29
He's asking too much for it.

FJRider
4th February 2012, 12:41
I'm sure there is a Christchurch member that has/had one ...

XRVrider
4th February 2012, 16:50
That one is a 502, single exhaust and better engine than the 501. The 501 was first sold in 61 in NZ, and 502 from either 62 or 63.

Be nice to know how bad that rust is underneath, but I guess there is already plenty of welding to do. Reckon if you can get it for $500, you'd be doing well, but this could go for over a grand. You can get all the parts from Europe, manuals, parts links and info can be got off www.saveass.com. They deffo not a POS.

Just took the one I have nearly restored from worse condition, round the block... went great, quite quick and same running gear as a motorbike, clutch, gears, secondary chain (brake and gear levers in same place as bike) etc... Good fun to ride and could be a daily bike if you really wanted. If you are thinking about buying it to do it up, go for it, get stuck in, they are a one of a kind and they look great/weird/ugly (depending).

Unless it has had an engine transplant from different machine, its a 175cc. No matter what people think or say, from standard they were never made for production as anything but a 175cc engine, whether one exhaust or two (either model).

Hope that helps a bit.

mossy1200
4th February 2012, 17:35
That one is a 502, single exhaust and better engine than the 501. The 501 was first sold in 61 in NZ, and 502 from either 62 or 63.

Be nice to know how bad that rust is underneath, but I guess there is already plenty of welding to do. Reckon if you can get it for $500, you'd be doing well, but this could go for over a grand. You can get all the parts from Europe, manuals, parts links and info can be got off www.saveass.com. They deffo not a POS.

Just took the one I have nearly restored from worse condition, round the block... went great, quite quick and same running gear as a motorbike, clutch, gears, secondary chain (brake and gear levers in same place as bike) etc... Good fun to ride and could be a daily bike if you really wanted. If you are thinking about buying it to do it up, go for it, get stuck in, they are a one of a kind and they look great/weird/ugly (depending).

Unless it has had an engine transplant from different machine, its a 175cc. No matter what people think or say, from standard they were never made for production as anything but a 175cc engine, whether one exhaust or two (either model).

Hope that helps a bit.

I mailed him to see if i can view it.Its not a auction so i guess he will take the first cash offer he likes might take the van and a few hundy with me.He hasnt responded yet so it may be gone already even.

98tls
4th February 2012, 17:47
Fwiw i think its so fugly its cool:woohoo:Great winter project if you can pick it up at the right price.

Mom
4th February 2012, 17:58
If you have the skills to tu-tu it back from near death, then grab it. It is not worth anything really. The less you pay the better, for restoring it will be a labour of love and then some. Its potential value could be quite good really, if you dont factor in your labour.

Fugly as all get out, but quite cute all the same.

Drew
4th February 2012, 18:05
You my friend need to talk to Spyda, (jellywrestler on here). He's got one of those, and knows all about them. He's got some extra bits there too, but dunno if he'd be keen to part with them.

He's a real good bastard and is always keen to help out. Flick him a PM and he'll shoot you straight.

Drew
4th February 2012, 18:06
I know another guy with one, now that I think about it. He'll have a motor available shortly too.

XRVrider
4th February 2012, 18:11
I mailed him to see if i can view it.Its not a auction so i guess he will take the first cash offer he likes might take the van and a few hundy with me.He hasnt responded yet so it may be gone already even.

Cool, yeah take dosh if you get the chance. If the body is not useable at all, its really hard to find a good replacement, but not impossible, just keep that in mind.

Know of a couple of guys restoring an NZeta at the mo, could be of help with left over parts/advice etc....

Am interested to see what happens here, keep us informed of the outcome mate. Good luck.

mossy1200
4th February 2012, 18:39
If you have the skills to tu-tu it back from near death, then grab it. It is not worth anything really. The less you pay the better, for restoring it will be a labour of love and then some. Its potential value could be quite good really, if you dont factor in your labour.

Fugly as all get out, but quite cute all the same.

automan6 is the most talented panel technician,painter and part time magician that i know.Ill be wiring new plugs and lights for him for years if I get this one.Wonder if he will notice this thread soon.

Drew
5th February 2012, 09:14
Cool, yeah take dosh if you get the chance. If the body is not useable at all, its really hard to find a good replacement, but not impossible, just keep that in mind.

I know where a brand spanking new one, never been put on a frame resides. But I dunno what the owner intends for it.

XRVrider
5th February 2012, 10:56
I know where a brand spanking new one, never been put on a frame resides. But I dunno what the owner intends for it.

You are referring to Mr Wrestler, he helped me with the ring around the headlight, tis a top bloke... and was lucky fecker with the new old stock body. Allan Cleaver is the CZ and Jawa parts guy, he has come up with all sorts for me, another top bloke.

A mate got a second hand body for $500 (i think) the other day, needs work, but should be fine. So parts are out there, just some are waay harder to find. The site http://aukro.cz/ has heaps of Cezeta parts on it, so you can buy from there and ship.

mossy1200
11th February 2012, 20:23
after trying to contact the guy several times he now has 1200 price tag and that more than i would spend so i think ill try find a 250 racer 4 stroke for the track and work on that for mini lites i think its called.

XRVrider
12th February 2012, 07:17
Yeah I reckon he is asking too much. I got both my NZetas' for under that and they were in way better nick than this. Still I guess value is different from person to person, he may sell it at that, but its possible the body is a write off, if so its worth $200-300. If he doesn't sell it, it'll turn to dust in the shed, shame.

mossy1200
12th February 2012, 08:39
Yeah I reckon he is asking too much. I got both my NZetas' for under that and they were in way better nick than this. Still I guess value is different from person to person, he may sell it at that, but its possible the body is a write off, if so its worth $200-300. If he doesn't sell it, it'll turn to dust in the shed, shame.

yeah i think so at 4 or 5 idd take the risk that could put plenty of hours in and end up with something special but 1200 is a bit more than i can afford to spend if it starts to need a new body shell and motor rebuild.Maybe it will hang around a while and he will change his expectations.

im starting to get racing bug again anyway.