PDA

View Full Version : Carbon wrap, anyone?

98tls
4th February 2012, 21:07
Yea its cheating i dont care:laugh:Will it work on a set of cans/is it easy enough to do yourself/if not who does it here in NZ?if it will work it would seem a cheap way to tidy up a set of old cans and at least they wont fall to bits as ive been advised a recent idea would.

mossy1200
4th February 2012, 22:08
cycleworks 049392925

they should send you the 2 fibre sleaves or repack and rebuild yours if you send them to them.

168 Eastern Hutt Rd
Lower Hutt

They repaired a second yoshi header,made custom midpipes to adapt a can they had made for me a year earlier and worked everything around new race rearsets I adapted from GSXR1000 k7 onto 1989 FZR1000 post classic.Very good workmanship.They even moved my oil cooler forward when they thought it was to close to headers.Nice prices also.

Moooools
5th February 2012, 08:29
cycleworks 049392925

they should send you the 2 fibre sleaves or repack and rebuild yours if you send them to them.

168 Eastern Hutt Rd
Lower Hutt

They repaired a second yoshi header,made custom midpipes to adapt a can they had made for me a year earlier and worked everything around new race rearsets I adapted from GSXR1000 k7 onto 1989 FZR1000 post classic.Very good workmanship.They even moved my oil cooler forward when they thought it was to close to headers.Nice prices also.

Cycleworks has closed down. Damon still works a bit from home however. Somewhere in the Akatas on the main road.

mossy1200
5th February 2012, 11:20
Cycleworks has closed down. Damon still works a bit from home however. Somewhere in the Akatas on the main road.

I didnt relise they had thats a shame.Was 3 years ago they did my system.They still in the last yellow pages did this just happen?

98tls
5th February 2012, 11:35
Cheers guys,will take the cans to bits when they turn up and repack if necessary,weld up the split in link and give it all a polish up.Could just paint the cans in a satin black or similar i guess.

The Lone Rider
5th February 2012, 12:33
Yea its cheating i dont care:laugh:Will it work on a set of cans/is it easy enough to do yourself/if not who does it here in NZ?if it will work it would seem a cheap way to tidy up a set of old cans and at least they wont fall to bits as ive been advised a recent idea would.

You've been going pretty hard at customizing lately!

98tls
5th February 2012, 15:07
You've been going pretty hard at customizing lately!

Once i get this exhaust sorted i am about done with the thing to be honest,spent far more on it than its worth or ever will be.Not that i will part with it i will just stop throwing money at it.:laugh:

mossy1200
5th February 2012, 15:29
Tui Moment

98tls
5th February 2012, 15:42
:laugh:Thats very good mate.:laugh:

The Lone Rider
5th February 2012, 15:54
Was thinking the same as Mossy.. just didn't vocalize it.

Very impressed with some of the stuff you've done, and was quite interested in the GSXR front fork swap you did.

98tls
5th February 2012, 17:20
Was thinking the same as Mossy.. just didn't vocalize it.

Very impressed with some of the stuff you've done, and was quite interested in the GSXR front fork swap you did.

Cheers.I enjoy having something a little bit different is all.Ive had this thing for a decade and still enjoy owning it,dont ride as much as i used to when younger so buying a new bike seems pointless,far better to tinker with this old girl.Each to there own eh.

slowpoke
5th February 2012, 17:27
Once i get this exhaust sorted i am about done with the thing to be honest,spent far more on it than its worth or ever will be.Not that i will part with it i will just stop throwing money at it.:laugh:

I dunno mate, where does it say ya can only change stuff once?

I'm thinking those funky....er, I mean ugly....disgusting, eyeball meltingly ugly, forged Carrozerria's don't do that beast justice. Time ya upgraded to some BST's or such like and sent those gorgeous, I mean shitty, very very shitty, forged rims to a less populated area to preserve the delicate eyesight of the young, elderly and infirm. I happen to live in such a place and and am willing to pay the shipping costs to remove the risk to public health. It's the least I can do.......

98tls
5th February 2012, 17:39
I dunno mate, where does it say ya can only change stuff once?

I'm thinking those funky....er, I mean ugly....disgusting, eyeball meltingly ugly, forged Carrozerria's don't do that beast justice. Time ya upgraded to some BST's or such like and sent those gorgeous, I mean shitty, very very shitty, forged rims to a less populated area to preserve the delicate eyesight of the young, elderly and infirm. I happen to live in such a place and and am willing to pay the shipping costs to remove the risk to public health. It's the least I can do.......

If i do you will be the first to know mate.:laugh:When your Mrs goes on Trade me and looks up the price TL1000s are going for then sits down and adds up what she knows you have spent on yours then adds a few thousand to cover the bits she knows you havent told her about and works out the things a bottomless pit thats worth fuck all it gets a bit hard to prise money out of her:laugh:I cant remember all ive bought for it over the years as ive bought stuff then not liked it so sold it etc,how many times have i heard "you bought one of those last year" or "its no different than the one you just sold but cost twice as much":laugh:Cant complain shes put up with it for a fair old while.:blink:I plan on doing a good job with this exhaust set up and thats about it,really.

saul
5th February 2012, 18:49
If i do you will be the first to know mate.:laugh:When your Mrs goes on Trade me and looks up the price TL1000s are going for then sits down and adds up what she knows you have spent on yours then adds a few thousand to cover the bits she knows you havent told her about and works out the things a bottomless pit thats worth fuck all it gets a bit hard to prise money out of her:laugh:I cant remember all ive bought for it over the years as ive bought stuff then not liked it so sold it etc,how many times have i heard "you bought one of those last year" or "its no different than the one you just sold but cost twice as much":laugh:Cant complain shes put up with it for a fair old while.:blink:I plan on doing a good job with this exhaust set up and thats about it,really.

Lol awesome

slowpoke
6th February 2012, 10:37

Get the ear plugs ready mate, you're about to cop it from my missus too! You've shamed me into finally ordering some R1 forks/brakes for the ol' TLR, to suit the early R1 triples and old Marchesini's I've had lying around. I've still gotta sort out how to adapt the rear but the project is officially underway.........and the "robust discussions" won't be far behind, lol.

98tls
6th February 2012, 16:17
Get the ear plugs ready mate, you're about to cop it from my missus too! You've shamed me into finally ordering some R1 forks/brakes for the ol' TLR, to suit the early R1 triples and old Marchesini's I've had lying around. I've still gotta sort out how to adapt the rear but the project is officially underway.........and the "robust discussions" won't be far behind, lol.

:laugh:Sweet,want a full write up with pics as you go eh,just showed your post to the Mrs and said "theres more than one of me":niceone:

ducatilover
6th February 2012, 16:23
Have read that vinyl wrap is easy to do, I'm planning on wrapping my bike just to see if I can do it.
I've considered doing the whole thing in carbon wrap, but I think it'll look wank.

Then again, I like wank.

slowpoke
6th February 2012, 17:26
:laugh:Sweet,want a full write up with pics as you go eh,just showed your post to the Mrs and said "theres more than one of me":niceone:

Dunno 'bout the pic's, your mighty TLS is a hard act to follow!