PDA

View Full Version : Being lazy pays off!

myvice
23rd July 2005, 23:32
How’s this for lazy?
I'm a mechanic (automotive), my bikes playing up, I ignore it for about 3 months, it gets steadily worse...
Finally rip into it one weekend and find some nasty little things that I don’t want to find, stick it back together...
Last week I think, stuff this, and drop it into my local bike shop.
Lazy eh?
This bit I love...
Friends not using his bike at the moment, new job and other commitments and says "Use mine till you get your one back"
Cool, From a 250 Bandit to a GSXR 750 that has had a bit of work done to it!
Subtil power difference between the two.

Motu
24th July 2005, 10:19
I don't think I'd ever do that :oi-grr: Mind you a couple of years ago I did give my XS1 to a carpenter to repair! He has several XS650s and knows a lot about them,and also a lot of spares he has collected over the years - I had carb problems and seeing as he doesn't run standard carbs and the XS1 is different from later ones he was able to make it a good runner for me,from his spares,and knowledge.

When I was working in an equipment workshop,one of the mechanics would take his car down the road to a garage for simple lubes and tune ups,he had never worked on cars and hated the cramped conditions after trucks and construction equipment.

myvice
24th July 2005, 13:50
Same frame of mind as your mechanic, at the end of a long week I don’t want to lift a spanner.
And the guy I took it to knows more about small bikes than I do!
The other side is I have a lot going on at the moment and simply don’t have time to look at it, pity really as once I get started I quite enjoy tinkering with my bike