PDA

View Full Version : The Wairarapa way to kill a motorcyclist

jellywrestler
13th February 2012, 11:45
Just been over the Rapa for a squirt and was doing some back gravel roads and came across an electric fence type of ribbon wire right across the road at waist height, with no one attending it and no markers hanging over it.

Phillips road outside number 45 to be exact, lucky my old eyes aren't too shabby as i'm sure it would've made a nice mess if i hadn't seen it.
Anyone going this way keep your eyes peeled

Str8 Jacket
13th February 2012, 11:47
And don't forget to wave!

Rajol
13th February 2012, 12:10
People in the Wairarapa are F*n crazy

They have only 1 give way rule, and that's to give way to anything

so you have everyone giving way,

then this awkward part where both people go

then give way again

Other times I've seen people let women go first as the give way rule.

nodrog
13th February 2012, 12:19
Just been over the Rapa for a squirt and was doing some back gravel roads and came across an electric fence type of ribbon wire right across the road at waist height, with no one attending it and no markers hanging over it.

Phillips road outside number 45 to be exact, lucky my old eyes aren't too shabby as i'm sure it would've made a nice mess if i hadn't seen it.
Anyone going this way keep your eyes peeled

Are you sure it wasnt the international date line that keeps the Wairarapa locked in 1947?

baffa
13th February 2012, 13:06
If it was me I'd leave a marker or cut the wire. The next person along might not be so lucky to see it in time.

jellywrestler
13th February 2012, 13:22
If it was me I'd leave a marker or cut the wire. The next person along might not be so lucky to see it in time.
Actually the cocky was 100 meters away in a paddock came over and told me how someone else should've taken it down as it was only there for when the cows were going over for milking.
I did suggest a flouro marker as the thing looked like a daily fixture but he wasn't too concerned...

GrayWolf
13th February 2012, 17:02
Actually the cocky was 100 meters away in a paddock came over and told me how someone else should've taken it down as it was only there for when the cows were going over for milking.
I did suggest a flouro marker as the thing looked like a daily fixture but he wasn't too concerned...

'If he wasnt concerned? I may consider letting the local bobbies know, it is a hazard to road users.

Oakie
13th February 2012, 20:15
If it was me I'd leave a marker or cut the wire.

Bwahaha at cutting an electric fence! Could tell you a funny story about a biker and an electric fence but not enough time at present.

jellywrestler
14th February 2012, 08:49
'If he wasnt concerned? I may consider letting the local bobbies know, it is a hazard to road users.
Don't worry, got that one covered too.