PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you dare Hotwheels to make a car

wkid_one
22nd December 2003, 09:20
Here is what happens when someone stupidly dares someone at Hotwheels to make in to life a model car.....

This actually works This ful operational racer produces over 1400 horsepower and features two blown Chevy engines!

marty
22nd December 2003, 09:32
with all respect wkid - who gives a fuck? it doesn't even look like a bike

wkid_one
22nd December 2003, 09:38
Hence is why it is in Rave On Marty - NON BIKE STUFF......check the description of the Forum.

Talk about any non-motorbike stuff here.

Some people have an interests in things besides just motorbikes - obviously unlike yourself - with all due respect

If you are so anti things - un-motorbike - I suggest you don't open the Rave On forum.....you might get distressed - with all respect

MrMelon
22nd December 2003, 10:09
jeez guys, just chill.
I'm sure everyone likes seeing some amusing stuff every now and then. It's not like it can't be cool or worth looking at if it's not a bike...

wkid_one
22nd December 2003, 10:17
jeez guys, just chill.
I'm sure everyone likes seeing some amusing stuff every now and then. It's not like it can't be cool or worth looking at if it's not a bike...

My point entirely

marty
22nd December 2003, 10:29
sorry - i'm having a bad day (have to go to work soon). i could just delete the post, but i'll apologise for being rude instead

duckman
22nd December 2003, 10:38
Good Post Wkid, I wonder how much they paid to have it built!!

I mean, it's good to have a laugh but imagine being the one paying for it!

:eek5:

Slingshot
22nd December 2003, 10:50
It would be kinda hard to see past those blowers. I bet you if the driver of this car hit a biker the excuse would be, sorry mate, I didn't see ya cause my blowers were obstructing the view

wkid_one
22nd December 2003, 11:40
NP Marty - my reply was no better.

Yeah - 1400hp - it would be the tyre and fuel bill I would we more worried about

Motoracer
22nd December 2003, 12:38
One oversized supercharger scoop would seem bad enough for visibility’s sake but two of them?? :shit:

Whats the point of going that fast (1400hp??) if you can't see where your going?

Meanwhile the MG SV XPower Concept shown below chucks out 965hp (tuned version) on a more stable looking chassie. Not to mention better driver visibility!! There are a few more cars like these eg. TVR speed 12 with so much power that you never REALLY get to use in a lifetime!!

Sharkey
22nd December 2003, 12:59
Or the Bugatti Veyron - 1001 bhp, 8 litre W16 quad Turbo. They don't bother with a zero-62mph time. Indeed, zero to 180mph in 14 seconds. One-Four. Top speed 252mph.

http://autos.msn.com/as/pebblebeach2003/article.aspx?xml=veyron

wkid_one
22nd December 2003, 13:36
Some mad mad mad cars.....I love it.

Or - the Koenig Ferrari Testarossa Special - 1000bhp quad turbo

Of the Dodge Viper Hennessey Venom 1000TT 1100hp Twin Turbo V10. 0-100 in 2.2secs, to 160 in 5.3secs1150lb-ft

Highly expensive status symbols tho.

jrandom
22nd December 2003, 13:40
Or the Bugatti Veyron - 1001 bhp, 8 litre W16 quad Turbo

Ho hum.

Now, if we're on the topic of silly-fast factory cars, the TVR Speed 12 has actually been winning races against Vipers and the like. I'm sure the new Bugatti will have excellent wank value sitting in the garages of a few rather well-off gentlemen, but I seriously doubt that it'll ever post a respectable time around a track.

I'll take a piece of machinery designed for a non-ornamental purpose, TYVM... I can think of many beautiful and expensive objects that waste less space than a quad turbo "1001bhp" car.

At least that Hotwheels not-quite-Corvette has a certain up-yours in-ya-face impracticality to elevate it above the general overpriced self-loving asinine gaggle of pretentious automobilia jostling for the dollars of the neo-bourgeoisie.

duckman
22nd December 2003, 15:39
Wo wo wo..... Hang on - Let me just grab my thesaurass (yes I know) and check those bigwords out!!

Oh yes - Here it is Pretentious!! ;) :sleep:

jrandom
22nd December 2003, 16:37
thesaurass

The sore arse? :p

merv
22nd December 2003, 18:52
... and the problem is the sorry arse cops don't like us using these sorts of machines to go any more than 100km/hr.

For as long as I can remember the people around me have always drooled over fine machinery, but I can't understand who it is that actually drives the politicians to make such laws. I would see no problem with someone giving one of these cars a blat on the straights of the Wairarapa as long as the driver understand its capabilities and makes sure he doesn't run into anyone else... but if he was to try and keep going about 200km/hr through the centre of Masterton then I would say that was dangerous driving.

Timber020
23rd December 2003, 09:26
Twin, read that TWIN Kawaka 900 or 1200cc engines, 0 to 60 mph time of 2.8 seconds and a 0 to 100 mph time of 6.3 seconds using road legal tyres.

Makes my eyes widen thinking about it. Lets hope the cops never get them!

Timber

Sharkey
23rd December 2003, 09:42
Jrandom. Please. Just because the Hotwheels 'vehicle' has an "up yours" attitude does not elevate it above the crowd. Indeed, the use of expletives, whether verbally or aesthetically, is simply an indication of the laziness of the individual using such devices. As such it is actually demoted with respect to the plethora of compensatory automobiles.

Furthermore, I would like it noted that I never tried to proselytise you of the supremacy of the Bugatti over the TVR. Rather my comments were intended to be as an addition, in the sense of "here is another large, somewhat silly, but still exhilerating car". I do truely appreciate the TVR as a peice of beautiful machinery. But debating the relative practicalities of these two vehicles really is rather asinine.

duckman
23rd December 2003, 09:48
Oh Sharkey - Cut it out !!! :buggerd:

wkid_one
23rd December 2003, 11:02
Yeah - there are a few of twin bike donk cars......

I would want to drive one - should be a great ride....if not hell quick. The weight would mean it would rock in the turns

Please note - all in one sill a bull.

Coldkiwi
23rd December 2003, 12:20
Jrandom. Please. Just because the Hotwheels 'vehicle' has an "up yours" attitude does not elevate it above the crowd. Indeed, the use of expletives, whether verbally or aesthetically, is simply an indication of the laziness of the individual using such devices. As such it is actually demoted with respect to the plethora of compensatory automobiles.

Furthermore, I would like it noted that I never tried to proselytise you of the supremacy of the Bugatti over the TVR. Rather my comments were intended to be as an addition, in the sense of "here is another large, somewhat silly, but still exhilerating car". I do truely appreciate the TVR as a peice of beautiful machinery. But debating the relative practicalities of these two vehicles really is rather asinine.

I do believe thats a wasted university eduction we are viewing here folks! :)

jrandom
23rd December 2003, 12:34
I do believe thats a wasted university eduction we are viewing here folks! :)

Not at all. What better use for an education than to respond with caustic wit to my asinine blitherings? Imagine if my verbal (textual?) diarrhoea went unchecked...

:p

duckman
23rd December 2003, 12:55
Not at all. What better use for an education than to respond with caustic wit to my asinine blitherings? Imagine if my verbal (textual?) diarrhoea went unchecked...

:p

Not likely !! <_<

Sharkey
23rd December 2003, 15:02
I am always happy to be the antibiotic to the selmonella to the pomposly verbose.

Wait a minute. Does anyone have some textual diastop.....