PDA

View Full Version : Race seat foam?

ducatilover
15th February 2012, 09:23
What adhesive should I be using with race seat foam (AKA, grey foam from a Wharehouse camping pad...) <_<
Going to be fun having a shit foam pad on a road bike...:laugh:

Zedder
15th February 2012, 10:28
What adhesive should I be using with race seat foam (AKA, grey foam from a Wharehouse camping pad...) <_<
Going to be fun having a shit foam pad on a road bike...:laugh:

Our local upholsterer uses Ados F55 (commercial grade) contact adhesive for best results.

ducatilover
15th February 2012, 16:45
Our local upholsterer uses Ados F55 (commercial grade) contact adhesive for best results.
Cool, thanks, will pick some up.

frogfeaturesFZR
19th February 2012, 17:39
Let it tack off ( almost dry ) and then position your foam. You can cut around the seat with a sharp
Stanley knife. Make the foam 5-10 mm larger than the seat base. The foam compresses and gives a smoother edge.
Ps use a spray gun / can for an even coat.

DrunkenMistake
19th February 2012, 18:34
Haha the old man was a carpet layer and still does some bits and pieces for the odd person, he has some pretty frecken awesome glue he uses for vinyl and artificial turf, I remember stepping on a patch by accident and losing my shoe to it forever,
I could send you up a small pottle of the shit if he has some!.. Probably eat the bike though.

mossy1200
19th February 2012, 18:48
I used a spray on version of f2.Masked the area i didnt want pad on so i had a perfect alignment for the pad.Let it go almost 100% off before fitting it down.Was the only piece of tail to survive a few endos

ducatilover
19th February 2012, 18:55
Cheers guys, I have a few cans of F2 lying around somewhere so I'll get it sorted when I pull finger and finish the seat unit :2thumbsup: