PDA

View Full Version : Hawkes Bay: Ride to show support for a fellow KBer, and all those with cancer.

MSTRS
15th February 2012, 17:14
Wild weather on Saturday means that the event is now postponed until Sunday.

On march 4th 2012 there will be a ride from Wellington to Auckland in honour of ynotslow (Tony) a long time KB member and a thoroughly good bastard.

Unfortunately Tony has terminal cancer so this tribute to him will meet up (eventually) with the guys and girls in Auckland doing the relay walk in aid of all cancer sufferers.

This is an open invite to any Hawkes Bay riders to join with us and progress as far North as you wish to go. Taupo is the next staging post and hand over of the baton to be carried the next leg to Te Kuiti.

Nothing is required of you other than your company, but as this is a ride in tribute to Tony, in remembrance of loved ones lost and in support of those suffering with this evil disease, I would respectfully request that we ride it in a manner befitting the occasion.

he plan at this stage is to meet at Farndon Park (rugby grounds) Clive and ride to Taupo (or beyond if you wish).

MEETING Caltex servo, Omahu Rd - 1pm - Sunday 4 March

Come and stick two fingers up to cancer and bag a great ride while you're at it, hope to see some of you there!

yungatart
15th February 2012, 17:19
I'm in, even if I am only pillioning on the back of "The Wanton Hussy"

Maha
15th February 2012, 17:36
Awesome stuff guys...be nice to Gremlin...:shifty:

blue rider
15th February 2012, 17:39
I'm in, even if I am only pillioning on the back of "The Wanton Hussy"

all the way up to Auckland? would be great meeting you guys again.

yungatart
15th February 2012, 17:39
Always, Maha, always!
Let's hope we can get lots of support on this occasion

martybabe
15th February 2012, 18:30
On march 3rd 2012 there will be a ride from Wellington to Auckland in honour of ynotslow (Tony) a long time KB member and a thoroughly good bastard.

Unfortunately Tony has terminal cancer so this tribute to him will meet up (eventually) with the guys and girls in Auckland doing the relay walk in aid of all cancer sufferers.

This is an open invite to any Hawkes Bay riders to join with us and progress as far North as you wish to go. Taupo is the next staging post and hand over of the baton to be carried the next leg to Te Kuiti.

Nothing is required of you other than your company, but as this is a ride in tribute to Tony, in remembrance of loved ones lost and in support of those suffering with this evil disease, I would respectfully request that we ride it in a manner befitting the occasion.

To co-incide with the local Relay4Life event, the plan at this stage is to meet at Farndon Park (rugby grounds) Clive and ride to Taupo (or beyond if you wish).

MEETING TIME YET TO BE DECIDED. WILL ADVISE SOON...

Any donation you would like to give to the cause may be given to the collectors at Clive.

Come and stick two fingers up to cancer and bag a great ride while you're at it, hope to see some of you there!

Ere, you done stole my words and added a few of your own, that's plagiarism that is, wait till I tell teacher what you did :laugh: An extra dollar in the bucket for you my Lad.

Come on East coasters, lets make this a big, safe, fun and profitable ride for Fat Tony and all families that have endured this hateful disease, high time we beat the crap out of it and the fight starts here. We need you, what else ya gonna do? mow the lawns? come on down and smack Cancer around a bit.

MSTRS
15th February 2012, 19:09
Fair play to you, my young friend. I saw no point in re-inventing the perfect wheel.

MSTRS
16th February 2012, 07:14
Meeting time now firmed up

Fatt Max
17th February 2012, 12:18
Great work mate, good onya

I've posted this on the FBMC forum and have encouraged the guys to support you in this.

Hope it all goes well for you mate, thanks again for organising this ride

FM

Maha
17th February 2012, 14:07
T Shirts now avaliable for order...http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/146927-Support-the-L-s-Angels-Buy-a-T-shirt

Dooly
17th February 2012, 15:11
Kudos to all involved.
Would love to attend but have spent this week in hospital looking for the big C, well, not me but the experts, can't ride me scooter but shit happens.
I may be fucked, but may not be, who knows. who cares, go J & J.
Best wishes Tony, ride hard.

yungatart
17th February 2012, 15:32
Thanks FM...its gonna be great.

If you have cancer, then this ride is for you too, Dooly!
This nasty insidious disease affects so many...we all know of more than one person who is battling it at present.
That's why this is such a good thing to be involved in!

MSTRS
17th February 2012, 16:01
It's just one way to show support for people going through a difficult time. Anything that gives their morale a 'boost' is a good thing.

ynot slow
18th February 2012, 01:20
Dooly best of luck,keep positive( is hard but seems to work),get and use the cancer society for help if you feel inclined,and talk mate,friends or family anyone.Best of luck to your family,God knows they are hurting.The ride is for all people afflickted by this fucken curse we all want to beat.Here is hoping you can use treatment to kick the shit to touch.All the best.

yungatart
19th February 2012, 13:50
**bumpety bump**

Dooly
19th February 2012, 18:36
Cheers, but not allowed to ride/drive for yet another year from this week. brain thingy too, but it's about Ynot.

Does'nt mean you can't sneak out.....:yes::Police::sweatdrop

Gremlin
19th February 2012, 23:45
I'll be on the eastern leg :wavey:

Rehab
27th February 2012, 17:40
Greetings all.

I will be printing all the Cancer Relay threads this Thursday 2nd March. They will then be all bound together into one book of sorts. I'll take it down to Wellington on Friday and it'll go into the baton for it's journey up the country. It'll then be presented along with the other bits and pieces.

The reason I am telling you all this comes to you in two parts:

1) It mightn't be a bad idea to go through any posts you've made and edit or remove anything you don't want to be permanently recorded. I can't think of anything that actually needs changing, but that's up to you. All that we ask is that you don't go crazy and end up changing the past, so to speak, and ruining the flow of the thing.

2) Please feel free to add any further personal messages of support.

Once again, anything that's still in here on Thursday will go to print, and obviously the opposite is true of anything not added to the thread by then. See most of you Saturday.

yungatart
28th February 2012, 06:56
We're hoping lots of Hawkes Bay riders will come along and support Tony as he deals with this cursed disease. Tony lived with us for more than two years. He's a part of our family now. Let's hope the weather gods are on board for our cause too!
See you Saturday, Farndon Park in Clive.

yungatart
29th February 2012, 16:10
Our handover place is where the HB Relay for Life is taking place. I thought it only fitting, but decided I should let the good folk at Cancer Society know that we are going to turn up. The lady I spoke to was blown away when I told her the story. She wants our baton change to happen on the track, as it is special and should be recognised as such. She will confirm with me tomorrow, but it is looking pretty likely.
Watch this space!

Maha
29th February 2012, 16:34
Cool Janet....:clap:

yungatart
1st March 2012, 18:30
Our baton change will take place on the track as part of the 'official relay'.
How cool is that?

MSTRS
1st March 2012, 20:12
Wild weather on Saturday means that the event is now postponed until Sunday.

MSTRS
2nd March 2012, 16:02
The Cancer Relay event at Farndon Park, Clive has changed. It is being held elsewhere and has been shortened as well. We won't be able to combine our event with theirs, which is a shame.

In view of that, Alisdair + I have decided it best to meet at the Caltex servo on Omahu Rd, just down from the Expressway.
Note - SUNDAY!!! Time is still around 1pm

yungatart
4th March 2012, 08:56
Not a bad day for a ride. The baton is on its way!

Maha
4th March 2012, 09:47
Not a bad day for a ride. The baton is on its way!

And dont they look really coo?l...I have the book of threads here that I will take with me.

yungatart
4th March 2012, 10:04
They do indeed!
This is a very special thing to be involved with, although I dearly wish we didn't need to be doing this!
Ride safe

Mom
4th March 2012, 10:26
Maha is on his way south. We are almost finished the clean up. Two full recycle bins :lol:

MSTRS
4th March 2012, 10:28
Manawatu lot have just left Taihape

MSTRS
4th March 2012, 16:59
Safely delivered by 86GSXR, transported to Taupo and passed on to Katman.
Thanks all who participated.

86GSXR
4th March 2012, 17:05
Just home after sultana pancakes with Cowboyz in Ashhurst. Good to see you guys, a great ride, great people, and for a great bloke!

Mom
4th March 2012, 17:05
Safely delivered by 86GSXR, transported to Taupo and passed on to Katman.
Thanks all who participated.

What a cool thing to do. Thanks for making this possible guys.

One tiny idea becomes such a fantastic event in support of a really nice man.

yungatart
4th March 2012, 17:12
Just home after sultana pancakes with Cowboyz in Ashhurst. Good to see you guys, a great ride, great people, and for a great bloke!

What a cool thing to do. Thanks for making this possible guys.

One tiny idea becomes such a fantastic event in support of a really nice man.

I can only echo what you guys have said. Rarely, if you are lucky, you get to meet a legendary good bastard....that's our Tony!
Least we could do really...

MSTRS
4th March 2012, 17:18
I can only echo what you guys have said. Rarely, if you are lucky, you get to meet a legendary good bastard....that's our Tony!
Least we could do really...

In fact....
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN RUDE NOT TO.

BigG
5th March 2012, 06:59
http://contour.com/stories/taupo-leg-1
Short clip from the HB

MSTRS
5th March 2012, 07:12
Thanks for posting that up G. We weren't going that fast tho...you've speeded up the clip, eh?
Was great having you and other mates join us on the ride.