PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki RG250 rear brake master cylinder

tinytim
19th February 2012, 07:11
G'day, can anyone help with photos of a 1983 Suzuki RG250 Rear Brake Master Cylinder set up. I'm had mine in bits for months and didn't take photos when I stripped it. When I set it up again (obviously incorrectly) the unit started leaking and when I look at where the rod is connected to the foot lever and then up to the unit it's on an angle which I'm wondering is where I've gone wrong.
So as many photos from all angles would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Tinytim

F5 Dave
20th February 2012, 16:37
gee bud there won't be many still going. My 83 is so moddified it has no std parts &, well I still have the old footpeg hangers, but don't think a MC on them.

Try google, there will be a few pics around

Your MC will require a rebuild, parts should be availiable, even if pattern parts, but you should work out why push rod enters on an angle.

tinytim
27th February 2012, 06:06
Here's my master cylinder and and brackets. I've had a reply on the rgv250 forum but it's different to mine so they must have changed it from 83 to 84, mines a 83.
Can anyone help with pics of an 83. (from all angles incl from left side of bike looking through the frame.
Cheers
Tinytim

F5 Dave
27th February 2012, 08:22
Heck I can't remember, seem to think the mc on mine was on the frame with a long rod, queer setup, but too long ago sorry. I found the hangers & lever etc, but didn't give any clues.

Drew
27th February 2012, 08:48
The push rod should be able to actuate the piston on an angle without any problems, and could well be how it was meant to be.

Get a new seal for the master cylinder, and chuck it together again. It seems pretty unlikely that you could assemble those three parts incorrectly, without having changed anything.