PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust . . .

Nukles
16th December 2002, 16:30
as some may have heard, i cannot ride for a little while.

not a big accident, i didn't hit anything else but the tarmac and no faster than 10Km/H.

i still manage to tear many muscles and do not have the use of my upper right side for a while, my chest, arm, shoulder and shoulder blade hurt like hell. i'm typing with one hand :angry:

the story:
Friday, approx 1:15PM. Symonds & Khyber Pass, approaching the red light. in the nearby cop's words: "at less than 10KpH he wobbled and fell on his side, simlpy not moving, unconsious."

all i can remember from that day is bits of between 9am and 11:15am, after that it's lost forever. people who have been with me during that time told me what i was up to but i cannot remember a thing.

since i'm diabetic the doctor checked if it was related and it was not, also an MRI showed that there was no sign of seizure. and at the moment nobdy has any idea of what happened to me. i don't either :brick:

my Monster gets painted tomorrow and i really don't want to see it sitting in my garrage for too long. so i plan on doing all i can to get better soon.

plus, i work at MOTOMAIL now so i cannot let them down.

Kiwi
16th December 2002, 17:59
I hope you get well soon - and your baby :)

See ya
Kiwi

duke
16th December 2002, 20:44
what a frightening experience.............hope you get well soon.
take care
duke

SPman
16th December 2002, 22:11
Hey, that sounds scary. Sorry to hear about it. Hope you and yours are back to full health soon:soon: :sunny:

wari
17th December 2002, 08:12
Thats a real basted Knuckles ... real sorry to hear it.

Take time to get yourself well mate.

wari

Nukles
17th December 2002, 08:47
thanks guys... as of today only my head feels better. my arm is stiff as a steel bar. i'm going to need to find a good physiotherapist or sports doctor.

What?
17th December 2002, 08:52
Sorry to hear about your misadventure, Knuckles. A real bugger losing memory without involving alcohol! (not that I advocate drinking and riding... well, not at the same time, anyway). Hope you and the bike are back in one piece soon.:done:

Nukles
17th December 2002, 08:56
the bike... hehehe

this is kinda funny. it's a VRSCA (V-Rod 100th anniversary edition) and one of the three damaged parts on it is one of the frame sections that is bent and H-D doesn't even manufacture it as a spare yet. :bash:

Gixxer
17th December 2002, 10:02
sorry too hear about your accident knuckles, hope it is nothing too serious.

SpankMe
17th December 2002, 10:29
Shit, passing out while ridding the bike. :eek: That’s scary stuff, luckily you were only going slow. Get better soon man and get back on that bike :)

wari
21st December 2002, 09:02
How's the recovery going mate?

What part of MOTOMAIL are you working in?

Nukles
21st December 2002, 10:04
my recovery is very slow. i have bruised and fractured ribs. 7 torn muscles and all muscles around the ribs are deeply bruised. :brick:

i can only sleep 30 minutes at a time at night before i wake up from the pain and then it takes a while to get back to sleep. :bash: :angry:

at Motomail i work in the main part but have not been there since my accident. i might pass by today and see if there is any work i can do with only one arm. :argh:

Cuban
22nd December 2002, 10:30
sorry to hear it knuckles.

i expect to see u on nzs funniest home videos or something for falling off cold!
i hate to say it, but perhaps a cage would look a lil more appealing, the last thing we need is for you to khak it coz u were riding when ya probably shouldnt have been,(for ACC reasons if nothing else!!).
Take it easy mate, you can get another bike, body parts are a little more tricky.

all the best

Nukles
22nd December 2002, 10:47
well, three visits to the doctor later, they still cannot find a single explanation for what happened to me. i was not tired and had not consumed any substances of any kind (including sugar).

i'm not claiming anythign to ACC so you can say that i'm doing my part in being resonsible for my actions. ACC should be for those who get very injured not just partially incapable of riding for two weeks like me ;)

today i can now touch the top of my head with my right hand :bigthumb: we're gettin'there.