PDA

View Full Version : How long will it last

SixPackBack
24th July 2005, 19:41
I have only had my k4 thou less than 5 months, and the k's are racking up quickly. estimate 25k a year at presant rate. My question is how many trouble free km will i get out of this motor......when do i financially decide to dump it and buy another? Has any one on the site killed a gixxer 1000 motor when using it to commute and weekend thrash?

bugjuice
24th July 2005, 19:49
My question is how many trouble free km will i get out of this motor...
already on borrowed time :devil2:
flog it and get a zx10. the '06 zx10 is meant to be a tad sexy..

pt

SixPackBack
24th July 2005, 19:54
already on borrowed time :devil2:
flog it and get a zx10. the '06 zx10 is meant to be a tad sexy..

pt

Sorry you wanted the sandblasting completed when :rofl:

bugjuice
24th July 2005, 19:56
bollox. I take it back. :o
don't sell your bike, it'll last you 20 years trouble free, being a zookie n all.. you'll be fine, just ride it.. :whistle:

justsomeguy
24th July 2005, 20:01

Hahahahahahaha now that was a low blow:rofl:

White trash
24th July 2005, 20:03
I've thrashed mine to almost an inch of its life and other than its little cam timing fault, which was entirely my fuck up, it's been phe-fucken-nominal.

WINJA is also notoriously hard on machinary, his still goes good by all accounts (although no one's ever seen it :whistle: )

Gixxers are renowned for being unbreakable. Chuck a turbo at it when it loses compresion and bob's your uncle.

Firefight
24th July 2005, 20:06
hey SixPack, not sure if this helps, havn't blown up my R6 yet, but have done 42k in about 15 months (mostly on 22).

The issues I have is the regular servcies, On my old bikes I would do the servcies myself, however to keep the warranty current you have to get someone to do it for you at great $$$$$$$$$$$$$$,and sign or put the little stamp in the book . I am slightly overdue my 40k servcie which is going to cost about NZ$600.00, so I am thinking, may was well put money into another Bike, so I am thinking my plan for the future will be keep them for about 40k or two years, whichever comes first. then trade them in .
No doubt some people will have some comments to make about this(wouldn't be KB if they didn't.) But thats my plan.

F/F

F/F

White trash
24th July 2005, 20:23
No doubt some people will have some comments to make about this

And here's mine.

'Bout fucken time.

Sensei
24th July 2005, 20:25
My 93 GSXR1100R had 78,000klm on the clock when I sold it . Brought with 10k on it . Dragged it the whole 7y's I had it . Timed - 1/4 10 .2 sec & flying 178mph . Never had any trouble with it . Thats why I now own a GSXR K3 .
tryed 53 other bikes only 1 has handled my ride Style GSXR !! If you have that much money that you can change when you like than good on ya !!.
But you'll have to be doing bloody well to hurt a GSXR motor ..

FROSTY
24th July 2005, 23:10
Now six I think you need to ignore all these optomistic sods. Clearly your gixxer is about to die any moment and needs to be retired post haste.
Coincidently I have a suitable retirement garage organised for it. :devil2:

Storm
25th July 2005, 08:25
Now six I think you need to ignore all these optomistic sods. Clearly your gixxer is about to die any moment and needs to be retired post haste.
Coincidently I have a suitable retirement garage organised for it. :devil2:

Ever the helpful man about the place eh ?

DEATH_INC.
25th July 2005, 16:40
Gixxers are indestructable,mines done over 50k now,Ive owned it 35 of those k's and we all know how easy I am on it......and my awesome maintenance shedule.... :whistle:

vifferman
25th July 2005, 16:51
Gixxers are indestructable
That's probably not too much of an exaggeration. Not that I know anything...

Hey - I do know about VFRs though. Their engines last virtually forever, if not longer. The record is a guy in the UK who got a total of 485,000 MILES from a pair of VFR engines. And there are plenty of guys in the USA with more than 100k miles on theirs. Mine's almost (but not quite) run in at 34k miles...