PDA

View Full Version : Random observation over past few weeks- nods/waves on my two road bikes

roadkillnz
20th February 2012, 21:31
( ohh nooo not another nodding/waving thread :shutup: )
On my Buell, I get nodded/waved at fairly often (with me initiating a lot of the time), but when on my RMX I get about 1/3rd as many nods/waves back. Is there some form of brand/dual sport snobbery going on, or are they wondering why the RMX has smoke out the back :D

Thought I'd just share that random observation with you guys.

idb
20th February 2012, 21:40
( ohh nooo not another nodding/waving thread :shutup: )
On my Buell, I get nodded/waved at fairly often (with me initiating a lot of the time), but when on my RMX I get about 1/3rd as many nods/waves back. Is there some form of brand/dual sport snobbery going on, or are they wondering why the RMX has smoke out the back :D

Thought I'd just share that random observation with you guys.

Hey...I've got a great idea.
Why don't we get our heads together and come up with a KB wave so we can recognise each other on the road??!!!

YellowDog
20th February 2012, 21:42
Yes there is some (a lot of) snobbery amongst wavers. I generally instigate the wave, however it is sometimes hard to spot the HD rider whom may well be offended by a non-HD waver :facepalm:

mossy1200
20th February 2012, 21:49
Why don't we get our heads together and come up with a KB wave so we can recognise each other on the road??!!!

maybe the right leg spasm
or the blow your smoking gun finger followed by wise man nod:nya:

jaffaonajappa
20th February 2012, 21:57
my wee 15km per direction daily commutes - Ive seen HD and mud bike riders wave, but the UJM types covered in pretty colored textiles seem oblivious to other bikers. And thats regardless of what Im riding or wearing.
Perhaps this is the new state of Jafaland tho...intensely focused on getting to the next Latte on time.

flyingcrocodile46
20th February 2012, 21:58

:motu: appears most appropriate for the KB wave. I wonder if a set of indicators could be rigged up to flash a single finger salute :laugh:

jaffaonajappa
20th February 2012, 22:00
:motu: appears most appropriate for the KB wave. I wonder if a set of indicators could be rigged up to flash a single finger salute :laugh:

I like the....standing up on the pegs and left hand makes whipping motions on ones own backside ' giddy up '.
Only ever seen this wave returned the one time.

Berries
20th February 2012, 22:42
Maybe they think it is a CR -

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/147015-Why-do-some-quot-idiots-quot-bash-on-Honda-riders

sleemanj
20th February 2012, 23:03

aXdtUISSHuo

Tigadee
21st February 2012, 07:23

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9knjvdaIzA&feature=player_detailpage

Or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FcmlAZEAc

Voltaire
21st February 2012, 11:41
I've been riding a scooter for the last week...scooter owners don't wave at each other.... PO has fitted an air horn.....finding it pretty useful for keeping foreign ownership of my lane to a minimum. :killingme:

cheshirecat
21st February 2012, 12:03
I get strange prolonged looks

Rajol
21st February 2012, 15:04
aXdtUISSHuo

Going to start a new thread /poll saying that this is our new KB salute!

great video btw... cracked up

roadkillnz
21st February 2012, 17:12
aXdtUISSHuo

Hehe, classic.

Berries
21st February 2012, 17:51
I get strange prolonged looks
You must be used to that by now?