PDA

View Full Version : SH22???

R6_kid
24th July 2005, 20:49
After hearing so much about this beast of a road i was quite delighted to find (i think) that i had to ride part of it to get to glenbrook today. Took the turnoff at drury and headed up to the glenbrook turnoff. If it werent for my shoddy shock and the fact i didnt know what the cop quota was i didnt wanna go to fast but i did see 160 once or twice (hey im on a two fiddy here)

Can someone please confirm that Karaka road from the Drury motorway interchange is in fact the famous SH22? if it is i can see why it is adored... albeit for the first 14km or so :Punk:

as you were :ride:

dveus
24th July 2005, 20:53
That is SH22, but its not the section of the road we normally ride, 22 starts again just the other side of Pukekohe and this is where it starts to get fun. Between Drury - Pukekohe has far too much traffic and police presence for a good blast.

marty
24th July 2005, 21:54
go to tuakau, cross over the river, and ride til you run out of tarseal. that's 22.

R6_kid
24th July 2005, 21:59
ride til you run out of tarseal. that's 22.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN :devil2:

I can imagine the end of 22 that i did would be extremely fun on a large capacity bike with no cops on the road... long roads with some nice 160kmh+ corners in there. I didnt find the traffic too much of a problem tho i was only doing 120-130... and for me that generally times groups of traffic with passing lanes or atleast the imaginary ones in my head :weird:

myvice
25th July 2005, 18:38
I behave myself till I'm past Tuakau as there is always a cop out that way.
There is another way but I'm mean and not guna tell ya! :nya: